New Texas recruit banking on winning 4 BCS titles

Nexus

:facepalm:

There is confidence. And then there is Texas freshman-to-be Taylor Bible's confidence.

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound defensive lineman, who won't graduate high school until June, told the Dallas Morning News this week that the Longhorns would win the next four BCS titles and all four Red River Rivalry games against Oklahoma.

Bible might have a chance of making that prediction come true, because he said Texas coaches have told him he'll play right away as a freshman.

The Longhorns are seemingly positioned for annual BCS title contention with the way Mack Brown has that program humming. But Bible has some awfully big goals -- and some work to do to back up that big talk.

LINK

Sorry, but when I see proclamtions like this from a high school JUNIOR, I just shake my head and laugh. Here's to hoping someone on the Texas O-line makes its his personal mission to teach the young pup a lesson all through his first year of spring ball. What a tool.

He's a HS Senior, but yeah, I agree.

Whew (sigh of relief) I was afraid one of our recruits said this when I clicked on the thread (I thought new texas recruit meant new recruit from texas).

There's of course one problem to his prediction....even if they win the red river rivalry every year and blah blah...they'll still lose to us for 4 straight! :koolaid2:

We usually don't even see these proclamations from internet posters.

Even if you were to take this literally, there's no way in hell they win four straight. The most anybody has ever won is Yale, who won three straight twice. They have a quarterback who looked good in the title game but will still just be a young guy, which means he will make mistakes. They also don't have "that guy" at receiver now that Shipley is gone, so they'll have to find a new one.