SIGNED DT Todd Peat

• 3 weeks later...

Brothers Todd and Andrus Peat of Tempe Corona del Sol both received football scholarship offers today from Washington. Andrus, 6-foot-6, 270 pounds, an offensive tackle, is a sophomore and will have plenty of time to decide where he wants to go.

Todd Peat, a 6-3, 295-pound junior defensive tackle, said earlier in the day that Stanford is the front-runner, followed by Arizona State and Nebraska. He's got offers from all of those schools.

But he's not in a rush to commit.

"The big thing for me this season is seeing how these teams end up at the end of the season, especially Stanford and ASU," Peat said. "I also want to see what other recruits commit, because I want to play with other good players."

Another big thing for Peat is staying healthy. He played only five games last season because of a medial collateral ligament injury and a stress fracture. He said he's 100 percent healthy now.

LINK

Brothers Todd and Andrus Peat of Tempe Corona del Sol both received football scholarship offers today from Washington. Andrus, 6-foot-6, 270 pounds, an offensive tackle, is a sophomore and will have plenty of time to decide where he wants to go.

Todd Peat, a 6-3, 295-pound junior defensive tackle, said earlier in the day that Stanford is the front-runner, followed by Arizona State and Nebraska. He's got offers from all of those schools.

"The big thing for me this season is seeing how these teams end up at the end of the season, especially Stanford and ASU," Peat said. "I also want to see what other recruits commit, because I want to play with other good players."

Another big thing for Peat is staying healthy. He played only five games last season because of a medial collateral ligament injury and a stress fracture. He said he's 100 percent healthy now.

LINK

If he wants to wait until the end of the season he may miss his chance with us. We could get Norton, Williams, and Quincy Russell.

LINK

If he wants to wait until the end of the season he may miss his chance with us. We could get Norton, Williams, and Quincy Russell.

Yeah, there is no way he'll be able to wait until after the year and still come on board. I wouldn't expect us to take more than 2 DTs and Williams sounds like he is basically committed (pending a disastrous visit for the spring game).

I do really like his brother though.....Todd has been quoted saying they want to play together in college so maybe Bo will still go after them.

LINK

Yeah, there is no way he'll be able to wait until after the year and still come on board. I wouldn't expect us to take more than 2 DTs and Williams sounds like he is basically committed (pending a disastrous visit for the spring game).

I do really like his brother though.....Todd has been quoted saying they want to play together in college so maybe Bo will still go after them.

Green brothers number 2? I know we wanted Andrew Green because of Andrew Green and Aaron is just a bonus (if he decides to play with his brother like he wants to), but this looks to be the same situation. We want Todd Peat because of his own ability, but his brother would be a great bonus.

LINK

Stanford??? His favorite??? :wtf

Can't blame him. If he's not thinking NFL, a Stanford degree will open doors that a Nebraska degree will not. Also, from an enjoyment of college life perspective . . . Stanford blows Nebraska out of the water. SoCal weather, women, and beaches . . . or Nebraska. Easy choice.

That said, if he's looking from a purely football standpoint, he'd do best by himself to come to Nebraska.

Can't blame him. If he's not thinking NFL, a Stanford degree will open doors that a Nebraska degree will not. Also, from an enjoyment of college life perspective . . . Stanford blows Nebraska out of the water. SoCal weather, women, and beaches . . . or Nebraska. Easy choice.

That said, if he's looking from a purely football standpoint, he'd do best by himself to come to Nebraska.

2 points to make on your point -

1) a Stanford undergrad degree isn't really the biggest thing in the world. Sure it looks good but the real reason Stanford is a good school is the grad program.

2) Standford is not like college at all. First it's near the bay area, not SoCal. Second, there is nothing to do at night and on the weekends for these kids. Going to Standford is not a "college experience" at all.

Just saying your facts are a little off....

2 points to make on your point -

1) a Stanford undergrad degree isn't really the biggest thing in the world. Sure it looks good but the real reason Stanford is a good school is the grad program.

2) Standford is not like college at all. First it's near the bay area, not SoCal. Second, there is nothing to do at night and on the weekends for these kids. Going to Standford is not a "college experience" at all.

Just saying your facts are a little off....

Oops. I need to pay more attention when I'm posting. Swap in NorCal for SoCal. The point stands.