Shake Up

If I did this right, Link here

Doc's not going anywhere. Right or wrong, we all knew that T.O. would be keeping him around. However, Doc has realized some things need to change and has said there may be changes made to his staff. A few weeks ago I browsed through some coaching profiles on assistants at NU compared to assistants at Baylor and KSU. I'm not going to say NU's was terrible, but it did seem a little lacking comparatively - most notably it was missing a young, up-and-coming, hot (AAU/High School/JuCO/Small College/Big College Assistant) member. I'd say their best is Phil Mathews who had quite a bit of success at a small college, but no one really jumped off the page.

I want to know if anyone thinks Doc can find that up-and-comer or that tremendous recruiter, or even better yet someone who can develop OFFENSIVE SKILLS to go with a stout defense. Personally, I think he'll replace a nobody with another nobody (pains me dearly to say that, but I just don't see him getting anyone worth while to come). I'm hoping, though, that he can bring in either a recruiter that will push the envelope (don't tell Tom) or a guy that is well known for his ability to work with offensive abilities.

So to the three people that are actually reading basketball blogs during spring football, I ask: will there be a shake up? Who stays who goes/ who can Doc bring in? Will it help?

My guess is there is a little bit of a shake-up and he does find a young, about 26 year old, who has good people skills and knows how to talk to people and finds at least one 3 star high school recruit and gets him to commit. If that happens I would be happy and call it a good move already.

My guess is there is a little bit of a shake-up and he does find a young, about 26 year old, who has good people skills and knows how to talk to people and finds at least one 3 star high school recruit and gets him to commit. If that happens I would be happy and call it a good move already.

Yes, that should be top priority. Hiring a staff that can recruit. Until we do that we will continue to suck.