Kyle Vanden Bosch signs a 4-year $26 million deal

A local Detroit sports anchor thinks the reason why Coach Schwartz went after Vanden Bosch was three-fold.

-- Schwartz was Vanden Bosch's DC from '01-'08 while at Tennessee and they have a good relationship.

-- Vanden Bosch possesses great leadership skills and played a key role in influencing and mentoring Albert Haynesworth.

-- Since Vanden Bosch is familiar with Schwartz's system, he will also be depended on to assume his leadership role and mentoring the next draft pick, which will be either Suh or McCoy.

Don't forget that Dominic Raiola also plays for the Lions. So if Suh does end up at Detroit, he'll have a couple of Husker NFL veterans to hang out with.

Hey SkerChicago, KVB & Suh on the D-line in Detroit? Oh no, I feel bad for Jay Cutler facing those guys twice a year for who knows how long. I am going to have trouble on the jobsites wearing their jerseys. Man, can Detroit really be loading up on D. to make an effort at playing NFL football. I hope so, bring the competition to make daBears better, cause if not, then Bill Cowher will be the new coach here in 2011.

• 1 month later...

Hey SkerChicago, KVB & Suh on the D-line in Detroit? Oh no, I feel bad for Jay Cutler facing those guys twice a year for who knows how long. I am going to have trouble on the jobsites wearing their jerseys. Man, can Detroit really be loading up on D. to make an effort at playing NFL football. I hope so, bring the competition to make daBears better, cause if not, then Bill Cowher will be the new coach here in 2011.

ha! My guess says Lovie is gone after this season anyway.....

Can't wait for Detriot to be on MNF. We'll have a couple of intro announcements: "Kyle Vanden Bosch, Univerity of Nebraska."

Hopefully the Lions will get on MNF before Vanden Bosch retires.

• 10 years later...