SIGNED DT Todd Peat

My favorite part of his interview is when he said that NU and their staff would be able to transform him into a great player and person. Things that a lot of us on the board cited as reasons he should choose NU over the closeness to home that was ASU. I love it.

It's easy being a fan and observer though. The stress and pressure of recruiting on these kids, particularly the ones who choose to drag it out until NSD is a whole other animal. Thankfully Peat was classy about it the whole way through by all accounts. I'm not really one to throw kids under the bus for choosing against Nebraska though. So long as they remain professional throughout the process then it's all good.

BTW, loved that he threw the bones at the very end of the broadcast.

Also forgot to mention that I thought he handled the Suh question quite well. He basically said he's going to be Todd Peat, not Suh, and hopes to be better than Suh when it's all said and done. It's a lofty goal, but gosh darn it I hope he reaches it. I certainly won't be mad at him for trying. ;)

This kid is very well spoken and his mannerism's sure remind of another great DT that played here at Nebraska. wink.gif Not to mention he has a killer 3 technique! headbank.gif

I started listening his commitment video with the video minimized and I swear I thought it was Suh at first. Their voices are eerily similar

This kid is very well spoken and his mannerism's sure remind of another great DT that played here at Nebraska. wink.gif Not to mention he has a killer 3 technique! headbank.gif

I started listening his commitment video with the video minimized and I swear I thought it was Suh at first. Their voices are eerily similar

Have you seen the guy's recruiting film? He is an absolute beast! Very quick for a big guy....

• 7 months later...