LB Denzel Perryman

Player: Denzel Perryman

Hometown: Coral Gables, FL

Position: LB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 210 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas Tech, UCLA, West Virginia, Boston College, South Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State

Favorites: Miami, Florida State, Florida, Alabama

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report: :star :star :star

Assessing the talent: Likely the best ILB prospect out of the state of Florida. Devastating hitter brings the lumber. ``When he gets near the ball, the play ends,'' Coral Gables coach Joe Montoya said of his junior standout. Montoya says Perryman is a natural to rush the passer with great burst off the edge and the strength to fight off blockers.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Lots of big offers. Miami and FSU are recruiting very hard. If we play defense like we did last year, it is going to be hard for these top notch defenders not to look closer at Nebraska.

From Husker Journal:

MARCH 17 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

DENZEL PERRYMAN, LB, 6-0, 210, 4.5, CORAL GABLES, FLORIDA

“I have 17 offers I need to start narrowing it down soon.” Perryman said

Denzel Likes Florida Schools

“I went to Florida State Junior Day’s I liked it a lot. Florida State has great history and great coaches. I went around the school met some coaches. I liked Florida State period.” Perryman said

“Florida State wants me real bad,” Perryman said. “They want me out there to help the program and they (FSU) told me I will become a better person.”

“I’m a Hurricane fan but I’m open minded about picking and choosing. I’ve been to most Miami games the past two years. The fans are really into it very loud atmosphere.” Perryman said

Nebraska Offered Last Week

“I just got an offer from Nebraska last Friday so I should get something else (mail) coming in.” Perryman said

“I like Nebraska a lot they have great history I want to know more about them. I’m undecided if I want to leave the state, Nebraska wouldn’t be too far away.” Perryman said

“I also would like to visit Florida and USC. I’m going to visit USC this summer I want to go out there and see what it is like to get out of Florida. See some other states.” Perryman said

From Husker Journal:

MARCH 17 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

DENZEL PERRYMAN, LB, 6-0, 210, 4.5, CORAL GABLES, FLORIDA

“I have 17 offers I need to start narrowing it down soon.” Perryman said

Denzel Likes Florida Schools

“I went to Florida State Junior Day’s I liked it a lot. Florida State has great history and great coaches. I went around the school met some coaches. I liked Florida State period.” Perryman said

“Florida State wants me real bad,” Perryman said. “They want me out there to help the program and they (FSU) told me I will become a better person.”

“I’m a Hurricane fan but I’m open minded about picking and choosing. I’ve been to most Miami games the past two years. The fans are really into it very loud atmosphere.” Perryman said

Nebraska Offered Last Week

“I just got an offer from Nebraska last Friday so I should get something else (mail) coming in.” Perryman said

“I like Nebraska a lot they have great history I want to know more about them. I’m undecided if I want to leave the state, Nebraska wouldn’t be too far away.” Perryman said

“I also would like to visit Florida and USC. I’m going to visit USC this summer I want to go out there and see what it is like to get out of Florida. See some other states.” Perryman said

I wonder what this guy's threshold is for too far away. I mean, USC is much further than Nebraska. I hope Alaska-Anchorage doesn't offer. Its not too far away either. . . :sarcasm

Says he doesn't have a top 5 yet and it is "50/50" whether he leaves the state for college. Says education is number 1 with him. He likes Nebraska's history and remembers the 2002 Rose Bowl...sh*t.

He also says he has good relationships with coaches at Miami, FSU, Florida, and Ole Miss.

Thanks, for both updates (J. Lee too). :thumbs

Says he doesn't have a top 5 yet and it is "50/50" whether he leaves the state for college. Says education is number 1 with him. He likes Nebraska's history and remembers the 2002 Rose Bowl...sh*t.

He also says he has good relationships with coaches at Miami, FSU, Florida, and Ole Miss.

We're screwed. But I remember that game. I got a Rose Bowl T-shirt that had us and Miami on it for christmas. I can safely say I wore it twice. The day after Christmas and gameday. After that it went to the back of the closet, never to be seen with human eyes ever again.

It would be nice to get him for a visit, but I bet he stays in Florida and picks either FSU or Miami.

If he is likely the best ILB in the state you can bet Florida and Meyer will swoop in at some point. It's hard for in state kids to say no to their program... so they can afford to wait it off and swoop in for an instant steal.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...