DE Anthony Chickillo

Nexus

Miami's firing of coach Randy Shannon left many members of the top-25 recruiting class Shannon was building surprised and uncertain of their future. While the Hurricanes have a small class working -- they have just seven commits, including three ESPNU 150 players -- and are expected to sign maybe 14 or so players this year, many of the prospects are now keeping their options open.

"Not only did I have a great relationship with Coach Shannon but I had a great relationship with the entire coaching staff. It's been three years," said ESPNU 150 DE Anthony Chickillo. "Now this happened. The relationships I built with them, to me, were the biggest thing for me and why I committed to Miami. Now I have to establish a new relationship with new staff over two months. That's tough to do.

"I will wait and see who they hire. I can tell you this recruiting will pick up and I will take my visits and see what's the best place for me. I don't know how to word it. My recruiting has opened up. I would still say I am a soft commitment to Miami."

Chickillo, an Under Armour All-American from Tampa (Fla.) Alonso High School, said he woke up this morning to more than "50 missed calls" on his cell phone. Many were from coaches just itching to get Chickillo on campus for a visit.

"I did speak with Coach [urban] Meyer this morning and I will take a visit to Florida for sure," said Chickillo, who recorded 18 sacks and 140 tackles this season. "I am also thinking about Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, USF, Tennessee and some other teams. At this point I am willing to listen to anyone that wants me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5859694

Miami's firing of coach Randy Shannon left many members of the top-25 recruiting class Shannon was building surprised and uncertain of their future. While the Hurricanes have a small class working -- they have just seven commits, including three ESPNU 150 players -- and are expected to sign maybe 14 or so players this year, many of the prospects are now keeping their options open.

"Not only did I have a great relationship with Coach Shannon but I had a great relationship with the entire coaching staff. It's been three years," said ESPNU 150 DE Anthony Chickillo. "Now this happened. The relationships I built with them, to me, were the biggest thing for me and why I committed to Miami. Now I have to establish a new relationship with new staff over two months. That's tough to do.

"I will wait and see who they hire. I can tell you this recruiting will pick up and I will take my visits and see what's the best place for me. I don't know how to word it. My recruiting has opened up. I would still say I am a soft commitment to Miami."

Chickillo, an Under Armour All-American from Tampa (Fla.) Alonso High School, said he woke up this morning to more than "50 missed calls" on his cell phone. Many were from coaches just itching to get Chickillo on campus for a visit.

"I did speak with Coach [urban] Meyer this morning and I will take a visit to Florida for sure," said Chickillo, who recorded 18 sacks and 140 tackles this season. "I am also thinking about Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, USF, Tennessee and some other teams. At this point I am willing to listen to anyone that wants me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5859694

it would be nice but i still dont think we land him.......