Post-Creighton game crickets in here?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding the Nebraska-Creighton game. Is everyone as perturbed as I am?

In my opinion, that was just a poor showing, all around. With a few exceptions, probably the worst game this season - and we shouldn't be having games like that this far along. Not against a team like Creighton.

3 errors. 2 dropped routine fly balls, one booted routine ground ball.

11 hits (mostly in the 3rd). 1 hit in innings 4-9. Against Creighton.

Poor hitting; putrid pitching. The only bright spot was Hauptman's showing.

Sorry to get back into "downer" mode.

Thoughts? (not on my cynicism, thank you)

moe being a realist can never be confused with being a downer. NU, like all of this season, stunk up the joint last night.

Starting this weekend they can win 90% of their remaining games. Can they do this? Without question. Will they? That remains to be seen. It's all on the team from here on out.

All they need to so is get the bats off of their shoulders, hit the ball, stop making stupid errors, throw strikes all the while mixing up their pitches, and play like a Husker (under VanHorn)

At worst NU should win this weekends series against K-State. If they don't - then a change in Lincoln is an immediate must.

moe being a realist can never be confused with being a downer. NU, like all of this season, stunk up the joint last night.

Starting this weekend they can win 90% of their remaining games. Can they do this? Without question. Will they? That remains to be seen. It's all on the team from here on out.

All they need to so is get the bats off of their shoulders, hit the ball, stop making stupid errors, throw strikes all the while mixing up their pitches, and play like a Husker (under VanHorn)

At worst NU should win this weekends series against K-State. If they don't - then a change in Lincoln is an immediate must.

Kansas State swept Oklahoma State a couple weekends ago. Granted, it was in Manhattan - we still could take only 1 of 3 from them here. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, KSU is a good team this year. As is Kansas.

At best, we take 1 game from KSU this weekend. Of course we could sweep as well. But that would be a fluke. I could also die in a freak blimp accident, but it isn't likely.

An "educated" guess would say we win 1 at best, barring some sort of miracle. The only remaining series I can see us taking (not sweeping) from here on out, are SEMO, Texas Tech, and Missouri. Possible, yes. Probable? No.

Took my daughter to the game last night, our first one. Even though it was a loss was well worth the 2 hour trip there. Next game I better check the Lincoln weather. It was 75 and sunny when we left Red Oak. We both froze our asses off wont do shorts and a tshirt again in April lol. She spent half the game huddled in the bath room.

I was willing to give them a break early in the year, it was a harsh winter, etc. etc. The excuses are gone, this team played like crap and is as inconsistent as they were last year without the draft to blame. The team is much more talented then the record would indicate. I don't like revolving door coaching situations, but Anderson is doing progressively less with more :wtf

I was willing to give them a break early in the year, it was a harsh winter, etc. etc. The excuses are gone, this team played like crap and is as inconsistent as they were last year without the draft to blame. The team is much more talented then the record would indicate. I don't like revolving door coaching situations, but Anderson is doing progressively less with more :wtf

You and me both, man. You and me both. I'm sure that someone will say, "well, it's only the first year that we weren't affected by the draft..." B.S., in my opinion.

Pitching is atrocious. Hitting is so-so...but only 'good' when the game isn't on the line it seems.

The one thing that bothers me most is the amount of mental mistakes. I just don't think we should be dropping routine fly balls when the wind really shouldn't have been a factor. I'm rambling now.

I would only hope that he (Anderson) is, at the very least, under some scrutiny via the athletic department.

I'm one of those willing to cut Anderson some slack, but I won't do it forever. My reasoning still somewhat includes the draft from 2 years ago even though that exuse is wearing thin. Currently, I'm wondering about our pitching coach's ability to develop the talent we do have in the younger players. I would think by this point in the season you should be seeing some consistency from them. What irks me the most is the fact that Lemke can be great except when we are in the 2nd inning at an away series playing against good competition. He has folded every single time, but when it's at home (OU series) he can play lights out. I give Anderson some slack because I used to go to at least 2 NU baseball camps every year when I was in my prime (back and Sander's era....yeah I'm getting older) and he was my favorite coach to listen to and learn from. He does have a great ability to teach and understands the game exceptionally well, so my first finger points at the pitching coach. I do realize how hard it is for us to rebuild like this since we don't have the talent pool that all the south teams have. However, I don't like to see us getting throttled by Creighton and play without emotion once they decide the game is over. On a lighter note, I am excited that 5 more games will be televised on CBS College Sports so I can watch instead of listen online.

Word on the street, though, is that Anderson is such a crippling micromanager, Eric Newman is about ready to quit because he's sick of not being allowed to do his job the way he'd like. I've heard Anderson at the Home Run Clubs season previews several times, he's cool in public, but behind the scenes he sounds insufferable, which is why a good number of players have quit the team/been excused over his career (I don't blame him for the Wehrle situation, however, and since that happened the team's GPA has improved, much to Coach's credit.)