SIGNED ATH Daniel Davie

Crick is a good player but not having suh by his side has made a huge impact on his game. Not sayin he is overrated but not the player he was a year ago great players find ways to get it done and thus far this year Crick isnt getting it done. Ok your statement says it all he doesnt get the ball as much as the senior back in the past at Beatrice. Hmmmmm that makes me wonder because if i had a kid that run a sub 4.4 i would find ways to get him the ball which makes me wonder about his playmaking ability. He is two steps faster than the fastest kids he is playin against and isnt putting up numbers. Those two steps at the college level become non existent and players that dont have play making ability to rely on get lost in a college program. Herd hes got bricks for hands as well.

I realize stats don't tell the whole story, but for the sake of perspective Crick is producing about the same this year as he was last year, statistically speaking.

2009 (1st 7 games)

36 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, 8 quarterback hurries

2010 (1st 7 games)

31 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, 5 quarterback hurries

Crick is a good player but not having suh by his side has made a huge impact on his game. Not sayin he is overrated but not the player he was a year ago great players find ways to get it done and thus far this year Crick isnt getting it done. Ok your statement says it all he doesnt get the ball as much as the senior back in the past at Beatrice. Hmmmmm that makes me wonder because if i had a kid that run a sub 4.4 i would find ways to get him the ball which makes me wonder about his playmaking ability. He is two steps faster than the fastest kids he is playin against and isnt putting up numbers. Those two steps at the college level become non existent and players that dont have play making ability to rely on get lost in a college program. Herd hes got bricks for hands as well.

I realize stats don't tell the whole story, but for the sake of perspective Crick is producing about the same this year as he was last year, statistically speaking.

2009 (1st 7 games)

2010 (1st 7 games)

haha, BOOM!

i totally agree with giving good athletes a chance. but why waste a scholarship on a player that hasnt proved himself at the class B level, when he probably comes to nebraska if we ask him to walk on and give him a shot to compete and earn a scholarship.

Coaches can work wonders with that kind of speed. Had anyone here heard of Quizz Rodgers 4 years ago? How about Taylor Martinez?

Also, my point about Crick was mostly to illustrate the fact that you can't judge a kid solely on the level of competition he's played in high school. Crick competed with lesser competition in high school than Davie currently is, and yet has developed into a good enough player to become a starter for us, making him obviously worth the scholarship.

The coaches obviously see the raw physical gifts in Davie and the potential for him to develop into a contributor for us in the future enough to offer him a scholarship and that's good enough for me. If they can develop Crick into a starter, then I have faith that they can identify talent no matter the competition level and make their talent worth the scholarship offer they have extended.

2009 (1st 7 games)

2010 (1st 7 games)

haha, BOOM!

So Bo and his coaching staff obviously don't know half as much about the game as you. They only scout kids from all over the country. I'm sure they make a habit of offering charity scholarships to every other in-state kid in Nebraska. Not!! Obviously they see something that you don't.

Again, Bo and his coaching staff obviously don't know half as much about the game as you. They only scout kids from all over the country. I'm sure they make a habit of offering charity scholarships to every other in-state kid in Nebraska. Not!! Obviously they see something that you don't. Just another Hater with a voice-box.

Big Fella your probably from a small town in Nebraska and have rooted for the underdog all your life. You probably live a undisciplined life and dont see things in the right perspective because your blinded by the small town effect you currently live in. I herd the talentless nebraska football playoffs start soon so im sure your all over the message blogs about that and will probably be attenting crete or something watching your son so have fun. All im sayin is if you play in nebraska and are offered a scholarship and aren't producing against inferior opponents it doesnt reflect our recruiting efforts across the country too well.

Big Fella your probably from a small town in Nebraska and have rooted for the underdog all your life. You probably live a undisciplined life and dont see things in the right perspective because your blinded by the small town effect you currently live in. I herd the talentless nebraska football playoffs start soon so im sure your all over the message blogs about that and will probably be attenting crete or something watching your son so have fun. All im sayin is if you play in nebraska and are offered a scholarship and aren't producing against inferior opponents it doesnt reflect our recruiting efforts across the country too well.

Are you a Husker fan?

i grew up there but since moved to the south where i have since realized the magnitude of high school football down here and it is really something to see. i was a two time all state football player in nebraska and the talent that i played against doesnt sniff the athletes in the south.

Let's be sure we're keeping ALL of our comments focused on football, or the athlete, and not aiming them at this or that poster, OK?

We do not allow conversations to get personal - it's in The Rules - so please let's not make me get out the Mod hat and start Modding all over the place. Nobody wants that. I don't want that.

i grew up there but since moved to the south where i have since realized the magnitude of high school football down here and it is really something to see. i was a two time all state football player in nebraska and the talent that i played against doesnt sniff the athletes in the south.

Only a two timer??? Everyone else on this board is a three timer.

Only a two timer??? Everyone else on this board is a three timer.

I played on the c squad my freshman year...

Actually, I'm not from Nebraska. But that's not the point. I'm amazed at how you guys root against your own. I'm a Husker fan from out of state and all the recruiting gurus give kudos to Davie. Your energy is probably why our Huskers are'nt performing at home. And BTW...I've never been to Crete.