OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

Any news on whether he received his offer this week?

He did not.

He needs to send in more film and dominate his senior season.

I think it has to do with limited scholarships. In another year, he would already have one, but things are going to be really tight this year.

Fingers crossed for this young man. I would love for him to be a Husker.

He did not.

I think it has to do with limited scholarships. In another year, he would already have one, but things are going to be really tight this year.

i guess he picked the wrong year to not go and fail a grade...........

I sure hope this kid doesn't end up at Iowa or any other Big 10 school because we didn't offer. I think he could be very good in a couple years with the S&C he will recieve. He is already one of the most athletic kids in the state and maybe the region. Would sure be a shame to miss out on him.

I sure hope this kid doesn't end up at Iowa or any other Big 10 school because we didn't offer. I think he could be very good in a couple years with the S&C he will recieve. He is already one of the most athletic kids in the state and maybe the region. Would sure be a shame to miss out on him.

I'm not too worried. If NU offers at any point I think he is in.

He did not.

Don't buy this one bit. He can dominate Class C in his sleep. He is falling victem to the numbers game at this point right now and that is pretty moronic IMO. This is a kid that could contribute on either side of the line. He IS head and shoulders above the rest of the prospects in Nebraska. This we'll wait and see game could come back and bite NU in the ass if a place like Iowa or KState start showing him crazy love. I agree that he really wants to be Husker but sometimes this is a fine line to walk.

He can't dominate Class C or any class in his sleep. I think people need to stop acting like the other kids on other teams simply wont play. He will do very well most of the time, thats for sure. It is very very hard for (one)lineman to dominate an entire game, its just to easy to gameplan around them, if a coach wants to, especially in high school. Please save the "Suh says hi" post, lets face it, that was a once in a lifetime player.

Now, with that being said, the NU staff doesnt really want to see this kid kill everyone this year, they want to see how he adjusts after his operation. How will he do in pads, will be play slow because of his knee, will he be hesitant, what happens with cut blocks or pile ups.

If it's a matter of hesitancy because of the ACL injury then I'm a bit baffled. Not because the staff shouldn't be hesitant about offering kids with injury histories because I'm leery of those types of situations too, but because they've offered Terrell Mitchell who has (or will be undergoing?) ACL surgery this year with the intention of sitting out the 2011 season for rehab. Do you see the inconsistency in these cases?

Why would we give an injured JUCO kid a scholarship without knowing whether his knee will hold up in 2012 and beyond? While at the same time a high school kid coming off ACL rehab a year ago played the final 2 football games followed by a whole season of wrestling and track & field afterwards where he won state titles in both sports respectively.

With that in mind, I think the best explanation isn't the injury scenario I've outlined above that's preventing the offer, but as already mentioned elsewhere in this thread, it's a numbers game due to the small class we're taking. An NU offer for Shoff is probably contingent on the "big fish" that are at the top of the staff's recruiting board. The longer those "big fish" drag out their recruitment, the longer Shoff will have to wait-and-see. The only thing that might expedite Shoff's chances of getting an offer sooner is if other BCS schools started throwing offers at him the same way they did Zach Sterup last year.

I'm not against Terrell Mitchell receiving an offer, nor am I against the staff for not offering Shoff yet at this point. I'm merely raising awareness of the inconsistencies of these two situations relative to their ACL injuries. Which is why I think it has more to do with recruiting numbers than it does hesitancy to offer due to injury.

I thought Mitchell was/is a TE, unless I am thinking of a different guy, right?

Well, you might take a bigger chance on a cat who is a position of need that is regarded as one of the best TE's in the country.

That is just a guess on the fact that they are treated in different ways. Also, does Mitchell even have an offer?

I thought Mitchell was/is a TE, unless I am thinking of a different guy, right?

Well, you might take a bigger chance on a cat who is a position of need that is regarded as one of the best TE's in the country.

That is just a guess on the fact that they are treated in different ways. Also, does Mitchell even have an offer?

Yes, a TE. But he hasn't played in a football game since 2008 when he was in high school. Highly regarded or not, that's a long time. Now with rehab in the works for 2011, he'll have gone 3 whole seasons without seeing the field.

Yes, Mitchell has an offer. My understanding is he can enroll this summer but the staff needs to crunch some scholly numbers in order to get him to count towards the 2011 class. Not sure what the hold up is since Coffey, Spano & Green have left some scholly openings?

He did not.

Don't buy this one bit. He can dominate Class C in his sleep. He is falling victem to the numbers game at this point right now and that is pretty moronic IMO. This is a kid that could contribute on either side of the line. He IS head and shoulders above the rest of the prospects in Nebraska. This we'll wait and see game could come back and bite NU in the ass if a place like Iowa or KState start showing him crazy love. I agree that he really wants to be Husker but sometimes this is a fine line to walk.

"The things that coach Pelini and coach Cotton stressed was 'just dominate this season.'"...a direct quote from Shoff.

He did not.

"The things that coach Pelini and coach Cotton stressed was 'just dominate this season.'"...a direct quote from Shoff.

well if he doesnt dominate enough for Nebraska i guess he can always go to Iowa.. they think he already dominates enough

He did not.

well if he doesnt dominate enough for Nebraska i guess he can always go to Iowa.. they think he already dominates enough

I'm afraid that is what will happen and it will be a sad day...This guy can dominate class C and any other class in Nebraska. He was by far the best HWT. wrestler through out all classes and possibly the most dominate of the year out of any weight and class. The kid is a bad mumba jumba.

He did not.

I'm afraid that is what will happen and it will be a sad day...This guy can dominate class C and any other class in Nebraska. He was by far the best HWT. wrestler through out all classes and possibly the most dominate of the year out of any weight and class. The kid is a bad mumba jumba.

Incorrect. Mumbo Jumbo was the shaman from Banjo Kazooie. Humba Wumba was the Indian shaman chick from the second one who never really did it for me. But I digress...

You raise an interesting point. Cmon NU give the kid a scholly. If he doesn't work out in football, put him on the wrestling mats.

He did not.

Incorrect. Mumbo Jumbo was the shaman from Banjo Kazooie. Humba Wumba was the Indian shaman chick from the second one who never really did it for me. But I digress...

You raise an interesting point. Cmon NU give the kid a scholly. If he doesn't work out in football, put him on the wrestling mats.

Mumba Jumba appears to be the male version of bad mamma jamma.

I also hope he gets his offer sooner than later.