SIGNED OG Ryan Klachko

Nexus

Ryan Klachko admitted that he sent out his highlight DVD to college coaches a little later than some other football players.

But there was something about the Sacred Heart-Griffin High School lineman’s DVD that stuck out to college coaches. Maybe it was his 6-foot-4, 280-pound frame. Maybe it was his ability to put the opposing lineman on his back and keep him there.

Whatever it was, plenty of coaches like what they saw. Klachko visited the University of Nebraska on Monday and Tuesday, and liked what he saw as well.

Klachko made it official on Wednesday morning, when he made an oral commitment to the Cornhuskers.

“We got home (Tuesday) night. Mom and I had talked about it, Dad was in on it, and we decided to say, ‘You know what, we’re Huskers.’ ”

Nothing is set in stone until Klachko signs a letter of intent next February. But as far as he’s concerned, his recruiting process is finished.

“Nebraska is 100 percent committed to me, my offer is good, and I’m 100 percent committed to Nebraska, and that’s not changing,” Klachko said. “I’m going to be a Cyclone before anything else. I’m going to finish my years at SHG, and I want to help my team as much as I can, and I want to win a state championship, because I know I’m going to be a Husker down the road.”

Klachko said he had 14 Division-I offers, “from Boston College to Arizona.” Illinois, Purdue and Indiana were among his offers from Big Ten schools. But there was nothing about his trip to Lincoln, Neb., that didn’t impress him.

“You talk about a place that has a million and five different things, and everything is top notch. They have a lot of great things. But you’ve got to have great people to work everything, and that’s the biggest thing,” Klachko said.

SHG has produced Division I football players before, but the interest level in Klachko was unlike anything coach Ken Leonard had ever.

“He’s got the size, and they saw him on film, where he can move so well and do things people want him to do,” Leonard said. “He probably had the most offers that we’ve ever had, like 30 or 40, something like that. And I think from just about every conference in the country.

“I know he’s nominated, and I think he has a great shot of playing in the Army game (U.S. Army All-American Bowl), if he has a great year and doesn’t get hurt.”

Klachko knew that college football would be in his plans. But he never thought he’d be such a hot commodity.

“We had known we might get a couple offers here and there,” Klachko said. “Once we sent out highlight tape, it picked up like wildfire . . . It was very humbling . . . I don’t know how to explain it.

“It made me realize how much I’ve been blessed and given, with coaches like coach Leonard, coach (Ted) Wise and coach (Tim) Stewart to help me get to this next level. It really was eye-opening.”

LINK

Klachko's HS football team is considered a Powerhouse in Illinois.

Sacred Heart - Griffin is widely regarded as one of the top football programs in the State of Illinois. With three State Championships, 4 State Runner-Up Awards, 29 Playoff Appearances, 52 Playoff wins and a .753 overall winning percentage, the Cyclone tradition is a strong one. Since 2000, SHG has had an incredibly successful run, compiling a 103-10 record and 9 straight playoff appearances, including State Championships in 2005, 2006, & 2008 and a 2003 State Runner-Up finish.

LINK

Sacred Heart - Griffin is widely regarded as one of the top football programs in the State of Illinois. With three State Championships, 4 State Runner-Up Awards, 29 Playoff Appearances, 52 Playoff wins and a .753 overall winning percentage, the Cyclone tradition is a strong one. Since 2000, SHG has had an incredibly successful run, compiling a 103-10 record and 9 straight playoff appearances, including State Championships in 2005, 2006, & 2008 and a 2003 State Runner-Up finish.

LINK

That's what I'm talkin bout...

tik-tok-300x300.jpg

LINK

I love this strategy from Bo and company. They really seem to make a push for kids from powerhouse schools . . . and if they get those commits it's that much easier to get looks from future recruits who attend the school.

Okay folks hold onto your britches. Believe it or not, there must be an incentive for committing to Nebraska now. Scout just updated Mr. Klachko's (aka The Russian) profile today and awarded him a 4th star. He was initially ranked a 3* as of yesterday, but today he's a 4* and ranked #11 OG in the nation.

The Russian's profile

Okay folks hold onto your britches. Believe it or not, there must be an incentive for committing to Nebraska now. Scout just updated Mr. Klachko's (aka The Russian) profile today and awarded him a 4th star. He was initially ranked a 3* as of yesterday, but today he's a 4* and ranked #11 OG in the nation.

Finally some respect! 4 out of our 5 recruits are 4* by scout. Only Dylan Admire is left and he is not rated yet. Although I feel Scout is not as good as rivals, this is still nice to see, along with the fact that A. Green is now a 5* by them. Lets get him, Russell (now 4*) and Williams (4*) locked up at the spring game and we will be cruising.

Finally some respect! 4 out of our 5 recruits are 4* by scout. Only Dylan Admire is left and he is not rated yet. Although I feel Scout is not as good as rivals, this is still nice to see, along with the fact that A. Green is now a 5* by them. Lets get him, Russell (now 4*) and Williams (4*) locked up at the spring game and we will be cruising.

pretty awesome start to the class. admire might end up with 4 from scout as well.....you never know with those guys....early commits usually mean 4 stars or better to them :)

pretty awesome start to the class. admire might end up with 4 from scout as well.....you never know with those guys....early commits usually mean 4 stars or better to them :)

I prefer Rivals to Scout, but it's pretty cool that out of the 5 commits we have so far, Scout has four of them as 4*. And since Admire hasn't been evaluated by Scout yet, I have a good feeling that he'll be a 4*.

Tha Ringer has him projected as a 4* and he's also listed as the 2nd best overall prospect in the state of Kansas behind Bubba Starling.

Found this from BRN:

One of the critical needs this recruiting season (or perhaps "the" critical need) was to restock depth along the offensive line. Nebraska is set to lose five seniors (four of whom have been starters) after the 2010 season. They'll also lose three more of their top linemen in 2011. Only a single member of the recruiting class of 2008 (which makes up your senior class of 2012) has remained as an offensive lineman. And the combined recruiting classes of 2009 or 2010 aren't large enough to fully build a two-deep. Without some good recruits for the upcoming class, Nebraska was in danger of falling back into the offensive line hell that plagued the program between 2002 and 2005. Thankfully, Nebraska has already received their fourth verbal commit for the class of 2011, and Illinois product Ryan Klachko looks to be a good one.

Klachko is a four-star prospect according to Scout.com. He's already drawn a slew of offers from BCS conference schools. Listed at 6'4" and 280 lbs., he could play inside or outside. Klachko hadn't planned on making an early commitment, but was reportedly blown away by a visit to Nebraska. With the spring game looming, he may not be the last we see in April.

Klachko is the fifth commitment for the class of 2011 and the fourth offensive lineman. He's also the fourth four-star prospect. He's the second recruit in as many years from the state of Illinois. Four-star safety Corey Cooper was a late addition to the class of 2010.

With standout quarterback prospect Jamal Turner also in the class of 2011 the Huskers appear to be building their most formidable offensive class in years.

I agree with what they are saying here. Losing 5 guys this year and you know we will redshirt some of the guys we are bringing in so one more this year is key and maybe another 4-5 guy year next year.