Player: Ryan Klachko

Hometown: Springfield, IL

School: Sacred Heart Griffin

Position: OG

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 280 lbs

40 time: 5.47

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Boston College, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan St., Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Purdue, Western Michigan

:bigredn:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#10)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#11)

ESPN: :star :star :star (#26)

It looks to be another outstanding year for offensive linemen in the Land of Lincoln and one of the best hails from the state capital. Ryan Klachko (Springfield, Ill./Sacred-Heart Griffin), a 6-foot-4, 291-pound road-grader, has 10 scholarship offers.

"Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State, Arizona, Nebraska, Duke, Minnesota, Bowling Green and Central Michigan have all offered me," Klachko said. "I'd have to say my favorites are Purdue, Nebraska, Michigan State, Indiana, Duke and Arizona."

Klachko has unofficially visited Michigan State and been to junior days at Purdue, Illinois and Indiana. He plans on visiting Nebraska.

Klachko hasn’t chosen a school and doesn’t know when he might make a decision.

Not for a while,” he said. “I’m just laying low, getting the grades and getting the work done. I’m not a senior yet. I’m making sure I’m making the right decisions.”

http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x1631827514/SHGs-Klachko-says-Illini-offered-him-scholarship

per scout.... he is coming to nebraska for an unofficial next weekend....

That's pretty cool that he's coming down for an unofficial, but I wonder why he didn't wait for the spring game?

Klachko visited NU today. Apparently it went well according to the new Rivals teaser headline: It was a 12

Good. I was wondering if we were going to get another guard in this cycle. We have been real tackle heavy it seems in the last few classes.

Here's an article about him from February before Nebraska offered him. They call him "The Russian".

Springfield Sacred Heart-Griffin football coach Ken Leonard was eager to send out highlight videos of junior offensive lineman Ryan Klachko. Through 26 years at SHG - including three state championships in the last decade - Leonard said the 6-foot-4, 285-pound junior had the most impressive game tape of any offensive lineman he's coached.

Leonard's hype recently has been validated. After viewing the film, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State and Purdue extended scholarship offers to Klachko.

"I think before it's all said and done, I think he'll have offers from just about all the Big Ten," Leonard said.

Nicknamed "The Russian" because his parents are Russian natives, Klachko played guard last year but will move into the starting tackle spot left by Indiana recruit Marlandez Harris.

"(Klachko is) a kid that can run really well, and he's a big kid," Leonard said. "On top of that, he's a pretty nasty kid. He's a kid that has a motor, a nastiness and a kid that can run. That's what (college programs) are looking for.

"He had 35 knockdowns or pancakes. That's pretty impressive. He gets to the second level really well. He does all the things he has to do to be a big time lineman. I think he has enough athletically to be a defensive tackle."

Illinois has passed on Big Ten prospects out of SHG since Ron Zook came to the UI in 2005 - Harris went to Indiana in 2010, Leonard Hubbard to Wisconsin in 2008, Jeff Sanders to Indiana in 2006 and Eric Peterman in 2005 - but may now be trying to develop a better relationship with the premier in-state school.

Leonard said he hopes UI makes more of a presence in Springfield because the Cyclones continue to produce sought-after recruits, like Klachko.

"(Klachko is) working. He's a hardworker," Leonard said. "He just wants to be as good as he can, get us to the state championship and get into a Division I school and go from there."

LINK

level of interest for nebraska is now ranked as "high" per rivals......

definelty sounds like he is ours to lose... damn big barney is racking em up this year huh

:corndance:corndance

Info about Ryan's unofficial visit to Nebraska:

He has visited Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State and Purdue for junior days or unofficial visits. He said that Nebraska was head and shoulders over everything they have seen so far. There is a great sense of pride in all of the players and coaches. He really liked the up tempo practice and workouts. Enjoyed lunch with the other lineman. Noted about how huge they are. Barney said that they would like him for the interior O-line as a pulling guard. Klachko rated his visit a "12" on a 1-10 scale. Now he and his father are going home to sit and think about their next move. He stated that Nebraska made an unbelievable impression on him.

Looks really good for NU!!! :koolaid2:

This would be a great get for us. He may not be offered by the top tier teams, but he is offered by at least 14 schools and will receive even more offers if we don't lock him up tight. That would give us 4 good O-line guys and we could hold out for one high 4*/5* guy if we want or move on to other need areas (WR, D-line).

It's interesting to see how many interior guys we are going after this year. Both Reeves and Admire are interior guys, giving us a center and 2 pulling guards in this class. I'd love to see Klachko pull the trigger and us follow up with another big tackle on the outside.

It's interesting to see how many interior guys we are going after this year. Both Reeves and Admire are interior guys, giving us a center and 2 pulling guards in this class. I'd love to see Klachko pull the trigger and us follow up with another big tackle on the outside.

We seemed to have been very tackle-heavy in the last few classes. I think if we get Klacho we will be done at OL unless we have an extra scholarship at the end.

We seemed to have been very tackle-heavy in the last few classes. I think if we get Klacho we will be done at OL unless we have an extra scholarship at the end.

Would be nice to get the whole line wrapped up early so they can concentrate on other spots!

Tyler Moore, Ryne Reeves, Dylan Admire, Ryan Klachko........

I wonder what Aaron Green thinks about this O-Line class so far? :koolaid2:

Committed to Nebraska!!

:yeah

This puts us in a great position for the rest of the cycle. We should be pretty much done at OL.

He probably thinks it's roughly comparable or slightly less impressive than his other favorite school . . . Texas.

He probably thinks it's roughly comparable or slightly less impressive than his other favorite school . . . Texas.

I still think it will be on of the top o-line classes in the country.

I hope you're right. If NU can get nearly equal OL prospects to UT we're doing pretty well.

I hope you're right. If NU can get nearly equal OL prospects to UT we're doing pretty well.

:hookerhorns

:clap:w00t:clap:w00t

Glad to see "The Russian" pull the trigger early. Welcome to Husker Nation Mr. Klachko.

Committed to Nebraska!!

This puts us in a great position for the rest of the cycle. We should be pretty much done at OL.

There is speculation over at HI by a couple of insiders that we will be taking one more. A likely candidate seems to be Derek Farniok from South Dakota even though he doesn't have an offer yet.

Committed to Nebraska!!

There is speculation over at HI by a couple of insiders that we will be taking one more. A likely candidate seems to be Derek Farniok from South Dakota even though he doesn't have an offer yet.

Well it makes sense. They're probably looking for another Tackle since we've already snatched up 2 Guards, 1 Center and 1 Tackle. That'd be a complete line if we snag another Tackle in this class.

3:44 p.m.: More evidence emerged Wednesday that Nebraska plans to build its 2011 recruiting class around the offensive line.

Ryan Klachko of Springfield, Ill., accepted an NU scholarship on Wednesday, the fourth offensive lineman among five pledges in the Huskers’ 2011 class of recruits.

Projected to play on the interior, Klachko, a 6-foot-4, 280-pound junior at football power Sacred Heart-Griffin High School, picked NU over Michigan State and Purdue. His list of offers also included Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota and Arizona.

“Nebraska was the one that stood out,” Klachko said. “The academic program made a great impression on me. I was set with the school. And on top of that, football is unmatched. I’m so happy I made this decision.”

Klachko plans to sign a binding letter of intent next February. He joins O-linemen Ryne Reeves of Crete, Neb., Tyler Moore of Clearwater, Fla., and Dylan Admire of Overland Park, Kan., as future Huskers.

“I’ve Googled them a bunch,” Klachko said of the others. “I knew the slots were getting a little tighter and I didn’t want to miss out. I wanted to be part of something great.”

Nebraska also has received an oral commitment from quarterback Jamal Turner of Arlington, Texas.

Klachko visited Lincoln this week while on spring break. He attended practice Monday and watched offensive line coach Barney Cotton work with his players on the field and in the meeting room. The Huskers’ latest roster lists 25 offensive linemen on the 2010 team, including 16 on scholarship.

“I was blown away with everybody at Nebraska,” Klachko said. “People go a long way in my book.”

He said he’ll fit the NU offense well.

“I’m somebody that likes to pull, and their guards pull a ton,” Klachko said. “When I pull and I get going, I can hit.”

LINK

I think this kid will a good add...... no doubt he will add something to the line... some people wondered about offer list but to me the videos and what really tell a story.... besided how many times has Nebraska found these guys who committed only to have everyone to jump on the bandwagon later.....

welcome Ryan!!!

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:cheers:cheers

This would be a great get for us. He may not be offered by the top tier teams, but he is offered by at least 14 schools and will receive even more offers if we don't lock him up tight. That would give us 4 good O-line guys and we could hold out for one high 4*/5* guy if we want or move on to other need areas (WR, D-line).

I worry a little after reading other boards that it's possible that this committment was to nail down a destination while he continues to evaluate. He has to be impressed after his comments but I'm sure the pressure was on to take perhaps the last OL spot. Of the commits I would consider this one the least likely to sign in Feb 2011. But anyway you look at it you have to believe he is more likely to be N than not.

Sweet news!

In my opinion if there is one position the staff can over-indulge in terms of numbers, let it be the O-line. Take an indecisive quarterback or an average running back and put him behind a fresh, deep group, and suddenly you find the entire offense is better.

Klachko, a 6-4, 280-pounder, is the best offensive lineman in the state. He has offers from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Boston College, Nebraska and Arizona. He will be a 300-pound guard in college. linky

Klachko is a GREAT get for us. Welcome aboard Ryan!

We are definitely building up a lot of depth on the o-line, which is something I really like to see. Great depth along the lines can do wonders for an offense/defense.

This guy also turned down some quality (not great) offers for us, so that's something to be proud about as well.

actually 5 oline would be ideal for this class and that is what the coaches have been aiming for...

From LJS:

He told Scout.com he was planning on waiting to commit, “but when we pulled up at like midnight all I saw was that huge stadium and this big, glowing red N. It was like a sign, this place is for me.”

LINK

actually 5 oline would be ideal for this class and that is what the coaches have been aiming for...

i agree. i really think we need 5 OL and i would be OK with 6. last year's class was short on HS OL.

Ryan Klachko admitted that he sent out his highlight DVD to college coaches a little later than some other football players.

But there was something about the Sacred Heart-Griffin High School lineman’s DVD that stuck out to college coaches. Maybe it was his 6-foot-4, 280-pound frame. Maybe it was his ability to put the opposing lineman on his back and keep him there.

Whatever it was, plenty of coaches like what they saw. Klachko visited the University of Nebraska on Monday and Tuesday, and liked what he saw as well.

Klachko made it official on Wednesday morning, when he made an oral commitment to the Cornhuskers.

“We got home (Tuesday) night. Mom and I had talked about it, Dad was in on it, and we decided to say, ‘You know what, we’re Huskers.’ ”

Nothing is set in stone until Klachko signs a letter of intent next February. But as far as he’s concerned, his recruiting process is finished.

“Nebraska is 100 percent committed to me, my offer is good, and I’m 100 percent committed to Nebraska, and that’s not changing,” Klachko said. “I’m going to be a Cyclone before anything else. I’m going to finish my years at SHG, and I want to help my team as much as I can, and I want to win a state championship, because I know I’m going to be a Husker down the road.”

Klachko said he had 14 Division-I offers, “from Boston College to Arizona.” Illinois, Purdue and Indiana were among his offers from Big Ten schools. But there was nothing about his trip to Lincoln, Neb., that didn’t impress him.

“You talk about a place that has a million and five different things, and everything is top notch. They have a lot of great things. But you’ve got to have great people to work everything, and that’s the biggest thing,” Klachko said.

SHG has produced Division I football players before, but the interest level in Klachko was unlike anything coach Ken Leonard had ever.

“He’s got the size, and they saw him on film, where he can move so well and do things people want him to do,” Leonard said. “He probably had the most offers that we’ve ever had, like 30 or 40, something like that. And I think from just about every conference in the country.

“I know he’s nominated, and I think he has a great shot of playing in the Army game (U.S. Army All-American Bowl), if he has a great year and doesn’t get hurt.”

Klachko knew that college football would be in his plans. But he never thought he’d be such a hot commodity.

“We had known we might get a couple offers here and there,” Klachko said. “Once we sent out highlight tape, it picked up like wildfire . . . It was very humbling . . . I don’t know how to explain it.

“It made me realize how much I’ve been blessed and given, with coaches like coach Leonard, coach (Ted) Wise and coach (Tim) Stewart to help me get to this next level. It really was eye-opening.”

LINK

Klachko's HS football team is considered a Powerhouse in Illinois.

Sacred Heart - Griffin is widely regarded as one of the top football programs in the State of Illinois. With three State Championships, 4 State Runner-Up Awards, 29 Playoff Appearances, 52 Playoff wins and a .753 overall winning percentage, the Cyclone tradition is a strong one. Since 2000, SHG has had an incredibly successful run, compiling a 103-10 record and 9 straight playoff appearances, including State Championships in 2005, 2006, & 2008 and a 2003 State Runner-Up finish.

LINK

Klachko's HS football team is considered a Powerhouse in Illinois.

Sacred Heart - Griffin is widely regarded as one of the top football programs in the State of Illinois. With three State Championships, 4 State Runner-Up Awards, 29 Playoff Appearances, 52 Playoff wins and a .753 overall winning percentage, the Cyclone tradition is a strong one. Since 2000, SHG has had an incredibly successful run, compiling a 103-10 record and 9 straight playoff appearances, including State Championships in 2005, 2006, & 2008 and a 2003 State Runner-Up finish.

LINK

That's what I'm talkin bout...

tik-tok-300x300.jpg