Howdy All...Let's Talk Some Football

Aaron5

Really? It was great to see Joe Dailey toss the ball 35-45 times when even a 5 year old knew his arm and accuracy weren't up to the task. I know where the West Coast Offense came from and I liken what Nebraska runs to a Fun N Gun all glitz no guts.

If there was some sort of power running game within this offense, I may have a change of heart, but from what was seen last year, not running plays to fit your team is ridiculous.

You call it hogwash, I call it tradition. 40 years without a losing record all for the glory of recruiting. You may be right, I don't know players or coaches personally, so I shouldn't speak if they are or aren't disappointed in 2004. I will speak for myself as an alum of UNL and a life long fan, pure and utterly embarassing.

Where were all these people to support Frank when he went under .500. That's right he didn't.

Tradition was also being ranked in the top 25 for a record number of weeks, from 1983 to 2002. Or winning 9 games or more for a record number of years. See, Frank broke some really meaningful records as well.

C'mon people, Frank's gone, so is Dollar Bill. The glass is half empty for some, half full for most. Let's get these games under way already!

Really?  It was great to see Joe Dailey toss the ball 35-45 times when even a 5 year old knew his arm and accuracy weren't up to the task.  I know where the West Coast Offense came from and I liken what Nebraska runs to a Fun N Gun all glitz no guts.

If there was some sort of power running game within this offense, I may have a change of heart, but from what was seen last year, not running plays to fit your team is ridiculous. 

You call it hogwash, I call it tradition.  40 years without a losing record all for the glory of recruiting.  You may be right, I don't know players or coaches personally, so I shouldn't speak if they are or aren't disappointed in 2004.  I will speak for myself as an alum of UNL and a life long fan, pure and utterly embarassing.

Where were all these people to support Frank when he went under .500.  That's right he didn't.

Tradition was also being ranked in the top 25 for a record number of weeks, from 1983 to 2002. Or winning 9 games or more for a record number of years. See, Frank broke some really meaningful records as well.

C'mon people, Frank's gone, so is Dollar Bill. The glass is half empty for some, half full for most. Let's get these games under way already!

Thank you.

This thread can be looked as a summary of most every thread here last year about mid season. It's getting a little long in the tooth.

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL.

[quote name=

C'mon people' date=' Frank's gone, so is Dollar Bill. The glass is half empty for some, half full for most. Let's get these games under way already! [/quote]

The Glass is Completely full. Just look we are going to be better on special teams by far. Even if we only get 1 yard per return. :cheers

I mean, it's just great that Taylor can put up big numbers against our reserves, but these other teams that we play might just put some scholarship players out on the field...

Reserves? Did you even read who actually played what sides of the ball in the spring game?

For your reading pleasure:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=21204

I'm not saying it was the best thing he'll face, but it's not like they took kids out of the crowd and suited them up.

Reading up on topics is the best way to actually know what's going on instead of assuming everything.

:yeah just a reminder Frank was fired AND THEN Bill was hired

I don't think BC had a stocked cupboard as some have suggested but it wasn't bare either. But the ones that were big 12 material had a (bad) attitude toward the new coaches. Thank goodness last year is over and done so hopfully we can move foward this year and the years to come GBR

:cheers

ps : all of you frank lovers go to ohio u .com (thats where you can find him)