Rodney Coe

ADS

You aren't saying anything to disprove my point that it is rare to have a RB that tall....

That's because what you are saying is true. They are just saying that there are exceptions. Coe looks like a LB to me but I'm no expert.

Totally agree with the LB statement, I always pictured having that "tall" running back as sort of a libaility. But as for Coe being a LB he seems more sutied for that because he completely fits the mold of a SAM or BUCK LB. Then again I'm not an expert either just throwing my two cents in.

You aren't saying anything to disprove my point that it is rare to have a RB that tall....

I'm not trying to disprove your point. I'm just saying I don't think being 6'2" is any kind of a barrier to him being a good RB. If you look at a height distribution HEIGHT DIST you'll see that being 6'2" puts him in the 96.8 percentile for human males. That means 3.2% of the average population is taller. Of course it's rare. Being that tall is rare period. You rarely see guys that are below 6' playing a non RB or DB position. Guys that are usually cast into other spots from a young age. Again, I'm not trying to disprove your point. I'm just saying it shouldn't cause a problem.

But being tall can cause problems. 5'8 guys are much more common than 6'4 guys, but you see more of the latter than the former at WR. I don't know what the problems might be - pad level, upright running, well, I'm no expert. Just seems like RB is a spot where 5'9-6'1 is the typical range of heights and probably for a reason.

• Fire 1

he's too tall to play RB anyway

I get all gitty thinking of the 6'4 265lb Brandon Jacobs when I look at Coe. He would be fun to watch back there.....

I worked at Southern Illinois Univ when Jacobs played there. It was a freak show watching him against D2 football teams. When he got moving downfield, all I could think was "Hope he doesn't hurt anybody"

• 2 weeks later...