Rodney Coe

ADS

And Iowa plays freshmen. Wegher got a ton of touches this year. I think Ferentz is pretty fair about letting the best players play. I hate to say it, but he kind of reminds me of Bo. Instant Iowa-Neb rivalry if we go to the Big Ten!

IIRC we played a freshmen last fall at RB.

Yes we did, sir. Yes...we...did. And I'd take Burkhead over Wegher. I know some guys that knew Wegher in H.S. and say he was a DEEEE-BAAAG! So why won't Coe come hang out with our classy gentleman of a RB named Burkhead and forget about Iowa?

That is correct, sir. I played Wegher last year. Dude was a jackass.

And Iowa plays freshmen. Wegher got a ton of touches this year. I think Ferentz is pretty fair about letting the best players play. I hate to say it, but he kind of reminds me of Bo. Instant Iowa-Neb rivalry if we go to the Big Ten!

IIRC we played a freshmen last fall at RB.

Yes we did, sir. Yes...we...did. And I'd take Burkhead over Wegher. I know some guys that knew Wegher in H.S. and say he was a DEEEE-BAAAG! So why won't Coe come hang out with our classy gentleman of a RB named Burkhead and forget about Iowa?

That is correct, sir. I played Wegher last year. Dude was a jackass.

Read on an Iowa board that he is academically ineligible to play in the fall if he does not pass some classes this summer. Not exactly a problem we would have with Rex. Not bagging on Wegher, but I'll take the whole package that is Rex Burkhead.

Exactly. I guess having known Wegher from school last year, I never even thought about trading him for Rex. Lord knows it's fun to watch a couple white guys succeed at RB, they've got to carry on the torch lit by Toby Gerhart. But I'd rather have our upstanding boy Rex as opposed to an assclown with an attitude problem.

My high school team played against Wehger. Kid could play. But I dont think he would have had the same immediate success at NU that Rex Burkhead did. Also read on an Iowa board that they are thinking about moving Wehger to the slot.

My high school team played against Wehger. Kid could play. But I dont think he would have had the same immediate success at NU that Rex Burkhead did. Also read on an Iowa board that they are thinking about moving Wehger to the slot.

Which is probably why we recruited him as a saftey if I remember right.

Which is probably why we recruited him as a saftey if I remember right.

I think we talked athlete. I expected LB thought instead of S.....could be wrong though.

EZ what high school did you attend?

EZ went to Thomas Jefferson in Council Bluffs.

:yeah

Go Jackets! :)

:yeah

Go Jackets! :)

Pfff the jackets please GO LYNX

• 1 year later...
Iowa hasn't had the best of luck when it comes to running backs the last few years. Whether it has been because of injuries or transfers, the turnover rate on Iowa's running back depth chart has been remarkable. So much so that now it seems that the Hawkeyes may be losing running backs before they're even officially members of the program.

Rodney Coe had signed with Iowa as part of its 2011 recruiting class as a 258-pound running back. Coe failed to qualify academically, though, and instead spent the 2011 season at Iowa Western Community College. He also picked up a few pounds, moving from 258 pounds to 270, which means coaches at Iowa and his junior college are thinking a position change is in order for Coe.

Though if you judge by Coe's Twitter timeline on Monday, it's not a position change he seems willing to make.

Continue Reading

Iowa hasn't had the best of luck when it comes to running backs the last few years. Whether it has been because of injuries or transfers, the turnover rate on Iowa's running back depth chart has been remarkable. So much so that now it seems that the Hawkeyes may be losing running backs before they're even officially members of the program.

Rodney Coe had signed with Iowa as part of its 2011 recruiting class as a 258-pound running back. Coe failed to qualify academically, though, and instead spent the 2011 season at Iowa Western Community College. He also picked up a few pounds, moving from 258 pounds to 270, which means coaches at Iowa and his junior college are thinking a position change is in order for Coe.

Though if you judge by Coe's Twitter timeline on Monday, it's not a position change he seems willing to make.

Continue Reading

Interesting. I heard that many at Iowa would thought he'd be changing positions anyway.