SIGNED DT Todd Peat

I wonder how many players are coming to see UNL or just the game and go home :dunno

i'm guessing we aren't bringing too many kids in for officials that we don't have significant relationships with. even if that were the case, who cares, it still gives us a fair shot at them. there won't be many places that match the experience they're going to have that weekend, between the atmosphere and the facilities.

• 1 month later...

From Husker Journal:

SEPTEMBER 17, 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

TODD PEAT JR, DT, 6-3, 300, 4.9, TEMPE (CORONA DEL SOL), ARIZONA

“I cut it to eight schools Stanford, Arizona State, Arizona, Nebraska, Alabama, Miami, Oregon State and Wake Forest.” Peat said

Stanford Maybe The Favorite

“You know they (Stanford) are just a big opportunity for me. I get to play early there I really like the coaching staff. It’s definitely a program on the rise. Stanford’s 2011 class is shaping up to be one of the best in the country.” Peat said

“I like the weather there (Palo Alto) it’s always nice Northern California is a real nice place. And Stanford has a pretty campus I like it a lt. I would say Stanford and Arizona State is recruiting me the hardest.” Peat said

ASU Childhood Favorite

“I grew up an Arizona State fan it’s a five minute drive from home. I have a lot of friends there now and I like the coaching staff.” Peat said

“Arizona is recruiting me very hard they have a good communications program which I want to major in. I like Coach Kish he’s my recruiter I get along with him well. He tells me how I can fit into their program.” Peat said

“I have a visit set up for Nebraska October 15. I like the program there, coaches, the tradition and they are really turning into a dominate team. Nebraska said I’m high on their board and I could be a great player there.” Peat said

Looking At Southern Schools

“I’ll probably make a trip to Alabama. I like Coach Nick Saban’s approach to the games. He’s a defensive guy that’s always a plus just a great program at Alabama with great tradition.” Peat said

“I like Miami it’s a great academic school which is a huge thing for me. I like the tradition there and it’s a program that will be very tough the next few years.” Peat said

“Miami coaches basically saying they are only taking one defensive tackle this year maybe two and I’m one who they offered. Miami is recruiting me as a 3 technique defensive tackle.” Peat said

Peat Impressed With Beavers

“Coach Mike Cavanaugh (Oregon State) is really a good guy he’s my recruiter. Coach Mike Riley has a huge amount of stability in the program which is always a plus.” Peat said

“Oregon State is always a tough program PAC 10 program with a lot of wins. I’m just so impressed by what they do is develop players they ever do get the big recruits.” Peat said

“Wake Forest is a great academic school there is a big opportunity to play early there. I’ve actually been to Wake Forest a year ago. I loved Wake Forest it was probably the prettiest campus I’ve ever seen. It’s a small school nice little school.” Peat said

“I’ll take all my five visits commit on the Army game if that’s how it works out but I don’t totally have to do it there.” Peat said

“I’m looking to play early looking for an academic school. Other than that I just want to get along with everyone.” Peat said

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the fact that Nu is sounding like it will get Peat in during a game. Nothing can compare. And I am sure with it being Senior Day, the last time we play the Puffs, and the last Big Xii conference home game ever, the place will be a little more hopping and the party will be large.

I would love to get Todd, and would take him over M Johnson. Also it wouldn't hurt one bit getting a foot in the door with "little" bro Andrus who supposedly will be a beast and one of the best OL prospects out there next year.