The Proximity Thread

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's gotta be because the students are away from campus. Last time we did this I was #20, and I haven't moved since then.

Knapp, since you live so close to the campus  I have a question that is off topic put sort of, kind of related . 

Since Covid-19 & the close of campus and the normal near campus activities,  have you seen any businesses close for good because of the lack of business - not being able to withstand the economic impact of no students in the spring and the summer months?   I also would think not have a spring game had a huge impact on businesses near the campus.   What have you observed?  

I can't imagine the impact if there were no football games.  I read an article about how some college downs will fall apart if campuses don't open up as normal this fall.  Some college towns have just one 'industry' - the college.

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Knapp, since you live so close to the campus  I have a question that is off topic put sort of, kind of related . 

Since Covid-19 & the close of campus and the normal near campus activities,  have you seen any businesses close for good because of the lack of business - not being able to withstand the economic impact of no students in the spring and the summer months?   I also would think not have a spring game had a huge impact on businesses near the campus.   What have you observed?  

I can't imagine the impact if there were no football games.  I read an article about how some college downs will fall apart if campuses don't open up as normal this fall.  Some college towns have just one 'industry' - the college.

There have been a few places downtown that have closed temporarily, like bagel shops and Panera Bread and some coffee shops, and of course the bars, but I don't think anyone has permanently closed up shop.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There have been a few places downtown that have closed temporarily, like bagel shops and Panera Bread and some coffee shops, and of course the bars, but I don't think anyone has permanently closed up shop.

good to know.  I hope they all make it.