SIGNED ATH Daniel Davie

I heard he recently ran a 4.19 forty.

Hmmm...might be a stretch, but possible.

The Fastest Players in the NFL include the following.

Devin Hester (4.24 @ Miami Pro Day, 4.45 @ 2006 NFL Combine, 100 speed in Madden 08)

Reggie Bush (4.33 @ University of USC at Pro Day 2006)

Ike Taylor (4.18 @ University of Louisiana at Lafayette Pro Day)

Laveranues Coles (4.16 @ Florida State University, 4.29 @ Jets Media Guide)

Ahman Green (4.19 @ Pre-Draft Workout in Nebraska)

Michael Puckett (4.19 @ Pre-Draft Workout at CCCC)

Zach Rehmert (4.20 @ Pre- Draft workout at Collin College)

Kevin Curtis (4.21 @ Utah State Pro Day)

Donte Stallworth (4.22 @ 2003 Tennessee Pro Day)

Willie Parker (4.23 @ 2004 North Carolina Pro Day)

Randy Moss (4.25 @ Marshall University)

Fabian Washington (4.29 @ 2005 NFL Combine)

Champ Bailey (4.28 @ 1999 NFL Combine)

Jerome Mathis (4.28 @ 2005 NFL Combine)

Willis McGahee (4.28 @ Miami Pre-Injury)

Michael Bennett (4.17 @ Wisconsin Pro Day, 4.37 @ 2001 NFL Combine)

Chris Johnson draft time 4.24.. lol

Jacoby Ford (WR) had the best time at this years combine. 4.28 Watching him run that was amazing.

He was faster than Javid Best (4.35) and CJ Spiller (4.37).

• 2 months later...

Davie is getting that vibe that he'll be playing Wide Reciever since he's been visiting with Gilmore more than anybody else on the staff.

Since he's listed as an athlete Davie has been considered playing wide reciever or defensive back when he plays ball for Nebraska.

Ive heard from a lot of people close to the Beatrice football program that in their opionions Nebraska is taking a chance with Davie. They say he is fast but doesnt have very good instincts on the field and may be alittle soft. Im all for getting the best in state talent but i think nebraska jumped on the bandwagon a little to quick on this kid. Just because he goes out and run a 4.2 forty and Kansas offers him doesnt mean we need to offer. What in state kid isnt going to walk on if he has a spot just saying. maybe a wasted scholly

Ive heard from a lot of people close to the Beatrice football program that in their opionions Nebraska is taking a chance with Davie. They say he is fast but doesnt have very good instincts on the field and may be alittle soft. Im all for getting the best in state talent but i think nebraska jumped on the bandwagon a little to quick on this kid. Just because he goes out and run a 4.2 forty and Kansas offers him doesnt mean we need to offer. What in state kid isnt going to walk on if he has a spot just saying. maybe a wasted scholly

Strongly disagree. Bo Pelini will not jump on some bandwagon with people in the state. I have spoken with people close to Davie as well. This year is his second year playing football. He is a great athlete that could become a great football player with some coaching. I would bet you that he ends up playing safety. I know what others have said, but Bo is willing to give any good athlete a chance in the secondary, hence Ayron B.

i totally agree with giving good athletes a chance. but why waste a scholarship on a player that hasnt proved himself at the class B level, when he probably comes to nebraska if we ask him to walk on and give him a shot to compete and earn a scholarship.

1) The kid is originally from Detroit. I don't know if he would share the same allegiance to NU as some other in state kids have. With that said if KU offered him a scholly and we did not he may not want to go pay for school at NU when he can go for free at KU.

2) With the above said if we want him we are going to have to offer him.

3) There is a reason that Bo Pelini offered him a scholarhip. Bo would not have done it if he did not think this kid could help us.

4) If Daniel played in an equivilant division in Texas would you be questioning the offer?

no i wouldnt have questioned the offer if he had played in texas because class 6A through 2A in Texas would beat the living crap out of any team in Nebraska. There is a reason nebraska doesnt produce many d1 recruits its because Nebraska high school football is brutal. That being said I trust in Bo but the kid should be dominating class B football if he is such a good athlete thats all im saying where is the production is what im wondering. But im sure Bo saw something in him and thats good enough for me. GBR.

i totally agree with giving good athletes a chance. but why waste a scholarship on a player that hasnt proved himself at the class B level, when he probably comes to nebraska if we ask him to walk on and give him a shot to compete and earn a scholarship.

No way would he walk-on, he'd probably agree to greyshirt but that is it.

Seems unfair that a kid would be judged based on the size of the school he plays at. The Rant's comments don't seem to take into consideration the fact that Davie doesn't get the ball half as many times as senior backs from Beatrice in the past. Read the stats. He seems to get-r-done when he gets it. Also, Beatrice Football fans/followers are EXTREMELY bias towards kids that grew up in Beatrice and came up through their programs. The only way Daniel gets the call from NU is because of his camp performance and his 40 times.

Crick is a good player but not having suh by his side has made a huge impact on his game. Not sayin he is overrated but not the player he was a year ago great players find ways to get it done and thus far this year Crick isnt getting it done. Ok your statement says it all he doesnt get the ball as much as the senior back in the past at Beatrice. Hmmmmm that makes me wonder because if i had a kid that run a sub 4.4 i would find ways to get him the ball which makes me wonder about his playmaking ability. He is two steps faster than the fastest kids he is playin against and isnt putting up numbers. Those two steps at the college level become non existent and players that dont have play making ability to rely on get lost in a college program. Herd hes got bricks for hands as well.