SIGNED DT Todd Peat

Stanford??? His favorite??? :wtf

Can't blame him. If he's not thinking NFL, a Stanford degree will open doors that a Nebraska degree will not. Also, from an enjoyment of college life perspective . . . Stanford blows Nebraska out of the water. SoCal weather, women, and beaches . . . or Nebraska. Easy choice.

That said, if he's looking from a purely football standpoint, he'd do best by himself to come to Nebraska.

2 points to make on your point -

1) a Stanford undergrad degree isn't really the biggest thing in the world. Sure it looks good but the real reason Stanford is a good school is the grad program.

2) Standford is not like college at all. First it's near the bay area, not SoCal. Second, there is nothing to do at night and on the weekends for these kids. Going to Standford is not a "college experience" at all.

Just saying your facts are a little off....

dont want to agrue about stanford too much because i hate that school BUT i lived in palo alto, menlo park and atherton for a total of five years... i went to many stanford ragers... they get nuts like any other school... plus there is TONS of stuff to do.. the city aka san fran is always got stuff... through in the east bay, san jose or santa cruz, tahoe, yosemite or whever and there is tons of stuff to do... i dont think there isn't a night out where you cant go somewhere and score chicks party and hAVE one mayjah rayjah.....

but then again stanford sucks... did i ever tell you about the time i was soo drunk that i hit on chelsey clinton..........

:facepalm::LOLtartar:facepalm::LOLtartar:facepalm::LOLtartar

Can't blame him. If he's not thinking NFL, a Stanford degree will open doors that a Nebraska degree will not. Also, from an enjoyment of college life perspective . . . Stanford blows Nebraska out of the water. SoCal weather, women, and beaches . . . or Nebraska. Easy choice.

That said, if he's looking from a purely football standpoint, he'd do best by himself to come to Nebraska.

1) a Stanford undergrad degree isn't really the biggest thing in the world. Sure it looks good but the real reason Stanford is a good school is the grad program.

2) Standford is not like college at all. First it's near the bay area, not SoCal. Second, there is nothing to do at night and on the weekends for these kids. Going to Standford is not a "college experience" at all.

dont want to agrue about stanford too much because i hate that school BUT i lived in palo alto, menlo park and atherton for a total of five years... i went to many stanford ragers... they get nuts like any other school... plus there is TONS of stuff to do.. the city aka san fran is always got stuff... through in the east bay, san jose or santa cruz, tahoe, yosemite or whever and there is tons of stuff to do... i dont think there isn't a night out where you cant go somewhere and score chicks party and hAVE one mayjah rayjah.....

but then again stanford sucks... did i ever tell you about the time i was soo drunk that i hit on chelsey clinton..........

:laughpound :laughpound Now that is a story worth telling.....

I'm not really going to debate the stuff you can do in and around palo alto....all my knowledge of the area comes from my roommate who went to grad school at stanford.....all he says is that he is so happy he made the choice to attend a more typical college for undergrad over a place like palo alto.

Look Todd Peat is great and all, but I think we can afford a 2 second timeout and hear this story in full! Do it to it Irie, your fans are waiting. :snacks:

Look Todd Peat is great and all, but I think we can afford a 2 second timeout and hear this story in full! Do it to it Irie, your fans are waiting. :snacks:

okay so i was at this stanford party (with lots of people everywhere)and i was super super drunk (obviously) so i'm macking on all snobby stanford chicks and obviously making a fool of myself.. next thing you know i see this chick with a mess of blonde/brown hair dangerously close to dreadlock mufasa level from the lion king... i thought f#*k it i'm going it..... turns of the chick was none other than CC looking all ragged... only slightly better looking than the guy who crashed into the toxic waste barrel in robocop....... so im asking her what her story is and how she has been.... totally not acknowledging i know who she is... i think this pissed her off.. but she liked it too..... dirty dirty girl.. i remember her breath smelled like old beer and putrid liberalism.....

so eventually her friends pry her away from my prawn like grasps and they bail... i didn't know where to take a bath in bleach or just shoot myself.... well a few hours later me and my friends roll out to the grocery store and i'm in line and NO sh#t in front of me is Chelsey again!!! what are the odds!!! or curse!?? so i swoop in like a stanford kid at some bullshiet protest rally.... i was still super ripped and started asking if she remembered me and the moment we shared together.. she kinda chuckled and said yes (Score!).... i dont know if it was the beer or acne but her face in the bright lights of safeway looked real red.... so fianlly we are conversating and i'm rolling with it (strictly to get to hillary of course) when these burly dudes wearing tight stanford sweatshirts with those earpiece things in... they ask me to come out of line.... Sectret service guys... damn the game was up.. they told me basiclly to stay away from her and stop bothering her or there would be trouble..... when i got back in line to get more beer chelesey was gone... i ran to the parking lot looking for my love and saw her getting into a friends car.. here is the clincher... i ran got into chick magnet ride aka my daiwo and in a last desperate attempt at wooing her in my drunkeness shouted 'chelsey i love you'... bitch looked startled then angry and then her and her diva friends all flipped me off and sped away.......

damn... i was drunk that night

• Fire 8

That is a crazy story irie. :laughpound :laughpound

From the sounds of it, honestly, you guys probably had a love connection going. Sounds like you may have gotten the chance to seal the deal but got cockblocked from her snobby friends and those secret service agents watching your every move. I hate when that happens.

How many Stanford Defensive Tackles get drafted to the NFL!?

There are ZERO current NFL Defensive Tackles from Stanford.

ZERO!!!

Here's a list of Stanford players in the NFL none of which are Defensive Tackles.

* Jon Alston - Oakland Raiders

* Oshiomogho Atogwe - St. Louis Rams

* Greg Camarillo - Miami Dolphins

* Kirk Chambers - Buffalo Bills

* Chris Draft - St. Louis Rams

* Trent Edwards - Buffalo Bills

* Eric Heitmann - San Francisco 49ers

* T.J. Rushing - Indianapolis Colts

* Alex Smith - Philadelphia Eagles

* Will Svitek - Kansas City Chiefs

* Leigh Torrence - New Orleans Saints

* Coy Wire - Atlanta Falcons

Peat still interested in the Huskers

Following the Spring Game Nebraska got a commitment from defensive tackle Kevin Williams. He was obviously not the only defensive tackle the Huskers were looking at, and he obviously won't be the last. Todd Peat is another DT Nebraska is looking at, but he couldn't make the trip. How did not making that trip and the commitment of Williams impact his feelings toward NU? We asked.

LINK

Todd Peat Jr. took an unoffical visit to USC for their spring game and came away impressed with USC's offense and two freshman Dillon Baxter and Kyle Prater instead of USC's defense. Todd Peat Jr. said that USC has great academics and has done real well in the NFL draft the past 3 NFL drafts.

Although he got to meet the coaches, this unoffical trip didn't sway Todd in either way.

Last month Peat sent USC his junior game film out to USC for evaluation but unfortunately the film never made it to Heritage Hall. When snail mail doesn't get the job done, hand delivery is the next option. Todd Peat Jr. hand delivered his game film to USC during his visit and said that they were suppose to evaluate his film a while ago but never did.

Even if USC does evaluate his game film they probably won't offer him a scholarship because they're telling Todd to come out to there Trojans Rising Star camp in June where 60% of their scholarships come after the camp. Sounds like their kind of slow playing Peat in my opinion.

Todd Peat Jr. took an unoffical visit to USC for their spring game and came away impressed with USC's offense and two freshman Dillon Baxter and Kyle Prater instead of USC's defense. Todd Peat Jr. said that USC has great academics and has done real well in the NFL draft the past 3 NFL drafts.

Although he got to meet the coaches, this unoffical trip didn't sway Todd in either way.

Last month Peat sent USC his junior game film out to USC for evaluation but unfortunately the film never made it to Heritage Hall. When snail mail doesn't get the job done, hand delivery is the next option. Todd Peat Jr. hand delivered his game film to USC during his visit and said that they were suppose to evaluate his film a while ago but never did.

Even if USC does evaluate his game film they probably won't offer him a scholarship because they're telling Todd to come out to there Trojans Rising Star camp in June where 60% of their scholarships come after the camp. Sounds like their kind of slow playing Peat in my opinion.

Hopefully that is a good thing for us then.