Player: Savon Huggins

Hometown: Jersey City, NJ

School: St. Peter's Prep

Position: RB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 190

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, Boston College, Duke, Florida, Florida St., Georgia, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Penn St., Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Stanford, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Committed to Rutgers

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#9)

Scout: :star :star :star :star :star (#6)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#4)

Hmmm. I watched the highlight video. Great balance, power, and speed. Honestly, I think Braylon Heard's highlight video is more impressive. Huggins appears to make his moves while stopped or stutter stepping. Heard's jukes are made at full speed and are much more fluid. Also, I don't know if Huggins has elite vision from that highlight clip.

That said, his offer list shows that people who know a heck of a lot more about recruiting than I do are impressed with the kid.

(for the curious, here is a link to Heard's highlight video if you'd like to look at them back to back.

)

I like him... but question...

We only have room for 2RB this year. It's my understanding that NU wants a shifty/speedster and a big power back, yet we've only gone after a couple of big power back guys and a bunch of smaller (under 6' 200lbs) backs. If Green loves us and has had us in his top choices since the beginning, you'd think he'd be talking to the coaches and telling them more about where he stands than Rivals or the fans. You'd think they'd have a better grasp than fans or Rivals on whether UT has really made up ground and he's leaning there now or if we have a good lead, and you'd think that their recruiting emphasis would point one way or the other.

Yet, the coaches keep offering all these guys about the same size as Aaron Green with a similar style of play. What's up with that if we only want one shifty back?! Do you think they know something about him that we don't? I mean I can understand offering a couple or a few more but not 15 or 20 like we have been unless they think they have no one right now and they really want to amp it up to try and connect with some others.

We only have room for 2RB this year. It's my understanding that NU wants a shifty/speedster and a big power back, yet we've only gone after a couple of big power back guys and a bunch of smaller (under 6' 200lbs) backs. If Green loves us and has had us in his top choices since the beginning, you'd think he'd be talking to the coaches and telling them more about where he stands than Rivals or the fans. You'd think they'd have a better grasp than fans or Rivals on whether UT has really made up ground and he's leaning there now or if we have a good lead, and you'd think that their recruiting emphasis would point one way or the other.

Yet, the coaches keep offering all these guys about the same size as Aaron Green with a similar style of play. What's up with that if we only want one shifty back?! Do you think they know something about him that we don't? I mean I can understand offering a couple or a few more but not 15 or 20 like we have been unless they think they have no one right now and they really want to amp it up to try and connect with some others.

I wouldn't put too much stock in this.. I think if both this kid and Green want in, they're in... Also we seem to blanket offer every position.. Could be some cause for concern with Green, but I don't think it's anything too serious yet

Yes. The coaches do know something we don't know.

Yes. The coaches do know something we don't know.

They must have inside information. ;):sarcasm

its about getting the guys that want to play for NU and not putting all of your eggs in one basket. Sure maybe Green will be all about playing for NU in February but we need people that are ready to stick with their commits over the longhaul and arent going to decommit come December. All of that plus: the fact that we have to offer multiple recruits just in case one falls through the cracks, you cant just expect a kid that has not committed to be 100% sure that he is going to be leaning towards NU come February, you have to go forward assuming that he will NOT be a commit no matter what you truly think will happen....

Heard some grumblings awhile back that the staff is considering redshirting Tray this season because we really have something special in Braylon Heard to be honest. But with that said we wont need another thumper back until 2012.

Heard some grumblings awhile back that the staff is considering redshirting Tray this season because we really have something special in Braylon Heard to be honest. But with that said we wont need another thumper back until 2012.

Assuming we can get Heard qualified . . . which is far from a sure thing at this point. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!