Player: Rodney Coe

Hometown: Edwardsville, IL

School: Edwardsville HS

Position: RB

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 230

40 time: 4.54

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas St., Michigan St., Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wisconsin

Rivals:

Scout: :star:star:star:star:star

ESPN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOTMc92OX7A

Some good offers, but if we can get the offense rolling this season and show these big time running backs that we care committed to run the ball could spark some interest.

His top 5 are Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Tennessee according to Hawkeyereport.com back on March 16th. FWIW all of his top 5 schools are all recruiting him for RB. He also says that even though he has a top 5 that he's still open to all of the other schools recruiting him but wants to stay relatively close to home for college.

His top 5 are Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Tennessee according to Hawkeyereport.com back on March 16th. FWIW all of his top 5 schools are all recruiting him for RB. He also says that even though he has a top 5 that he's still open to all of the other schools recruiting him but wants to stay relatively close to home for college.

My guess... if he is as good as he is, coaches will give him the option to play RB if he wants. In fact, he'll probably be told that on his visit Monday, Monday is a spring practice day as well... my guess is that he'll get to watch practice and see how NU is going to use its RB's.

I think he'll come away impressed, thinking NU is a little better school than he originally thought. If he is a team player he should leave saying something similar to Ryan Klachko. He should also look at our RB position and realize Watson has said he wants to use a multi back system... with Helu leaving after this year and Heard coming in (hopefully) we're only gonna have 3 quality scholarship players when him and his class get here. Robinson and Burkhead will be Jr's at that time... meaning if he redshirts, he'll get a chance to start as soon as his RsFr year... if he is as good as professed.

OU and Texas take 4* and 5* RB's every year and they typically play 1-2 guys majority of snaps. If he is a team player he will see our system, see time to come in early, get some snaps and help the team out, he'll see the fundamentals he's gonna learn that the pros look for, he'll see a team that lacks the same type of depth that UT and OU have at that position, but a team that is also just as apt to win as National Championship in the future as UT or OU.

UT's RB Roster

Vondrell McGee Jr. :star :star :star :star 6.0, #56/Rivals100 2006

Foswhitt Whittaker So. :star :star :star :star 5.8

Jeremy Hills RsFr. :star :star :star :star #196/Rivals250 2008

Cody Johnson So. :star :star :star :star Rivals 250

Chris Whaley HsFr. :star :star :star :star #91/Rivals 100 2009

Tre' Newton RsFr :star :star :star #18 Running Back

Antwan Cobb Jr. :star :star :star 5.6

OU's RB Roster

Jermie Calhoun RsFr. :star :star :star :star :star 6.1 #2 RB in Country 2008

Demarco Murray Jr. :star :star :star :star 6.0 #35/Rivals 100

Brennan Clay HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.9 #2 All Purpose Back in Country 2010

Roy Finch HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.9 #4 All Purpose Back in Country 2010

Trey Millard HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.8 FULLBACK

Jonathan Miller HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.8 #30 Running Back in Country

Marshall Musil HsFr. :star :star :star 5.7 #49 Athlete in Country

Mossis Madu Jr. :star :star :star 5.6 #45 Athlete in Country

NU's RB Roster

Braylon Heard HsFr :star :star :star :star 5.9 #5 RB in Nation

Rex Burkhead So. :star :star :star :star 5.8 #9 All Purpose Back 2009

Collins Okafor So. :star :star :star 5.7 #27 RB in Nation

Roy Helu Sr. :star :star :star 5.5 #55 RB in the country

Dontrayevous Robinson So. :star :star :star 5.5 #69 RB in Nation

C.J. Zimmer RsFr. :star :star :star 5.5 FULLBACK

Lester Ward So. :star :star 5.4

Austin Jones Jr. NR Running back

Mike Hays Sr. NR FULLBACK

Tyler Legate So. NR FULLBACK

From these lists you can see that OU has 6 4-5* backs, UT has 5 4* backs, and NU has 2 4* backs.

If i'm a recruit and i'm lookin at programs with depth... i'd shy away from OU... stocked with young talent. I'd look at UT but then look at what they have done with their RB talent over the past 5-6 years and note that it's not done much. Then i'd look at NU and see what they are doing, how they could use some help, how i'd have a chance to play... It's clearly the best choice. :koolaid2:

• Fire 1

My guess... if he is as good as he is, coaches will give him the option to play RB if he wants. In fact, he'll probably be told that on his visit Monday, Monday is a spring practice day as well... my guess is that he'll get to watch practice and see how NU is going to use its RB's.

I think he'll come away impressed, thinking NU is a little better school than he originally thought. If he is a team player he should leave saying something similar to Ryan Klachko. He should also look at our RB position and realize Watson has said he wants to use a multi back system... with Helu leaving after this year and Heard coming in (hopefully) we're only gonna have 3 quality scholarship players when him and his class get here. Robinson and Burkhead will be Jr's at that time... meaning if he redshirts, he'll get a chance to start as soon as his RsFr year... if he is as good as professed.

OU and Texas take 4* and 5* RB's every year and they typically play 1-2 guys majority of snaps. If he is a team player he will see our system, see time to come in early, get some snaps and help the team out, he'll see the fundamentals he's gonna learn that the pros look for, he'll see a team that lacks the same type of depth that UT and OU have at that position, but a team that is also just as apt to win as National Championship in the future as UT or OU.

UT's RB Roster

Vondrell McGee Jr. :star :star :star :star 6.0, #56/Rivals100 2006

Foswhitt Whittaker So. :star :star :star :star 5.8

Jeremy Hills RsFr. :star :star :star :star #196/Rivals250 2008

Cody Johnson So. :star :star :star :star Rivals 250

Chris Whaley HsFr. :star :star :star :star #91/Rivals 100 2009

Tre' Newton RsFr :star :star :star #18 Running Back

Antwan Cobb Jr. :star :star :star 5.6

OU's RB Roster

Jermie Calhoun RsFr. :star :star :star :star :star 6.1 #2 RB in Country 2008

Demarco Murray Jr. :star :star :star :star 6.0 #35/Rivals 100

Brennan Clay HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.9 #2 All Purpose Back in Country 2010

Roy Finch HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.9 #4 All Purpose Back in Country 2010

Trey Millard HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.8 FULLBACK

Jonathan Miller HsFr. :star :star :star :star 5.8 #30 Running Back in Country

Marshall Musil HsFr. :star :star :star 5.7 #49 Athlete in Country

Mossis Madu Jr. :star :star :star 5.6 #45 Athlete in Country

NU's RB Roster

Braylon Heard HsFr :star :star :star :star 5.9 #5 RB in Nation

Rex Burkhead So. :star :star :star :star 5.8 #9 All Purpose Back 2009

Collins Okafor So. :star :star :star 5.7 #27 RB in Nation

Roy Helu Sr. :star :star :star 5.5 #55 RB in the country

Dontrayevous Robinson So. :star :star :star 5.5 #69 RB in Nation

C.J. Zimmer RsFr. :star :star :star 5.5 FULLBACK

Lester Ward So. :star :star 5.4

Austin Jones Jr. NR Running back

Mike Hays Sr. NR FULLBACK

Tyler Legate So. NR FULLBACK

From these lists you can see that OU has 6 4-5* backs, UT has 5 4* backs, and NU has 2 4* backs.

If i'm a recruit and i'm lookin at programs with depth... i'd shy away from OU... stocked with young talent. I'd look at UT but then look at what they have done with their RB talent over the past 5-6 years and note that it's not done much. Then i'd look at NU and see what they are doing, how they could use some help, how i'd have a chance to play... It's clearly the best choice. :koolaid2:

Thats odd... I swear I just read this in the general recruiting area :dunno . Its like you posted it a second time and modified it for him... :dunno:sarcasm