SIGNED DT Todd Peat

Not to be a Debbie downer, but this kid wants to play early... Carl Pelini was just quoted as saying he is excited about the young depth they have on the defensive line at Nebraska and that "Chase Rome was ready to play this year but we just have too much talent and depth to justify burning his redshirt." I think this kid will be impressed by our atmosphere, facilities, academics, etc. but I think he will see the amount of talent we have and shy away.

It looks to me like he is a definite Stanford lean. He's going to visit us and Bama because he loves our defenses and wants to experience a Big time program, but when it all comes down to where he goes I think it's Stanford. He says they have the whole package... great weather, great academics, a good football team on the rise, great relationships with the coaches, one of the top recruiting classes, and they've promised him he can play early there... etc.

Love the fact that Nu is sounding like it will get Peat in during a game. Nothing can compare. And I am sure with it being Senior Day, the last time we play the Puffs, and the last Big Xii conference home game ever, the place will be a little more hopping and the party will be large.

I would love to get Todd, and would take him over M Johnson. Also it wouldn't hurt one bit getting a foot in the door with "little" bro Andrus who supposedly will be a beast and one of the best OL prospects out there next year.

I too would take Todd over Mickey. Now, given, yeah a lot of that has to do with making inroads to Andrus' recruitment next year... a perk Mickey cannot offer. But it has more to do with the fact that we need some studly line recruits this year to join Kevin Williams (THANK GOODNESS we have him... seriously). Todd's an outstanding player in his own right, and is in my mind an equal or superior recruit to Mickey Johnson. That opinion was formulated totally on the hoof-- just based on what little I know about them by following their profiles here at HB. I haven't broken down any film or anything... I should though.

Also, though, the fact that Mickey is such a prima donna really grinds my gears. This is another major reason I'd take Peat over Johnson... seems just like a less self-centered kid who isn't all Me-Me-Me, soaking up the spotlight. I find it's funny that most of those Me-Me-Me kids during their high school recruitment flame out-- only fitting. And if Mickey Johnson reads HB: Good. Selfishness, egoism, and putting yourself before the team is not what NU football is all about. Go play for Slick Rick or Lane "My Middle Name Should Legally Be Douchebag" Kiffin.

Not to be a Debbie downer, but this kid wants to play early... Carl Pelini was just quoted as saying he is excited about the young depth they have on the defensive line at Nebraska and that "Chase Rome was ready to play this year but we just have too much talent and depth to justify burning his redshirt." I think this kid will be impressed by our atmosphere, facilities, academics, etc. but I think he will see the amount of talent we have and shy away.

It looks to me like he is a definite Stanford lean. He's going to visit us and Bama because he loves our defenses and wants to experience a Big time program, but when it all comes down to where he goes I think it's Stanford. He says they have the whole package... great weather, great academics, a good football team on the rise, great relationships with the coaches, one of the top recruiting classes, and they've promised him he can play early there... etc.

A couple things to point out. He says Stanford is no longer his leader but they are still in it. NU, Stanford, ASU, Miami, Wake Forest and Oregon State are the ones on the radar. No mention of Alabama at all. He says he is going to visit NU, Oregon State, Miami....still unsure of his final 2.

A couple things to point out. He says Stanford is no longer his leader but they are still in it. NU, Stanford, ASU, Miami, Wake Forest and Oregon State are the ones on the radar. No mention of Alabama at all. He says he is going to visit NU, Oregon State, Miami....still unsure of his final 2.

Atleast hes coming for a visit, if we can blow him away he could fill a huge position of need.

Double, but I felt compelled to respond to your post.

We can always hope Todd is one of those kids who is just blown away by our gameday atmosphere and immediately vaults NU into the lead. I'd love that. Also, I don't see defensive line depth being an issue for him. He'd come in with Crick (he'll be back; he's done nothing this year to improve his draft stock) and T Mo as Seniors, and Baker, Thad, and Rome ahead of him as RS Jr, Soph, and Frosh, respectively. If he's as good as we think he is, I see no reason Todd couldn't come in an challenge right away his RS Frosh year. That is, if he's willing to take that RS year to mature and learn the ropes. It all hinges on whether he really wants to be N. Who knows, maybe he pushes for PT next year and is further along than Rome was this year? Not likely, but not impossible either.

Plus, I love the fact he's a Stanford recruit. Says worlds for any kid's intelligence level.

s

We can always hope Todd is one of those kids who is just blown away by our gameday atmosphere and immediately vaults NU into the lead. I'd love that. Also, I don't see defensive line depth being an issue for him. He'd come in with Crick (he'll be back; he's done nothing this year to improve his draft stock) and T Mo as Seniors, and Baker, Thad, and Rome ahead of him as RS Jr, Soph, and Frosh, respectively. If he's as good as we think he is, I see no reason Todd couldn't come in an challenge right away his RS Frosh year. That is, if he's willing to take that RS year to mature and learn the ropes. It all hinges on whether he really wants to be N. Who knows, maybe he pushes for PT next year and is further along than Rome was this year? Not likely, but not impossible either.

Plus, I love the fact he's a Stanford recruit. Says worlds for any kid's intelligence level.

s

To add, he if he hasnt seen one our games this year he wil notice we really do need some bigger bodies in the middle to occupy some blockers/stuff the run. Todd looks like a player that could step in and do that for us early. As dudeguyy said he will need to RS to bulk up a litle more, and learn the DL schematics.

s

To add, he if he hasnt seen one our games this year he wil notice we really do need some bigger bodies in the middle to occupy some blockers/stuff the run. Todd looks like a player that could step in and do that for us early. As dudeguyy said he will need to RS to bulk up a litle more, and learn the DL schematics.

I hope you guys are right!! I know Christian Heyward is an NU lean. If we get Heyward who is a 4* and Peat who is a 4*, then we could be looking at a STELLER D-Line for the future of the program.

s

I hope you guys are right!! I know Christian Heyward is an NU lean. If we get Heyward who is a 4* and Peat who is a 4*, then we could be looking at a STELLER D-Line for the future of the program.

Watch what you state as fact. The reason you "know" Heyward is a NU lean is some random recruiting article from Oregon (if I remember correctly) said he thinks he is an UCLA and NU lean. The same guy in that article also says he hasn't talked to Heyward in a long time. Far from reliable if you ask me.

We need a D-line that can make a push and not just get pushed around. Where are the ends? I can not think of how many time Allen pinched down and the QB went to the outside (containment). I like Cam but I am not impressed. I want to see David Ankrod(sp). The only play I think he was in he had pressure on the QB. Pressure from the outside is the key.

We need a D-line that can make a push and not just get pushed around. Where are the ends? I can not think of how many time Allen pinched down and the QB went to the outside (containment). I like Cam but I am not impressed. I want to see David Ankrod(sp). The only play I think he was in he had pressure on the QB. Pressure from the outside is the key.

Jason Ankrah ;)

DAN Aykroyd was in the movie ghostbusters.

s

If we got Heyward and Peat, not only would are D-line be steller but so would the rest of our defense...can you imagine with the secondary we already have!

Well if we somehow got all three of those dudes N, which is somewhat of a pipe dream (COULD STILL HAPPEN :) ), we'd have the best DT recruiting class in the nation bar none. At least as far as stars and potential goes. We all know stars don't equal success, but I'm sure we'd all take two 4 stars and a VASTLY underrated 3 star for Bo to work on the next 4-5 years. Williams will definitely move up in ranking on both sites, but I'm unsure he'll get a 4th star, since he's currently ranked in the bottom half of the 30's for DT in the nation.

Anyway, case in point, pulling out all three = huge recruiting win. Then we just have to get our butts in gear at DE.