DT Mickey Johnson

Nexus

Top 5, in order are

UCLA

NU

Michigan

Tennessee

LSU

Targeting the MU game for his visit to Lincoln.

You can't knock a recruit for taking all 5 of his official visits. I would love for it to be down to 2 still but gotta love the fact we are at least going to get a visit during one of our games.

Taking visits can be draining. You are finishing up your game Friday night, catch a plane, get picked up, get taken around to a million different things before the game, watch the game, do tons of things after the game and then more meetings on Sunday and you are flying back home. After about two or three of those they probably start to seem tiring. Its all about the connection you make while on one of those trips.

Every recruit seems to say that they are going to take all 5 visits. Normally what happens is that they take two or three and then find "The One" and commit.

Agree. Assuming the other 3 are just "visits" - if it was me - Michigan has the newly renovated stadium that is HUGE, and Ann Arbor just sounds like an awesome football town so I would definately want to take in a game there. I'd love to tailgate @ LSU sometime, but I doubt recruits get to tailgate and beyond that there isn't much that would impress me about LSU. Tennessee...well Kiffin's wife isn't there anymore so that pretty well rules out a visit to the Vols for me.

MU game to see us, then goes to Michigan later, late visit to UCLA. - finds out 1) Michigan is colder then Nebraska, 2) Rich Rod doesn't know there is a defensive aspect to football, 3) Rick is a snake. He commits to NU shortly after. Take it to the bank.

Every recruit seems to say that they are going to take all 5 visits. Normally what happens is that they take two or three and then find "The One" and commit.

Agree. Assuming the other 3 are just "visits" - if it was me - Michigan has the newly renovated stadium that is HUGE, and Ann Arbor just sounds like an awesome football town so I would definately want to take in a game there. I'd love to tailgate @ LSU sometime, but I doubt recruits get to tailgate and beyond that there isn't much that would impress me about LSU. Tennessee...well Kiffin's wife isn't there anymore so that pretty well rules out a visit to the Vols for me.

MU game to see us, then goes to Michigan later, late visit to UCLA. - finds out 1) Michigan is colder then Nebraska, 2) Rich Rod doesn't know there is a defensive aspect to football, 3) Rick is a snake. He commits to NU shortly after. Take it to the bank.

LSU was listed 5th, but I would not count them out. IMO it's between UCLA, NU and LSU, I am afraid he will be at UCLA.

I'm with you on this one, dude. You gotta feel good about our chances with this guy. He's got the potential to be the next Suh, all he needs is the right coaching... obviously, Bo and Co. You'd best believe our defensive staff is much superior to UCLA's. We definitely have a better defense, and I don't want to hear the "they had more guys drafted in the top of the draft" argument. That means they attract NFL talent, NOT AN NFL CALIBER D.

The one thing UCLA has going for them is the weather/beaches/women/Nigerian community, but there defense simply couldn't hold a candle to ours. At least their school is not in the ghetto like USC. Anyway, if Mickey knows where he has the best chance to be pipelined to the NFL, if that is indeed what he wants, he should come N.

• Fire 1

I'm with you on this one, dude. You gotta feel good about our chances with this guy. He's got the potential to be the next Suh, all he needs is the right coaching... obviously, Bo and Co. You'd best believe our defensive staff is much superior to UCLA's. We definitely have a better defense, and I don't want to hear the "they had more guys drafted in the top of the draft" argument. That means they attract NFL talent, NOT AN NFL CALIBER D.

The one thing UCLA has going for them is the weather/beaches/women/Nigerian community, but there defense simply couldn't hold a candle to ours. At least their school is not in the ghetto like USC. Anyway, if Mickey knows where he has the best chance to be pipelined to the NFL, if that is indeed what he wants, he should come N.

Hahahaha I hope mickey's not looking for a nigerian community. But if he wants a russian community we have one in Lincoln! :laughpound

Whats up with the so called " Suh effect"? We haven't got one great D-line prospect yet.

chase rome, jay guy and kevin williams beg to differ.

I forgot about Williams. Rome & Guy were last years class, i'm talking about this year.

well, you might recall that suh had a pretty decent year in 2008, too, so i don't think it's out of line to think that his success influenced the recruitment of rome and guy. thus, there's already been a "suh effect".

as to this year, it's still early. we've already got one good DT and are apparently in on some other good ones. judging by their comments, i don't think there's any doubt that suh's success has given us extra consideration from DT's.