OG Cyrus Hobbi

Nexus

Has officially named a top 3

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5966643

Cyrus Hobbi (Scottsdale, Ariz./Saguaro)

Ht.: 6-4 | Wt.: 285 | ESPNU 150: 33 | OG rank: 1 | Stars: 4

Considering: Arizona State, UCLA and USC

Has visited: Oregon State (Aug. 27), Nebraska (Oct. 15) and Arizona State (Dec. 10)

Will visit: USC (Jan. 14) and UCLA (Jan. 21)

Where do things stand now: "It's going to come down to those trips. I need to get a feel for those schools," Hobbi said. "It's going to be one of those three -- ASU, USC or UCLA. I can't say that I have a leader right now."

This is not an overly huge suprise. The fact that NU lasted in this thing as long as they did almost is. Cyrus always put off the vibe that he wanted to stay on the West coast. When ma and pa didn't come with on the official was when I started getting the vibe and my near man crush on the kid died(ok, it was more for the name, god it ranks right up there with Nyan Boatang). Best of luck please don't waste the next four years with Skippy like Owa.

• Fire 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I know they are getting around the sanctions but c'mon; this is rediculous. What's their total commit list up to now? Does anyone know what kind of an effect this will have on the size of classes they can take going forward? I know I've seen it disucssed somewhere but am too lazy to go looking.

emoticon:USCam:

Lane is just doing what any coach would do. USC is appealing the sanctions so technically they don't have to abide by the 15 scholarship limit. The appeal won't work but the scholarship sanctions won't start until the process is over. Technically 7 of their current commits are in the 2010 class because they enrolled early and USC only signed something like 16 kids last year. Lane will sign as many as possible this year in hopes to get as much depth established now before the scholarship limit goes into effect.

So next year you will see them sign only 15 kids (if they get a full 25 not including the early enrollees this year). This year he's hoping for a huge class.

• Fire 1

Lane is just doing what any coach would do. USC is appealing the sanctions so technically they don't have to abide by the 15 scholarship limit. The appeal won't work but the scholarship sanctions won't start until the process is over. Technically 7 of their current commits are in the 2010 class because they enrolled early and USC only signed something like 16 kids last year. Lane will sign as many as possible this year in hopes to get as much depth established now before the scholarship limit goes into effect.

So next year you will see them sign only 15 kids (if they get a full 25 not including the early enrollees this year). This year he's hoping for a huge class.

Bingo. Atta boy skerchicago, putting it in simple English for the people. The next three years is when USC will start to feel the handcuffs of the penalty