SIGNED DT Todd Peat

Is there truth to the stuff about Peat seeing a Nebraska license plate on the car in front of him and thinking it was a sign from God, changing his mind then and there to be 100% Husker? Edit, found the post from the ASU thread:

Huskerillustrated's write up on Peat and why he chose Nebraska.

"I went to talk to my girlfriend about the whole thing and asked her if she was alright with me leaving. Having that conversation with my girlfriend, she told me she was all right with me leaving but I felt that she wasn't.

"I left Mountain Pointe [High School] thinking I'm going to go to ASU. I'm driving down the street and I pull up to the stoplight. I'm totally spacing out, not paying attention to anything. Something catches my eye, and it's the license plate of the car in front of me. It's a Nebraska license plate. I've never seen a Nebraska license plate in Arizona in my life. I'm just like, 'This is a sign, and I've got to go to Nebraska.' After a lot of praying about it, and asking God to send me a sign, that's what happened. I decided that's 100 percent where I need to be."

ASU Scout thread about Peat:

Thread

Meltdown, big time. Pages 6 and 7 are just hilarious.

unless they took out a lot of messages that's seriously below par, i suggest visting goemaw after a football loss or during this basketball season, or go to tigerboard. they have great meltdowns.

ASU Scout thread about Peat:

Thread

Meltdown, big time. Pages 6 and 7 are just hilarious.

:lol: Their whole football board is collapsing over there. Some are calling it their worst "NLI day EVER"

As it should be. How many of the top recruits in Arizona went elsewhere? Pretty much ALL of them. It reminds me of sCUm last year failing to sign any of the top 15 recruits out of Colorado last year.

It sounds like Bo made up some SERIOUS ground in the last week or so.

Big kudos to our head coach for atoning for the recruiting drop-off late in the year, and making up for it in a big way, literally, with Todd Peat.

Class is still smaller than ideal, but Peat is a great surprise. If only he were #22 instead of #19. But with nabbing Peat and holding on to CJ and Ameer, this class finishes solid with a cherry on top, when at one point it looked like potential disaster.

Is there truth to the stuff about Peat seeing a Nebraska license plate on the car in front of him and thinking it was a sign from God, changing his mind then and there to be 100% Husker? Edit, found the post from the ASU thread:

"I went to talk to my girlfriend about the whole thing and asked her if she was alright with me leaving. Having that conversation with my girlfriend, she told me she was all right with me leaving but I felt that she wasn't.

"I left Mountain Pointe [High School] thinking I'm going to go to ASU. I'm driving down the street and I pull up to the stoplight. I'm totally spacing out, not paying attention to anything. Something catches my eye, and it's the license plate of the car in front of me. It's a Nebraska license plate. I've never seen a Nebraska license plate in Arizona in my life. I'm just like, 'This is a sign, and I've got to go to Nebraska.' After a lot of praying about it, and asking God to send me a sign, that's what happened. I decided that's 100 percent where I need to be."

And thank God for snowbirds!!!

And thank God for snowbirds!!!

I can't believe he said he's never seen a Nebraska license plate in Arizona before!? I went down there a few years back for a 3 month rotation and I saw tons of Nebraska plates including mine. Hell, I know over 10 couples just from my small area that go to Arizona for the winter. That just blows my mind.

The only thing I can think of is he didn't notice the old plates because had colors similar to arizona, but he probably saw one of the new hideous plates with yet another bird on them and that probably did it. So, thank you Nebraska for making the new ugly ass looking plates!!!

1:57 p.m. -- License plate steers DT Peat to Nebraska: Todd Peat Jr., a defensive tackle from Corona Del Sol High School in Tempe, Ariz., chose Nebraska over Arizona State this morning. His official announcement will come later today at his elementary school.

"I was down to ASU and Nebraska," Peat told 247Sports. "I was pretty much going to choose ASU, but was driving home last night and saw a Nebraska license plate, something I'd never seen before and took it as a sign that I should become a Cornhusker." LINK

This license plate thing is WILD. When Peat becomes the next great Blackshirt DT we're gonna look back and count our lucky stars that some Nebraska snowbird was driving around down in Tempe on NSD.