Baseball: Nebraska at OSU Games 1-3

NUOSU1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much to talk about about last night's pathetic showing....Mariot pulls his Jeckyl/Hyde imitation once again. You never know if the good or bad Mariot will show up to take the mound.

The only bright spot was Bailey's Big 12 leading 10th homerun of the year.

Hopefully a better game by the Huskers Saturday afternoon at 2PM.

Mariot kept Nebraska in it as long as he could, 4 runs in 6 innings against OSU in that crappy stadium is good enough. The offense was terrible, loading the bases with 0 outs and scoring 0 runs and going straight off a cliff from there.

I agree the offense was horrid in the 1st.....Keeling really threw some good stuff after that.

When Mariot gets only 1 strikeout in a 108 pitches, he's not helping out his own cause.

Why bring Hauptman in now? Let Roualdes go as long as possible with an 8 run lead.

Because Roualdes isn't exactly our best pitcher..... Hauptman's job is now our 'extended' closer.. he can go three today and turn around and go three tomorrow also.. he's gotta get his work at some point.. i understand we had an 8 run lead, but no reason to even give them a glimpse of hope.

Roualdes dominated OSU last year, they're mostly lefties to my knowledge, I don't know, I don't see why we can't leave him in there.

Roualdes was pitching better in general last year at that time. And they are 6 of 9 lefties in the lineup right now.. Sure you could of left him in there and probably been fine. But what's the point of giving them a chance to get back in the game? Only thing i can think of.

10-run rule OSU tomorrow and let Lemke get another complete game, all is well.

I would love that.

I still wish Adams would of taken the closing role and keeping Hauptman in the rotation.. but if we can get quality starts out of someone other than Mariot and Lemke, then I'm fine with Hauptman at the back end of things.