SIGNED OG Ryan Klachko

Nexus

Committed to Nebraska!!

:yeah

This puts us in a great position for the rest of the cycle. We should be pretty much done at OL.

There is speculation over at HI by a couple of insiders that we will be taking one more. A likely candidate seems to be Derek Farniok from South Dakota even though he doesn't have an offer yet.

Committed to Nebraska!!

:yeah

This puts us in a great position for the rest of the cycle. We should be pretty much done at OL.

There is speculation over at HI by a couple of insiders that we will be taking one more. A likely candidate seems to be Derek Farniok from South Dakota even though he doesn't have an offer yet.

Well it makes sense. They're probably looking for another Tackle since we've already snatched up 2 Guards, 1 Center and 1 Tackle. That'd be a complete line if we snag another Tackle in this class.

3:44 p.m.: More evidence emerged Wednesday that Nebraska plans to build its 2011 recruiting class around the offensive line.

Ryan Klachko of Springfield, Ill., accepted an NU scholarship on Wednesday, the fourth offensive lineman among five pledges in the Huskers’ 2011 class of recruits.

Projected to play on the interior, Klachko, a 6-foot-4, 280-pound junior at football power Sacred Heart-Griffin High School, picked NU over Michigan State and Purdue. His list of offers also included Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota and Arizona.

“Nebraska was the one that stood out,” Klachko said. “The academic program made a great impression on me. I was set with the school. And on top of that, football is unmatched. I’m so happy I made this decision.”

Klachko plans to sign a binding letter of intent next February. He joins O-linemen Ryne Reeves of Crete, Neb., Tyler Moore of Clearwater, Fla., and Dylan Admire of Overland Park, Kan., as future Huskers.

“I’ve Googled them a bunch,” Klachko said of the others. “I knew the slots were getting a little tighter and I didn’t want to miss out. I wanted to be part of something great.”

Nebraska also has received an oral commitment from quarterback Jamal Turner of Arlington, Texas.

Klachko visited Lincoln this week while on spring break. He attended practice Monday and watched offensive line coach Barney Cotton work with his players on the field and in the meeting room. The Huskers’ latest roster lists 25 offensive linemen on the 2010 team, including 16 on scholarship.

“I was blown away with everybody at Nebraska,” Klachko said. “People go a long way in my book.”

He said he’ll fit the NU offense well.

“I’m somebody that likes to pull, and their guards pull a ton,” Klachko said. “When I pull and I get going, I can hit.”

LINK

I think this kid will a good add...... no doubt he will add something to the line... some people wondered about offer list but to me the videos and what really tell a story.... besided how many times has Nebraska found these guys who committed only to have everyone to jump on the bandwagon later.....

welcome Ryan!!!

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:cheers:cheers

This would be a great get for us. He may not be offered by the top tier teams, but he is offered by at least 14 schools and will receive even more offers if we don't lock him up tight. That would give us 4 good O-line guys and we could hold out for one high 4*/5* guy if we want or move on to other need areas (WR, D-line).

I worry a little after reading other boards that it's possible that this committment was to nail down a destination while he continues to evaluate. He has to be impressed after his comments but I'm sure the pressure was on to take perhaps the last OL spot. Of the commits I would consider this one the least likely to sign in Feb 2011. But anyway you look at it you have to believe he is more likely to be N than not.

Sweet news!

In my opinion if there is one position the staff can over-indulge in terms of numbers, let it be the O-line. Take an indecisive quarterback or an average running back and put him behind a fresh, deep group, and suddenly you find the entire offense is better.

Klachko, a 6-4, 280-pounder, is the best offensive lineman in the state. He has offers from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Boston College, Nebraska and Arizona. He will be a 300-pound guard in college. linky

Klachko is a GREAT get for us. Welcome aboard Ryan!

We are definitely building up a lot of depth on the o-line, which is something I really like to see. Great depth along the lines can do wonders for an offense/defense.

This guy also turned down some quality (not great) offers for us, so that's something to be proud about as well.

It's interesting to see how many interior guys we are going after this year. Both Reeves and Admire are interior guys, giving us a center and 2 pulling guards in this class. I'd love to see Klachko pull the trigger and us follow up with another big tackle on the outside.

We seemed to have been very tackle-heavy in the last few classes. I think if we get Klacho we will be done at OL unless we have an extra scholarship at the end.

actually 5 oline would be ideal for this class and that is what the coaches have been aiming for...