***European Soccer Thread***

Ibrahimovic Update: Barca & Milan Still Negotiating

After a 2 hour meeting between Sandro Rosell (President of Barcelona), Adriano Galliani (President of AC Milan) and Mino Raiola (Ibra's agent), there still remains no agreement between the 2 sides. The Italian club's president and Ibrahimovic's agent arrived in the same car to the offices of the Nou Camp shortly before noon, the time of the meeting. Rosell was waiting inside for them. After the meeting, Galliani spoke to the press.

"The player wants to go to Milan and Barca want to sell but the transfer is very difficult because of the Swede's salary. They know what we want and we know what they want. There is no agreement yet and we will continue talking."

They are scheduled to meet again tomorrow to hammer out a deal for a permanent transfer, not a loan, which had been recently thrown around by the Spanish press.

Liverpool Reach Deal With Barcelona Over Mascherano

"Liverpool Football Club have agreed terms for the transfer of Javier Mascherano to FC Barcelona," the statement on Liverpool's official website reads.

"The Spanish club have now been given permission to speak to the Argentina midfielder."

Barcelona also confirmed the agreement on their official website: "FC Barcelona and Liverpool FC have reached agreement in principle for the transfer of Javier Mascherano, who will join the club for the next four seasons."

"FC Barcelona will give more details of the operation once the player has gone through his medical and the transfer is definitive. Javier Mascherano is expected to arrive in Barcelona this weekend. "

The deal is rumored to be worth $21 million with 2-3 million in additional bonuses.

Massimiliano Allegri Confirms Ibra Will Join Milan

"There has been a phone call, it was informative. He told me he would be really happy to come. We will see if the club can complete our attack which is already strong," Allegri told Sky Sports.

"I am faithful for this operation because we are all convinced he is an important player who would make us make the step up in quality and he will complete our front line."

"It was a courtesy call to get to know each other."

"He is a champion player. The more champions we have, the easier it is to win games. We have one of the strongest attacks in Europe."

"I think that with Ibrahimovic we will have technique and goals and we can get closer to Inter. To get results we need an important squad."

Sky Sports is also reporting Raiola and Galliani will hold a second meeting with the striker tonight where they will finalize the details of the contract.

Games This Weekend:

Saturday

4:45 Arsenal/Blackburn ESPN 2

7:00 Chelsea/Stoke Fox Soccer Plus

9:30 Man United/West Ham Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday

7:00 Liverpool/West Bromwich not on tv

7:00 Man City/Sunderland not on tv

10:00 Barcelona/Racing Santander ESPN Deportes

12:00 Real Madrid/Mallorca Goltv

Monday

11:45 Inter/Bologna Fox Soccer Channel

"There has been a phone call, it was informative. He told me he would be really happy to come. We will see if the club can complete our attack which is already strong," Allegri told Sky Sports.

"I am faithful for this operation because we are all convinced he is an important player who would make us make the step up in quality and he will complete our front line."

"He is a champion player. The more champions we have, the easier it is to win games. We have one of the strongest attacks in Europe."

"I think that with Ibrahimovic we will have technique and goals and we can get closer to Inter. To get results we need an important squad."

Sky Sports is also reporting Raiola and Galliani will hold a second meeting with the striker tonight where they will finalize the details of the contract.

Yessss!!!!

Now just another defender or two!

Yessss!!!!

Now just another defender or two!

Well now I've heard that they are also courting Robinho if the Ibra deal falls through...personally I'd rather them have that order switched. Robinho first, Ibra if it falls through.

I'd be fine with either though...

Games This Weekend:

Saturday

4:45 Arsenal/Blackburn ESPN 2

7:00 Chelsea/Stoke Fox Soccer Plus

9:30 Man United/West Ham Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday

7:00 Liverpool/West Bromwich not on tv

7:00 Man City/Sunderland not on tv

10:00 Barcelona/Racing Santander ESPN Deportes

12:00 Real Madrid/Mallorca Goltv

Monday

11:45 Inter/Bologna Fox Soccer Channel

What time zone are you using?

Liverpool Sign Porto's Raul Meireles To 4 Year Deal

Here's a statement from their official website: "Liverpool have completed the signing of Portuguese midfielder Raul Meireles on a four-year contract. The Reds have paid 14 million euros for the services of the 27-year-old midfielder, who has won four titles with Porto and been capped 38 times by Portugal, including in all four of his country's games in this summer's World Cup."

Meireles will be replacing Javier Mascherano, who agreed to terms with Barcelona today.

OFFICIAL: Ibra Joins AC Milan

A statement on AC Milan's official website reads:

" A.C. Milan announces the acquisition of the player Zlatan Ibrahimovic from F.C. Barcelona, through a free loan with the option to purchase the athlete’s playing rights for € 24 million at the end of the season 2010-2011. The Swedish champion will go through the medical exams tomorrow morning, before signing the contract that will tie him to the Rossoneri club for four years. "

Adriano Galliani also confirmed the figures of the deal and how Milan have obtained the player.

He told the press in Barcelona: "Yes we have defined the acquisition on loan with right to buy at €24m. The player will sign his contract on Monday."

"That is the figure we will pay over three years of €8m. I want to thank all of Milan and Silvio Berlusconi who made a big effort for this operation."

Real Madrid Stutter To A 0-0 Draw With Mallorca

an absolute snoozefest, save a few moments. On a more important note, Van der Vaart was left off the roster. It's been rumored Van der Vaart is going to Bayern Munich to fill in for the injured Robben who could be out for the rest of the year as he struggles to recover from a thigh injury he picked up during the World Cup.