What have you done for me lately?

I am amazed on how many fans have came out of the woodwork for Women's BBall. It's good to see any home state sport (UNO/UNL, etc.) dominate over the out of state competition. And really opens up the fan-base for not just in-state fans, but new fans across the U.S.

Husker baseball ehh..

Men's BBall major ehh right now.

Wrestling looks good for both UNO/UNL, UNO will probably win another national champ. this year.

UNO hockey...wow, a lot of new fans (including myself) of that one.

Best thing though is that since Nebraska's football program is back on the right track, you really see publicly the pride that was gone for awhile, and seeing people that get along the best or willing to say Hi to you just for being another fan, really is something special.

A serious question here, cuz i'm not a baseball by any means, but was Nebraska even relevant prior to 2000 season when they nearly made it to the CWS, and then they made it a few times, and maybe is it possible they had a decade that was a bit above average. I guess i'm just trying to make a point that alot "other" things stood out a lot more over the last decade with the football program goin thru such struggles. Adjusted for the times of course-could it be said that the men's basketball programs gets more looks now than it did in the nineties when it was winnin 20 game routinely and even winning conference and national tournaments?

It's coming. MBB is not doing well. Baseball is a big question mark. It's coming to an internet message board near you. Everyone get ready!

Are you making a serious statement that someone might/should consider firing T.O.?

Did I claim it would be anyone intelligent?

It's coming. MBB is not doing well. Baseball is a big question mark. It's coming to an internet message board near you. Everyone get ready!

Are you making a serious statement that someone might/should consider firing T.O.?

Did I claim it would be anyone intelligent?

Jesus H Christ and a dump truck, has it really come to this?!?!??!?

Football needs to hurry up

The women’s basketball bandwagon is lame IMO. :moreinteresting Sure it is cool that they are #3 in the nation but it is retarded that people act like they care now when 3 months ago they couldn’t even name one player on the team. <_< Crap there was someone on here asking why they wore white uniforms at home. :wacko: A guy my brother works with has had season tickets to the women’s games for years because they were cheap and readily available. He hates the new “love” that people have because the crowds went from a handful to everyone and their brother. Don’t worry though the new found excitement will die down starting in the middle of next year when they go back to being just another team.

It is very similar to baseball a few years ago. Before Van Horn you could walk up and get tickets at the gate, heck sometimes they would let you walk right in, then when the team started winning you couldn’t get a ticket to save your life. Now that the bum Anderson :madash is running the show tickets are everywhere.

T.O. will never get fired because of a lackluster men’s basketball team or a terrible men’s baseball team because at the end of the day those teams are truly after thoughts in the minds of most Husker fans.

• Fire 1

speaking of walking right into games...last year i went to a bunch of mens basketball games because of my cousin, who would leave me tickets at will call. If I got there after about the first qtr or so, the lady wouldnt even bother looking for them, and would just wave us in-- and that was before this years skunkfest. I bet a guy wouldnt have needed to buy tickets and could have made every home game this year. <_<

The women’s basketball bandwagon is lame IMO. :moreinteresting Sure it is cool that they are #3 in the nation but it is retarded that people act like they care now when 3 months ago they couldn’t even name one player on the team. <_< Crap there was someone on here asking why they wore white uniforms at home. :wacko: A guy my brother works with has had season tickets to the women’s games for years because they were cheap and readily available. He hates the new “love” that people have because the crowds went from a handful to everyone and their brother. Don’t worry though the new found excitement will die down starting in the middle of next year when they go back to being just another team.

It is very similar to baseball a few years ago. Before Van Horn you could walk up and get tickets at the gate, heck sometimes they would let you walk right in, then when the team started winning you couldn’t get a ticket to save your life. Now that the bum Anderson :madash is running the show tickets are everywhere.

T.O. will never get fired because of a lackluster men’s basketball team or a terrible men’s baseball team because at the end of the day those teams are truly after thoughts in the minds of most Husker fans.

You're exactly right. AD's at Nebraska lose their jobs based upon the performance of the football team. AD's at KU lose their jobs based upon the performance of the basketball team. As long as the bread and butter sports program is hitting on all cylinders, the AD's job is not in jeopardy. Back when I was in college (93-96), there were only two sports programs that even operated in the black. They were the football program and the men's basketball program even though the volleyball team won a NC during that time frame. I'd venture to guess that several die hard Nebraska football fans don't even know the womens basketball team is undefeated and #3 in the country.