Player: Gabriel Wright

Hometown: Columbus, GA

School: Carver HS

Position: DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 273

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, Auburn, California, Clemson, Florida St., Georgia, Mississippi, Mississippi St., Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, Southern Miss

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#8)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#8)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#6)

Does anyone know what the competition is like? It seems that he has a quick first step and is just stronger and faster than every lineman he faces. I like that he blows by the guys sometimes, but what is really impressive is when he doesn't blow by them. If you watch the few times they actually do get him blocked to start with he is a lot like Suh. He keeps the OL at arms length and has his eyes up watching the play. When he sees what is going on he tosses the lineman to the side or just drives the guy back into the other player to make the tackle. Impressive for a high schooler!

• Fire 1

:yeah

Georgia ranked 4th (behind Texas, Florida, California) for most HS players in D-1 football programs in 2010 recruiting.

Gabe Wright's team competes in the 3rd largest division in Georgia out of 5 divisions.

Ok, I knew that GA had lots of top prospects, but i didnt know what class he was. Since he is in the middle class of a state with tons of athletes there is probably around 1-2 other D1 targets most games he plays in, besides him. Plus some good 1-AA or D2 kids. Not like hes playing in Texas, but competition is still better than in Nebraska.

Georgia ranked 4th (behind Texas, Florida, California) for most HS players in D-1 football programs in 2010 recruiting.

Gabe Wright's team competes in the 3rd largest division in Georgia out of 5 divisions.

Ok, I knew that GA had lots of top prospects, but i didnt know what class he was. Since he is in the middle class of a state with tons of athletes there is probably around 1-2 other D1 targets most games he plays in, besides him. Plus some good 1-AA or D2 kids. Not like hes playing in Texas, but competition is still better than in Nebraska.

FWIW, this site ranks Gabe the 7th best overall prospect regardless of position in the state of Georgia.

FWIW, this site ranks Gabe the 7th best overall prospect regardless of position in the state of Georgia.

Sorry I think I came off wrong... He looks like a great player and deserves his ranking and schollie offers. I just wanted to know the skill around him to make a better judgement myself. Skill on his team and the other team. I have no doubt he is a good player and has the potential to do great in college, just look at the film. However if he was in GA largest classification vs. 3rd then it would be that much more impressive and would warrant an even higher ranking. Once again I would agree he is a top prospect. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry I think I came off wrong... He looks like a great player and deserves his ranking and schollie offers. I just wanted to know the skill around him to make a better judgement myself. Skill on his team and the other team. I have no doubt he is a good player and has the potential to do great in college, just look at the film. However if he was in GA largest classification vs. 3rd then it would be that much more impressive and would warrant an even higher ranking. Once again I would agree he is a top prospect. Sorry for the confusion.

I think we all knew what you were saying. No worries.

No biggie. I wasn't confused by your inquiry. So it's all good. ;)

• 2 months later...
"Auburn is still up there. It's Auburn and Alabama. I don't want to put anything in order, but coming off of that visit, it's hard not to like Auburn. There isn't a leader, but those two schools are at the top. I'll be back at Auburn in the summer for a camp and again in the fall for a game or two. I'm still planning to announce at the Under Armour All-American Game (Jan. 7), but it depends on how I feel. I don't think anything will happen anytime soon, though."

• 2 weeks later...