SIGNED ATH Daniel Davie

I would not be so quick to think that a younger kid should just beat out a senior. Coaches trust kids that they have known and that have worked hard for them. It is very tough for a head coach to sit a senior that is good for a junior that has potential. You will see a lot of high school weight rooms that have signs saying "Potenial means you have not done anything yet", you have to prove it and most of the time that is proved with lots of time in the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Davie put up a 10.6, 100m and a 21.5, 200m few days ago at districts.

Tyler Evans won both of his events as well w/ a 10.8, 100m and a 22.2 200m.

Both are the 3rd leg in Section 2 of the 400 meter relay.

Davie is in Heat 2, and Evans in Heat 3 for the 100m preliminary. Davie goes in with the fastest time at 10.6, along with 2 others.

Davie is in Heat 1, and Evans in Heat 3 for the 200m preliminary. Davie goes in with the fastest time at 21.5. Second fastest is 22.00.

Lampkin won the 100m with 10.84 at districts. He goes into state 2nd behind Hodges at 10.83. Lampkin sits at 1st in long jump at 24'4, next closest is 22'9. Sits 2nd in triple jump. He's got hops.

I don't understand this Class B thing. My son played at Northeast when King was coaching there and actually transferred to Beatrice in his junior year. He said there was a whisker difference between A & B ball. B ball is NOT as forlorn as you make it sound.... There was some kid named Steinkuler. He played at this large school in SE Ne. Oh yeah Sterling...Hmmmm What class is that.... D-ball... I could go on but what's the point it's kinda like dedhoarse

I don't understand this Class B thing. My son played at Northeast when King was coaching there and actually transferred to Beatrice in his junior year. He said there was a whisker difference between A & B ball. B ball is NOT as forlorn as you make it sound.... There was some kid named Steinkuler. He played at this large school in SE Ne. Oh yeah Sterling...Hmmmm What class is that.... D-ball... I could go on but what's the point it's kinda like dedhoarse

He means Dean Steinkuhler not his two boys most people on here are better acquainted with. We know they went to big schools. Dean however, did not.

I havent seen enough tape or know anything about this kid but unless they think he can be a WR I doubt they give him offer till the last min. There are already 2 safeties in this class and if any of the top canidates like Lyons , Shannon , or Lyndell Johnson want N then they got it .

the overall talent level is substantially better in Class A. Mostly due to sheer numbers. Of course the top end talent is going to remain the same throughout the different classes, but Class A teams overall talent level are superior to those of smaller classes.

the overall talent level is substantially better in Class A. Mostly due to sheer numbers. Of course the top end talent is going to remain the same throughout the different classes, but Class A teams overall talent level are superior to those of smaller classes.

exactly - where the margin's appear smaller is in the individual sports like track/golf/tennis. As far as the team component goes in those sports, class A will still almost always come out on top, but individuals can shine over the A kids. In terms of the sprints this year, class B is substantially better than class A...mainly due to Davie and a couple of others. Overall I'm sure A is still better however.

exactly - where the margin's appear smaller is in the individual sports like track/golf/tennis. As far as the team component goes in those sports, class A will still almost always come out on top, but individuals can shine over the A kids. In terms of the sprints this year, class B is substantially better than class A...mainly due to Davie and a couple of others. Overall I'm sure A is still better however.

All I'm saying is somewhat, not substantially. Beatrice for instance plays summer basketball against both Lincoln and Omaha teams. Year in and year out they play right with em'. Am I saying that they whip up on them??? No They do how ever let em' know they been in a ball game. I just don't understand what the big deal is about the Huskers recruiting class B, C, or whatever. I would imagine for one thing they have seen these kids in their camps. And that is all I have to say about that... :lol:

Beatrice is a good bball team too. I know at SSC we hate facing them because of that dang style they run. Pass, pass, pass,.....pass about 50 more times, then after 2 minutes of annoying dragging out the game, the defense softens and they are able to dish it in for easy buckets. The most annoying style of basketball ever, for their opponents. I understand why the Lincoln and Omaha teams don't destroy them. They don't get the ball!

(Disclaimer: I do like Beatrice and their basketball team, and I think Weeks is a good coach. They destroyed us when I was in high school by like 50 points.)

Class should not be a determining factor and I don't think it has been when offering Neb kids. We have signed Class B kids recently and I don't see that changing. Anyone know the exact breakdown of NU kids we've signed broken down by class?

I know people say speed alone is overrated and in some cases it's true when it comes to football. My question is, can this kid tackle in open space? In other words, with his speed we might benefit from using him on special teams, assuming he can tackle?

Last year Anthony Blue was the first player down the field on special teams because of his speed. Perhaps Davie could be that next guy? At the very least he'd be getting some playing time which in turn might help him see a role in the future as a DB if he's able to learn the system?

I don't see him getting an offer before camp, he'll have to show the staff what he can do. Ya they planned the same for Sterup but Sterup's recruitment was really blowing-up. Sterup doesn't seem in any hurry to commit, if they don't like what they see they'll back-off. I think Davie has a solid shot at getting an offer though. We don't seem to be in with any top wr-targets and Davie does seem like a Div1 athlete.