OG Cyrus Hobbi

Nexus

Well we certainly have an open slot now. See Dylan Admire.

Yeah, with Admire most likely bolting to KU, NU definately could land him. Isn't Klachko a G as well? If they do land Hobbi, that would be a stellar OL class. Moore, Reeves, Klachko, Hobbi, Sterup, A-Rod, Hardrick, and Moudy all in the last 2 years. Can you say stacked??? :koolaid2:

Dont forget about my boy Brent Qvale who i think its gonna be a really postive addition... .as we all know he was making some serious waves before he got hurt last year in practice before the start of the season... hope he comes out strong

Saw him walking in Lincoln awhile back (Qvale) and he is a HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-MOTH of a human being. He is a mammoth!!!!!!!!!!

Well we certainly have an open slot now. See Dylan Admire.

Yeah, with Admire most likely bolting to KU, NU definately could land him. Isn't Klachko a G as well? If they do land Hobbi, that would be a stellar OL class. Moore, Reeves, Klachko, Hobbi, Sterup, A-Rod, Hardrick, and Moudy all in the last 2 years. Can you say stacked??? :koolaid2:

Dont forget about my boy Brent Qvale who i think its gonna be a really postive addition... .as we all know he was making some serious waves before he got hurt last year in practice before the start of the season... hope he comes out strong

Saw him walking in Lincoln awhile back (Qvale) and he is a HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-MOTH of a human being. He is a mammoth!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Qvale is a big boy :hellloooo If he has the talent we all hope he does, could be a beast in the NFL. How many pancakes you think he gets? It will be fun watching him this year :snacks:

Don't leave out Sirles either. He will be in the two deep and see plenty of time this season as a RS FR.

Sirles and Qvale are my two favorite OL. They fit the mold: Big, not overly handsome (don't wwant to use a derogatory term here, but you get what I'm getting at) and mean looking.

Don't leave out Sirles either. He will be in the two deep and see plenty of time this season as a RS FR.

Sirles and Qvale are my two favorite OL. They fit the mold: Big, not overly handsome (don't wwant to use a derogatory term here, but you get what I'm getting at) and mean looking.

sirles may yet start this year. i'm very excited about the future of our OL.

• Fire 1

When October 16th rolls around, this could be what tilts this game in our favor. UT has only 2 starters coming back from a bad o line. NU has 4 starters coming back but 2 or 3 of those players may not even be the starters. Hardwick should be a starter for sure. If we have a dominant O-line, then we should be able to control the game.

Let's hope Hobbi commits to this class as well.

When October 16th rolls around, this could be what tilts this game in our favor. UT has only 2 starters coming back from a bad o line. NU has 4 starters coming back but 2 or 3 of those players may not even be the starters. Hardwick should be a starter for sure. If we have a dominant O-line, then we should be able to control the game.

Let's hope Hobbi commits to this class as well.

Another thing I've noticed with a lot of our Oline guys is that they play basketball too. Sterup, Qvale, Sirles all are/were pretty good basketball players at their HS. They aren't just big behemoths that can't move, they are agile and have staying power enough to get up and down the court. I like that trend. Moore looks like he could play ball too. Reeves might be a little short though lol. Not too many 280 pound SFs in HS.

Reeves plays too...I believe he started and his team was pretty good.

Hahah! My friend said he saw him play at state against Skutt in the first day of Class B games. He plays basketball like a football player. One time he just shoved an opposing player he couldn't box out of the paint. Pelini should have went to the tourney. He would've liked what he was seeing. Crete went 7-15 and lost to Skutt 78-34 in that game. :facepalm:

Another thing I've noticed with a lot of our Oline guys is that they play basketball too. Sterup, Qvale, Sirles all are/were pretty good basketball players at their HS. They aren't just big behemoths that can't move, they are agile and have staying power enough to get up and down the court. I like that trend. Moore looks like he could play ball too. Reeves might be a little short though lol. Not too many 280 pound SFs in HS.

great point bruddah......

• 2 weeks later...

Cyrus will visit in September for one of the early games in the season!!! He says that he has heard so many great things about Nebraska and that he wants to see for himself what all the fuss is about. Nebraska will be one of three definite visits he plans to take. The other two schools are Washington and UCLA. It is very likely that he will commit somewhere after taking all three.

Don't hold your breath yet...he isn't officially visiting UCLA until after the season.

GBR!

• Fire 2

Cyrus will visit in September for one of the early games in the season!!! He says that he has heard so many great things about Nebraska and that he wants to see for himself what all the fuss is about. Nebraska will be one of three definite visits he plans to take. The other two schools are Washington and UCLA. It is very likely that he will commit somewhere after taking all three.

Don't hold your breath yet...he isn't officially visiting UCLA until after the season.

GBR!

Thanks for the update huskernation. :thumbs

He's a kind of player than make a good class jump up to a great class.