280 lbs.

5.07 40 dash

12.0 100m dash

24.8 200m dash

365 lbs. bench press

450 lbs. squat

27 inch vertical

Rivals Teaser-

SUTTON, Neb. - On paper, it's hard to find a more impressive athlete in the state of Nebraska for the class of 2012 than Sutton defensive tackle Mike Shoff. The 6-foot-6, 280 pound Shoff has the size, speed and strength Division I coaches dream of, and the scary thing is he's only a sophomore.

It looks like he might be one of the best prospects in the nation for 2012.

Yeah I read this. He'll be Nebraska's to lose. He comes from a very athletic family. His mom was a good volleyball player. His dad played in the NFL for the Lions. His uncle was an Olympic volleyball player. He also has 3 younger brothers too, so we might be seeing legacy players in the future.

His measurables as a Sophomore are quite impressive:

6'6"

280 lbs.

5.07 40 dash

12.0 100m dash

24.8 200m dash

365 lbs. bench press

450 lbs. squat

27 inch vertical

Led his team with 98 tackles playing 3 different positions; DE, DT and MLB. Is also a phenomenal HS wrestler at the Heavyweight division. He has compiled a 70-1 record so far. He lost in the State Finals last year as a Freshman in overtime. He will be wrestling this weekend for his first State Title at the Qwest Center in Omaha.

Another interesting tidbit, his mom used to babysit Jared Crick. So it's not surprising that he's already getting Jared Crick comparisons. They even kind of look alike.

911539.jpg781967.jpg

• Fire 1

too early

Yes and No. FWIW, Nebraska has already offered a 2012 prospect from Alabama. Kwon Alexander

you're right, it's never too early. :koolaid2:

My guess would be that they'll offer him as early as this summer at camp if they like what they see from him.

Don't forget that we offered Ryne Reeves early too. He was offered last summer before he started his Junior year in HS.

A 6'6 280 middle linebacker!? that'd be a sight to see. He's going to be so huge that he'll have to be on the offensive side of the ball. It's good to see some great talent coming from the state! Baker, trevor robinson, Ryne and now Shoff. We just have to keep them all!

sign him up now!

i think some kids just have got it and a kid this good this early and this committed i think can only go upward... kids like this from other state are offered all the time... true some dont work and some are GREAT college kids but hell who cares why cant this kid be great...

i think we keep an eye on him and let the chips fall where they may...