DT Mickey Johnson

Nexus

New Rivals teaser saying he'll be visiting sometime this summer.

Another thing I thought was quite impressive is the fact that this kid can bench press 405 lbs. three times. For a Junior that is scary. He also squats 695. :blink:

And then he does this 500 lbs press:

That stuff used to impress me, but I think it has a lot less bearing than I once thought. I remember a guy we had on the O-line a few years ago who could bench 705 or something like that, and didn't see a down.

I think 705 might be a little on the high side??? World record is around 715 me thinks..... but maybe he was an ex-husker!

Anyone know the husker bench record?

I believe he is talking about Brock Pasteur. He actually benched 545.

linky

Yeah, I was definitely exaggerating the number. I was talking about Brock Pasteur. I didn't want to throw a name out there that I wasn't sure of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

considering last i checked they dont have a single verbal froma recruit this year this might mean two things

1. RN will be bustting his balls trying to get this guy

2. the word is out about what an incredible asslick RN is and our chances are a lot better than before when it comes to battling UCLA for recruits

Great another battle with Ricky Neweasel and his band of misfits of UCLA. Atleast Mickey isnt Nigerian (atleast I hope not) so that imaginary community wont effect him.

In the south they know their football. In Oregon they apparently dont. This kid might not have a mother that tells him where to go either.

Great another battle with Ricky Neweasel and his band of misfits of UCLA. Atleast Mickey isnt Nigerian (atleast I hope not) so that imaginary community wont effect him.

In the south they know their football. In Oregon they apparently dont. This kid might not have a mother that tells him where to go either.

Good point Mom probably wont have such a huge impact. But I am still fairly confident that Mickey will see that Nebraska is the place for him. He knows about Suh and Pelini but when he finally meets the coaches and person, sees the facilities, sees the academic side in person that might seal it.

If it was totally up to OO I think he'd have been a blackshirt. I like our chances with Johnson.