DE Dylan Wynn

Kid has the motor and the desire to be a husker. Hopefully staff likes what they see at camp.

:yeah

His motor is very Wistrom-like and was the first thing I noticed when watching his highlights.

That may be true, but at 6'2" 235, does he really fit the mold of a Bo&Co defensive end?

Kid has the motor and the desire to be a husker. Hopefully staff likes what they see at camp.

:yeah

His motor is very Wistrom-like and was the first thing I noticed when watching his highlights.

That may be true, but at 6'2" 235, does he really fit the mold of a Bo&Co defensive end?

Thats a good question, but as long as the kid can make plays and fly around the field like a mad man than I think he will be fine, and he might not be done growing.

I'm pretty sure we've taken small guys at DE and just bulked them up. The height may be one thing, but he could grow and there's no cookie cutter requirements anyways, I'd imagine. Wasn't Meredith 235 out of HS? etc...a lot of HS DE's are pretty small, then they bulk up in college. You don't really just pluck around and find these 280 pound ends.

I'm pretty sure we've taken small guys at DE and just bulked them up. The height may be one thing, but he could grow and there's no cookie cutter requirements anyways, I'd imagine. Wasn't Meredith 235 out of HS? etc...a lot of HS DE's are pretty small, then they bulk up in college. You don't really just pluck around and find these 280 pound ends.

seems like he has a great motor type guy just pumped up and jacked out... good reads of the ball but wonder about over all intelligence of the game at the college level (even with all the HS rewards)

seems like overall a good prospect and his prospect list is all over the place...

i really wonder who this Washington State recruiting guy as he's been on a lot of guys that we've been on which lately has been described as steals....

everytime our name comes up i bet the staff is just like 'ahh shiet not again'

Interesting fact that I didn't see posted anywhere in this thread - Dylan is Todd Peterson's cousin.

This will help us out alot not that we need the help anyways since he's always wanted to be a Husker when he turned 8 years old

If he doesn't add anymore weight, I think we could still use him as a LB. Let's see how this plays out in the next few weeks. Playing for one for one of the best schools in the country doesn't hurt his chances either.

Looks good and shedding the blockers and has a high motor. I love these types of kids that want to play for us might not be the fastest or the best kid out there but he has the desire to a Husker. I know someone said he might fit into and OLB role I like that Idea for him but I think he would need to work on his speed a bit more 4.81 is a little slow for a OLB but if he can change that a little bit I think it would be a great fit for him.

Looks good and shedding the blockers and has a high motor. I love these types of kids that want to play for us might not be the fastest or the best kid out there but he has the desire to a Husker. I know someone said he might fit into and OLB role I like that Idea for him but I think he would need to work on his speed a bit more 4.81 is a little slow for a OLB but if he can change that a little bit I think it would be a great fit for him.

the average time at the NFL combine this last year for LB's looks to have been around 4.7. and these are guys that have specifically trained for weeks or months to get a good 40 time at the combine.

now, who knows if the kid's 40 time is accurate, but i wouldn't rule out a high school kid from playing LB because of a 4.8 40 when the BEST college LB's aren't significantly faster than that.

fwiw, i would consider that body type and speed more for ILB than OLB.

I believe Meredith was more like 250 when he got here, maybe it's Josh Williams your thinking of. He was listed at only 225 coming in, but he was also 6'4" which gave him a lot of room to grow. I'm not saying Wynn is too small to play here, I'm just a little skeptical that the coaches will offer him at DE in a year when NU isn't exactly hurting for talent on the line.