***Official Discussion Thread***

Unless I missed it, I think this is a Huskerboard original. No rules, no regs. No right or wrong. It can be answered from any perspective. It's the most personal but collective, simple and intricate, subtle and complex question that I know of––with the exception of maybe one other.

What is the meaning of life?

Come, let us reason together. (And nobody say 42!)

Ok, i'll probably catch unending amounts of hell for this, but...

First of all, I am native american. Lakota to be exact, one of the seven bands. We're also known as Sioux.

In the past few years, I've noticed that those of the "eurocentric" (didn't want to say "white" and start a race riot) mindset have to have an answer for everything. Somethings in life just weren't meant to be figured out. Not too mention, don't we have enough to worry about with out adding more to our "plate".

Something that could even be more sad, is the fact that, no doubt this topic will cause arguements.

So i'll put it as simply as I can, we're here because we are here.

• Fire 2

The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

And I've lived twice as long as I ever wanted to.

"Life is full of obstacle illusions. To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in CornHusker Football!!"

42?

Hitchhiker's guide to the Universe?

I respect that, but in that case I would love to know what your personal reason for living is. What have you decided is the reason you are here?

42?

Indeed.

:moreinteresting

Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time.

The Meaning Of Life...The reason that we're all here is that it was too crowded where we were supposed to go.

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted

How young can you die of old age?

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it.

You can't have everything. Where would you put it .

It's a small World...But I wouldn't want to paint it.

If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.

If God dropped acid, would he see people?

I have the worlds largest seashell collection. You may have seen it, I keep it spread out on beaches all over the world.

They say the sun never sets over the British Empire, but it rises every morning. The sky must get awfully crowded.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Steven Wright.

Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
Rote repeated by Navin R. Johnson (Steve Martin) in "The Jerk" as he was leaving his family for the first time.

First of all, I am native american. Lakota to be exact, one of the seven bands. We're also known as Sioux.

In the past few years, I've noticed that those of the "eurocentric" (didn't want to say "white" and start a race riot) mindset have to have an answer for everything. Somethings in life just weren't meant to be figured out. Not too mention, don't we have enough to worry about with out adding more to our "plate".

Something that could even be more sad, is the fact that, no doubt this topic will cause arguements.

Wondering about the meaning of life or any other kind of philosophy has nothing to do with skin color or geography. Once you have food on your table, a roof over your head, and the phone bill is paid, people start to wonder about other things.

I respect that, but in that case I would love to know what your personal reason for living is. What have you decided is the reason you are here?

42?

Indeed.

I live because I'm not dead yet.

42?

Indeed.

I live because I'm not dead yet.

Exactly.

I will say this; I think there is some truth to this. I think a lot of it has to do with culture. White peoples' culture comes from Western philosophy. A lot of our philosophy comes from the Enlightenment movement. The general idea of this was to find an answer to all things that can be explained empirically. It goes back even further than that, but this is probably the last, great factor that affected our outlook on life. In that way it's just in our nature to want to find an answer to all things unexplained. Personally, I gave up on finding the meaning of life a long time ago. Like I said, I live because I'm not dead yet. There's nothing more to it than that.

Reason i'm here? My Mom and Dad, in the summer of 1972, got busy at a bowling tourney in Belle Fourche, SD.....

• 3 weeks later...