Player: Isiah Norton

Hometown: Dallas, TX

School: Kimball HS

Position: DT

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 290 lbs

40 time:

Visit Date:

Offers: Arizona St., Baylor, Houston, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Tennessee, Purdue, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Committed to Colorado State

Rivals: :star :star :star (#32)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#27)

ESPN: :star :star :star (#34)

New Scout article on him said that he was thrilled to get a Nebraska offer. Apparently he's played basketball in some Mr. Basketball event in Kearney, Nebraska awhile back. They also drove to Lincoln to visit the NU campus for fun and he said he fell in love with the school and the atmosphere. He prefers to be in a small town environment like Lincoln. He said once he received the Nebraska offer he called the coaches up and said he came close to giving a verbal over the phone. He said he "lightly verballed" to Nebraska and that he's not too far away from making his final decision. He basically said he doesn't see that changing, so it looks like he's ours to lose at this point.

He'll be participating in the Nike combine at TCU this summer. He's also a really good basketball player too. He has 3 scholarship offers to play basketball along with 9 offers in football.

Last but not least, he was suspended from playing football this year along with a handful of other kids on his team. Apparently a big brawl broke out during the 3rd football game of the season. He said he had compiled 36 tackles in 2.5 games up to that point. 7 of those tackles were in that 3rd game when he was suspended for the rest of the season. He'll be able to play his Senior year though.

:laughpound

Apparently Isiah Norton can kick field goals too. BTW, this really is him in the video.

LINK

HAHA that is classic. Looks like he has some respectable offers too. I am just confused though....the staff goes from recruiting 6'1" Jay Guy and Thad Randle to now recruiting a 6'5" Norton along with a 6'3" Kevin Williams. Aren't Randle and Guy "Bo" type DT's?

Apparently Isiah Norton can kick field goals too. BTW, this really is him in the video.

LINK

HAHA that is classic. Looks like he has some respectable offers too. I am just confused though....the staff goes from recruiting 6'1" Jay Guy and Thad Randle to now recruiting a 6'5" Norton along with a 6'3" Kevin Williams. Aren't Randle and Guy "Bo" type DT's?

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that Bo discriminates when it comes to heights on the d-line. While I realize that he didn't recruit Crick and Steinkuhler, he obviously has no problem playing them on the line and they're both 6'6".

LINK

while measurables can be nice for guidelines, i'm quite glad our staff doesn't insist kids fit a certain template to be considered. seems like our last staff was overly focused on "looking" like a big 12 team. i much prefer we recruit kids that can play, regardless of size.

From the pictures, this kid looks like he carries a lot of the wrong kind of weight. I wonder how fast he is and how much he lifts? His 290 doesn't look like Rome's 290 if ya know what I mean...

But he isnt quite built like Jay Guy though either.

Junior defensive tackle Isaiah Norton (Dallas/Kimball) continues to pile up the offers. Oklahoma State offered on Monday becoming the 10th program to extend an offer to the 6-foot-4, 285-pounder. The Cowboys join Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Baylor, Purdue, Tennessee, North Carolina, Houston and Kentucky in offering.

He plans to make an unofficial visit to Kentucky June 8, but Nebraska is considered the favorite to land the immensely-talented prospect.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=southwest_recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2fblog%3fname%3dsouthwest_recruiting

• Fire 1

Evaluation

By Brandon Cavanaugh

Speculation and rumor are part of what makes that long period between seasons fun, but some talk that appears to be spreading across Husker Nation is that a big time Texas Defensive Tackle may find himself amongst the Cornhusker commit list. Quoted as being a “light verbal” to Nebraska, Isiah Norton out of Dallas, Texas’ Kimball High School seems fairly enamored with the Big Red right now and why not? In the spirit of fairness, I thought I’d take a look at some early film of Norton to see just what the big fella brings to the table.

The first thing I thought when watching Norton’s film front to back was: “Suh”. Norton’s commitment and eventual work through the program should he become a Cornhusker will be the Pelini brothers’ attempt to clone Ndamkuong Suh. Norton is big (6’5” 290), he is fast and he doesn’t let a little thing like being held get in his way. Again, hear that somewhere before?

While Kimball High may not be in the Big XII, Norton does a fine Suh impression on its’ opposition’s offensive lines. His awareness is very keen for a junior. There’s an old adage that if you’re thinking during a play, you shouldn’t be playing. Norton is very read and react. This plays to his advantage almost too well. The big man shrugs through two men to get to the quarterback, jolts into open space at a running back like he was shot out of a cannon and does not stop on a play until the ball carrier is down and I mean DOWN, Jack.

Oh, I forgot to mention he does this thing fairly well. It’s called pass coverage. Adding even more hype to the Norton name (look at what site you’re on), this big man can not only track down a running back or sift through to get to a quarterback, but proves doubly efficient against passers as he reads eyes to an impressive level and goes for the pick.

So, let’s review:

1.) Massive beast man: Check

2.) Excellent speed: Check

3.) Makes plays despite being held: Check (and useful in the Big XII)

4.) Plays pass coverage and swats/attempts to pick

…yes, I think I would take this kid in a heartbeat, lock him in the weight room with Dobson for a year and unleash him on the poor offensive backfields of the Big XII. Hey kid, you like Nebraska? I think Nebraska’d love to have you. You remind us of someone we know.

http://www.hothuskers.com/huskerhype/initial-recruit-evaluation-isiah-norton/

Evaluation

By Brandon Cavanaugh

Speculation and rumor are part of what makes that long period between seasons fun, but some talk that appears to be spreading across Husker Nation is that a big time Texas Defensive Tackle may find himself amongst the Cornhusker commit list. Quoted as being a “light verbal” to Nebraska, Isiah Norton out of Dallas, Texas’ Kimball High School seems fairly enamored with the Big Red right now and why not? In the spirit of fairness, I thought I’d take a look at some early film of Norton to see just what the big fella brings to the table.

The first thing I thought when watching Norton’s film front to back was: “Suh”. Norton’s commitment and eventual work through the program should he become a Cornhusker will be the Pelini brothers’ attempt to clone Ndamkuong Suh. Norton is big (6’5” 290), he is fast and he doesn’t let a little thing like being held get in his way. Again, hear that somewhere before?

While Kimball High may not be in the Big XII, Norton does a fine Suh impression on its’ opposition’s offensive lines. His awareness is very keen for a junior. There’s an old adage that if you’re thinking during a play, you shouldn’t be playing. Norton is very read and react. This plays to his advantage almost too well. The big man shrugs through two men to get to the quarterback, jolts into open space at a running back like he was shot out of a cannon and does not stop on a play until the ball carrier is down and I mean DOWN, Jack.

Oh, I forgot to mention he does this thing fairly well. It’s called pass coverage. Adding even more hype to the Norton name (look at what site you’re on), this big man can not only track down a running back or sift through to get to a quarterback, but proves doubly efficient against passers as he reads eyes to an impressive level and goes for the pick.

So, let’s review:

1.) Massive beast man: Check

2.) Excellent speed: Check

3.) Makes plays despite being held: Check (and useful in the Big XII)

4.) Plays pass coverage and swats/attempts to pick

…yes, I think I would take this kid in a heartbeat, lock him in the weight room with Dobson for a year and unleash him on the poor offensive backfields of the Big XII. Hey kid, you like Nebraska? I think Nebraska’d love to have you. You remind us of someone we know.

http://www.hothuskers.com/huskerhype/initial-recruit-evaluation-isiah-norton/

Thanks for sharing that. That evaluation was awesome.