Nebraska's Most Important Rivalries

Manhattan

Which of the following rivalries are most important?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

#1 Oklahoma.

#2 Missouri.

#3 Michigan.

It was kind of hard to pick a Big 10 rival. I guess to me, when i hear College football rivalry. I think of the two schools game history. I feel that if we had a rivalry with Iowa, it would only be territorial, not tradition. Looking at the rest of the Big 10, we have a lot of history with Notre Dame and Michigan. Michigan already has hot heads against us for sharing the National Championship. So that is why i picked Michigan.

• Fire 1

#1 Oklahoma.

#2 Missouri.

#3 Michigan.

It was kind of hard to pick a Big 10 rival. I guess to me, when i hear College football rivalry. I think of the two schools game history. I feel that if we had a rivalry with Iowa, it would only be territorial, not tradition. Looking at the rest of the Big 10, we have a lot of history with Notre Dame and Michigan. Michigan already has hot heads against us for sharing the National Championship. So that is why i picked Michigan.

Don't you think that the best rivalries of all time start off as territorial rivalries? Michigan and Ohio State, Auburn and Alabama, USC and UCLA, Texas and Oklahoma, etc...

I think that a decade after the year that Nebraska joins the Big Ten, if that happens at all, the rivalry with Iowa would be very passionate and fierce.

With the history that Alvarez has with Wisconsin along with his current role as AD, does anyone think that he would try to drum up a rivalry with the Badgers? It could be another "Will the Real Big Red Please Stand Up" kind of game. Moot point though...no way the Big 10 let's Nebraska in.

Quit sugar coating it guys...the Hawkeyes would be #1 on that list, no doubt. The years of pent up "ah, we dont really care about them...it doesnt matter, we hardly play them..." from both sides,the constant put downs, the fact that we're neighbors and a lot of people are back and forth across the border each day...C'MON, MAN!

Iowa would become the biggest rival no matter what simply because the first time they'd play in Lincoln every Omaha husker fan would be pissed off from having a car with Iowa plates speed up and pass them only to slow down the rest of the way to Lincoln.

• Fire 1

I voted:

Oklahoma - no explanation needed

Other - we don't have a rival right now with the death of the Oklahoma rivalry

Iowa - We have more interaction with their fans, so it's natural there'd be a rivalry

I find it interesting that the choices were listed the way they were. Alphabetical order would have been the most logical choice. It felt steered toward certain choices.

I went with:

1. Oklahoma

2. Texas (for Big XII dominance)

3. Iowa

oklahoma

missouri

iowa

interesting that we all said missour... leads you to believe that while we bash missouri a lot we have a lot of apprihension about where their football program is at right now... and we acknoledge that indeed the road to the big 12 title might feature texas but for nebraska to get there the first road they must travel though features missouri.....

Quit sugar coating it guys...the Hawkeyes would be #1 on that list, no doubt. The years of pent up "ah, we dont really care about them...it doesnt matter, we hardly play them..." from both sides,the constant put downs, the fact that we're neighbors and a lot of people are back and forth across the border each day...C'MON, MAN!

Iowa would become the biggest rival no matter what simply because the first time they'd play in Lincoln every Omaha husker fan would be pissed off from having a car with Iowa plates speed up and pass them only to slow down the rest of the way to Lincoln.

:zoom:rollin:LOLtartar

I've been convinced for years that Iowa drivers are by far the worst in the Midwest. They're moody, unpredictable, and generally have no regard for human life outside their vehicles. :ahhhhhhhh

In spite of all that, I did not vote Iowa as our most important (possible Big Ten) rival. They would be a rival no doubt, but the season wouldn't hinge on that game by any means. Instead, I think Notre Dame would be the make-or-break game every season. We already have history with them & I think what's happened in past games would only fuel the fire between NU & ND to the point that the winner would be on the fast-track to not only the conference title, but the national title.