B12 Spring Lineup

RedDenver

ESPN has quick preview of B12 spring practices. I didn't see another thread on it so...

Here's the link:

link

Part on NU:

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Spring practice starts: March 24

Spring game: April 17

What to watch:

1. Will quarterback Zac Lee keep his starting job? After Lee was plagued by inconsistency throughout the '09 season, offensive coordinator Shawn Watson is expected to open the competition during spring practice. Sophomore Cody Green, senior Latravis Washington and freshman Taylor Martinez will all be given a fair chance to win the job.

2. Defensive tackle. Nebraska fans won't see All-American Ndamukong Suh commanding double-team blocks along the line of scrimmage. Even after losing one of the most decorated players in school history, the Cornhuskers figure to be pretty good up front. Jared Crick and Baker Steinkuhler will man the middle, with Pierre Allen and Cameron Meredith entering spring camp as the favorites at ends.

3. Rex Burkhead. The sophomore burst onto the scene after Roy Helu Jr. was hurt early in the Huskers' 33-0 rout of Arizona in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl, rushing for 89 yards with one touchdown. Burkhead was very explosive running out of the Wildcat package, so look for Watson to try and utilize him even more to make the Nebraska attack less predictable.

is it just me or does espn not know that rex played and played well early in the season. he would have had a great freshmen year had it not been for that injured foot. lets also not forget what he did against colorado. it seems to me they think he was a no name that showed up out of no where for that one game. :espnsucks:

Every so often, I hear significant buzz from Nebraska coaches and others about a Husker football player who's making sizable offseason progress. I have a few names I'll roll out in the next few days, starting with . . .

Dontrayevous Robinson.

I talked to two Nebraska coaches Tuesday, and both mentioned Robinson, a sophomore-to-be running back, without being asked about him. Robinson actually came on strong as last season went along.

"Man, he's almost like a different dude," Husker offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said Tuesday. "He's confident. He knows what he's doing. He's got a swagger. I mean, he's 232 pounds. He looks awfully good. He's growing up, and now he has to translate things onto the field."

The 6-foot-1 Robinson, of Euless, Texas, encountered no trouble translating his blocking skills to Arizona defenders in the Holiday Bowl. Go back and watch Robinson clear the way for Rex Burkhead on the Wildcat plays.

Robinson rushed 39 times last season for 165 yards and two touchdowns.

Along with Roy Helu and Burkhead, it sounds like Nebraska has a core of good running backs for 2010.

LINK