Where do we go from here?

:rolleyes: So what are the chances we make the Big 12 Tournament at end of the year? :angry:

I am really really feeling ambivalent about this team. I hope they win but expect them to lose! I suspect many feel the same way! I can not believe how far we have dropped.

I know Havoc will beat me for these commments but it is true for me> :duel

:rolleyes: So what are the chances we make the Big 12 Tournament at end of the year? :angry:

I am really really feeling ambivalent about this team. I hope they win but expect them to lose! I suspect many feel the same way! I can not believe how far we have dropped.

I know Havoc will beat me for these commments but it is true for me> :duel

Where do we go from here? Probably down? :dunno

What's funny (not "ha-ha" funny) is that we'll probably win just enough. Just enough for no changes to be made, but enough for some to say, "I saw glimpses of good play out of the 2010 team."

I would like to think that if we finish below .500 for the second consecutive season, red flags are raised in the minds of many.

I mean, we had our asses handed to us at home against Creighton. Creighton then went on to get swept by Illinois State last weekend.

As far as Big 12 chances, if the seedings were to be done today, we would be the 8th and final team. We're 4-8 (16-16 overall) in Big 12 play, while Missouri (18-13) and Oklahoma State (18-12) are both 3-6 in conference play. It should be important to note that OSU took 2-3 from us...making the upcoming Missouri series in Columbia rather important.

I think however, that with Kansas, Baylor, Texas A & M, and Texas Tech all left on our schedule...it's looking bleak. I think from here on out, we're battling OSU and Missouri for the cellar-dweller position. :ahhhhhhhh

Probably lucky to finish above .500 this year. This would be an improvement, but not true to the capabilities of this team. Our problem has and will be pitching. We have had flashes of greatness here and there. Unless some miracle occurs and a fire is lit under some arses, we will most likely be done very early this year. Even playing in the conference tourney would help tremendously with experience and my biggest hope is that we can put some of these flashes into something more consistent.

However, after just watching the majority of the WSU game this evening I must say that was about the most complete game we've had this year besides Lemke's lights out against OU. Even the pinch hitters at the end were getting some good contact. All 3 pitchers did very well and I hope to see more of them this season. Bring that same game x 3 this weekend!!

However, after just watching the majority of the WSU game this evening I must say that was about the most complete game we've had this year besides Lemke's lights out against OU. Even the pinch hitters at the end were getting some good contact. All 3 pitchers did very well and I hope to see more of them this season. Bring that same game x 3 this weekend!!

NU's 14 - 0 win this evening is most puzzling.

This team isn't going very far. Pitching is killing them.

Scoring 1 run on a Sunday game against an average Kansas team does not speak well for the hitting. But they scored 11 on a Friday night. . .

There is no problem that can be narrowed down to any singular aspect of Nebraska's baseball team. Now that we're in mid April and approaching May, it is clear that the team has regressed and is incapable of putting it all together for any extended period of time (and by extended period of time I mean 3-4 games in a row.) Pitchers will throw a great game and keep us in it, but the batters will do nothing. The batters will put up 8 or more runs but the pitchers will give up double digits. And occasionally, neither facet will show up and the 10-run rule rears its ugly head. The team is entirely inconsistent and that goes back to the head coach who after 7 years in charge I fear will not recognize that his current methods have dragged the program from the top of the Big 12 to dead last.

This has to be coaching. How else do you explain it? As HuskersNC949597 was saying, one game it's the pitching and the next game it's the hitting. The inconsistency is ridiculous. What really bothers me is that ol' Mike is always quick to mention the pitching but seldom mentions troubles with the bats (when he does, he almost always says "our stats are great, it's just timing," guess what coach, timing is the name of the game). A real head coach, IMO, takes a season like this and places it solely on himself... as far as I've heard/read he has never done that. I hate to see them lose, but honestly, if they're gonna continue to drop this many games they may as well drop enough to get their coach fired. I really hope they pull it out and get hot, but realistically I don't see anyway that happens.

Can't watch this Creighton game without hoping Mike Anderson gets fired shortly after it ends, even if Nebraska's hitters find a way to bring the team back. Anderson loves to talk about pitching and defense, yet (allegedly) micromanages the two coaches who are in charge of those aspects, and we see the results. Walks, HBPs, wild pitches, 7 unanswered runs. And this is exactly what happened last year. It's stupid.

Can't watch this Creighton game without hoping Mike Anderson gets fired shortly after it ends, even if Nebraska's hitters find a way to bring the team back. Anderson loves to talk about pitching and defense, yet (allegedly) micromanages the two coaches who are in charge of those aspects, and we see the results. Walks, HBPs, wild pitches, 7 unanswered runs. And this is exactly what happened last year. It's stupid.

Anderson better be gone at the end of the year!!!

I just watched the news and saw NU lost 8 - 5. Anderson needs to go and T.O. has to hire the best there is. No excuses!

I just watched the news and saw NU lost 8 - 5. Anderson needs to go and T.O. has to hire the best there is. No excuses!

Saw it on the news? Vince, don't you have a radio or TV? You had to see the team piss away the game in real time to appreciate it.

Saw it on the news? Vince, don't you have a radio or TV? You had to see the team piss away the game in real time to appreciate it.

Agreed. It was soooo much more embarassing on TV.

I was at the game, and wow.... Never seen a team blow that lead. Can our pitchers not throw strikes?

Usually I watch/ listen to the games. However last night I had a function at our daughters school which prevented me from doing either. Sounds like I didn't miss much.