The Proximity Thread

Updated everything from the weekend. eljasarino has the furthest, and I made #1 a tie between jeff and B1ackshirt32, who according to MapMyRide.com both live .3 miles from the stadium. Google maps doesn't let you use bike paths, so I had to use something that would.

From what I understand, Jeff may be closer than I. If he lives between the two churches on Charleston, he is probably three or four houses closer to the stadium than me. I live at the Hayward School building about half a block down.

After messing around on Google Earth, I have determined that the furthest place someone could live from the stadium is on a small uninhabited speck of land called St. Paul Island in the southern Indian Ocean. It is the closest land mass to the exact opposite side of the world from Memorial Stadium. The tiny island has an area of 2.3 square miles, and includes a sweet crater thing in the middle.

These are the coordinates if you want to check it out on Google Maps: -38.722711,77.521219

Distance: about 12,100 miles

So, since no one lives there, who wants to go set up a Husker outpost with me? :thumbs

okay i come in at

4,532 miles or according to google earth.....

here are some of my google instructions that i found sooo classic!!!

Turn left at Kuilima Dr 0.5 mi

Turn right 0.1 mi

Kayak across the Pacific Ocean

Entering Washington

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

the things i would do for my cornhuskers!!!

Updated everything from the weekend. eljasarino has the furthest, and I made #1 a tie between jeff and B1ackshirt32, who according to MapMyRide.com both live .3 miles from the stadium. Google maps doesn't let you use bike paths, so I had to use something that would.

From what I understand, Jeff may be closer than I. If he lives between the two churches on Charleston, he is probably three or four houses closer to the stadium than me. I live at the Hayward School building about half a block down.

hmm...i may have to visit you after a game some time.

• 8 months later...