***European Soccer Thread***

Official: Borriello Joins AS Roma

Marco Borriello is a Roma player after agreeing to join the club on loan from Milan.

The striker arrives in Rome after he rejected a loan move to Juventus earlier. He made clear only a permanent deal would see him leave the Rossoneri.

But Milan confirmed the deal is a loan, with Roma having the right to purchase the player.

A statement on Milan's official website reads:

"AC Milan communicate to have given Roma Marco Borriello on a temporary basis."

Official: AC Milan Sign Robinho

A statement on their official website reads: "AC Milan communicates it has acquired the player Robinho, outright from Manchester City. The Brazilian has signed a contract with the Rossoneri club for four years."

Robinho has successfully undergone a medical and the Rossoneri will reportedly pay in the region of $15 million for his services, although the fee was unannounced at the time of the signing.

Love it. Got Robinho and Ibra for a total of 39 mil euro, when last year they were acquired for near a 100 if i remember correctly?

I was hoping Milan would get Grosso as it was planned too, but that fell through. At least there is no more Kaladze!!

Official: Schalke Sign Klaas-Jan Huntelaar From Milan

A statement on Milan's official website reads:

"AC Milan announces that it has sold FC Schalke 04 the sporting rights of the player Klaas-Jan Huntelaar."

Earlier, the forward had told his own website, "It is true I never wanted to leave Milan but that changed when Ibrahimovic came."

It's being reported the two clubs agreed on a $13 million deal but neither Milan nor Schalke have confirmed it.

Tottenham Sign Van der Vaart

According to Spanish newspaper Marca, Real Madrid have sold Dutch midfielder Rafael Van der Vaart to English club Tottenham for around $10 million. Both clubs are waiting for the Premier League to validate the signing and make it official as the deal went right down to the transfer window deadline.

Puyol Out 3 Weeks With Thigh Injury

Barcelona defender Carles Puyol could be sidelined up to 3 weeks after rupturing a thigh muscle in his left leg.

The Blaugrana captain was expected to start the club’s opening league match of the season against Racing in Santander, but the Spaniard pulled up lame during warm-ups and had to be replaced by Gerard Pique.

Tottenham/Madrid Still Waiting For Premier League To Confirm Van der Vaart Deal

ESPN: "The Premier League are understood to be investigating what Spurs claim were difficulties involving computer servers used in the transaction between themselves and Real, which hindered their attempts to submit the relevant paperwork on time. The club have asked for special dispensation for the transfer to be ratified.

However, Van der Vaart has already spoken of his delight at agreeing a deal worth $11 million over four years and is ready to test himself in the Premier League.

"Four years at Spurs, for $11 million, I can hardly believe it myself," Van der Vaart told De Telegraaf. "It's a pity I cannot now play against Ajax in the Champions League but I will get to face FC Twente."

The Premier League are expected to rule on any delayed dealings by 15.00 BST on Wednesday ahead of the 17.00 BST deadline for clubs to announce their 25-man squads for the season."

Van der Vaart: Wife's Illness Kept Me At Real Madrid

Speaking to Spanish newspaper Marca, the Dutch midfielder said Madrid wanted him to leave at the beginning of last season. But Van der Vaart shot down all offers on the account of his wife receiving treatment for breast cancer at Clinica Quiron.

"She had a very serious illness and it is true that she had to be treated at Clinica Quiron. Last season, they wanted me to leave but I couldn't leave for that reason. Now she is well and the only thing that happened was that Madrid wanted to sell and I wanted to get back to enjoying playing football, and Tottenham are a great team that are going to give me the football opportunities that I need."

Fabregas: Barca Did Everything They Could To Sign Me

"Barcelona made every effort to sign me, but Arsenal had told me to stay, which in no way was I going to refuse, and in the end I had to stay," Cesc recently told Público, a Spanish newspaper.

"What happens in the future? We'll see," he added. "I do not think of anything because if I think of the future it would not let me focus on the present and I would have a bad year."

Kuyt Injures Shoulder; Out For Several Weeks

According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, Kuyt was forced to stop training after sustaining a shoulder injury. The Liverpool star could reportedly be sidelined for several weeks. Kuyt was with the Netherlands national team preparing for the Euro 2012 qualifier at home against Finland on Tuesday.

Van der Vaart: Bayern Never Wanted Me

In an interview with Sky Sports, the Dutch midfielder said: "Liverpool were interested; Bayern were never interested. But you have to have a good feeling and this manager gave me a good feeling, so I am really happy to be going to Spurs. They (Dutch teammates) were telling me that I should come to England; now I am going to be playing in England and I am very proud. I am going to be playing against Dirk Kuyt, Nigel de Jong, Johnny Heitinga, so it's good."

Barcelona, Real Madrid Monitoring Navas Situation

According to Spanish radio station Cadena SER, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have been in direct contact with Navas’ agent to assess the likelihood that the player would consider a move away from Sevilla.

The offer on the table to Navas is likely to be considerably larger than any contract Sevilla would be able to offer. The 24 year old striker has been a member of the club since 2000 when he joined their youth ranks.

Torres Makes Pledge To Liverpool Fans

Spanish striker Fernando Torres recently told Liverpool's official website: "The recuperation is perfect and we have waited our time. I am still not 100 per cent, but the people will soon see the best Torres. Each time I am recuperating sensations and I hope to obtain success with Liverpool this season."

Torres scored 2 goals in Spain's 4-0 thrashing of Liechtenstein in a Euro 2012 qualifier Friday.

Kuyt Out For A Month With Shoulder Injury

A statement on the club's official website reads: "Dirk Kuyt will be out of action for four weeks with a shoulder injury, Liverpool Football Club can confirm. The club's medical team examined the Dutchman following his early return from international duty yesterday. Dirk has damaged his shoulder at the A-C joint, which is between the collar bone and the shoulder. He is likely to be out for four weeks."