S Aaryn Bouzos

Nexus

Just watching video and doing some research, I'm not going to say that I don't have concerns about this kid. That being said, I would guess that whatever division he plays in is more competitive than Nebraska class C-1. Crick didn't dominate each and every game and he is doing pretty well for himself in big-boy college football. From friends in the Sutton area, they say that Schoff is a bit soft and he will likely be the highest rated 2012 Nebraska kid. Andrew Rodriguez was called lazy and he was highly rated and heavily recruited (and held his own against the best players in the country in the Army all-American game).

As for offers, sometimes kids just fly under the radar. Zach Domicone had no big offers much later in the recruiting season than this. Nebraska offered, then Oklahoma, and he ended up at Ohio State. I don't think Sam Acho had a major offer until the end of the summer. Nebraska offered, then USC, and he is making quite the name for himself as a Longhorn.

As for Davie, I hope he gets an offer. I'm sure if Bouzos was from Nebraska, there would be a lot of gnashing of teeth by some of the local skeptics. Maybe it is just human nature to question the kids that you know best.

I also think Aaryn is being recruited specifically to play the peso, and not a traditional safety position. His 4.5 was actually electronically timed (I think it was a 4.53 or 4.57). People get tired of hearing "trust the coaches", but they see things in kids that those of us with untrained eyes do not. Only time will tell.

Word is that after his camp performance interest was picking-up quite quickly on Bouzos with Arizona, UCLA, and ND getting into the mix. I think if the kid left himself on the market longer and hit the summer-circuit he'd have accrued a pretty decent offer-list.

You might be right with the Peso stuff. I have heard he could play both CB or S. His size makes me think CB but the way he hits and attacks the run makes me think S.

Looks like a kid who will earn his scholarship. If nothing else, he looks like a guy who will play 3+ years on special teams. With his enthusiastic hitting and blocking, he will end up on both coverage and return units. That will be about 20 plays a game. That's more than some of our scholarship guys have played. dedhoarse

Need to cut the guy a little slack.

Hes going to be pretty good, Oregon, Arizona, and UCLA were all close to offering. Also Notre Dame and Oklahoma were getting more involved with him. Hes legit and a very physical player. Can play corner or safety.

This is a great job by the staff targeting him early on and getting a commit. Within a month or so he would have had a lot more offers since he light up a recent camp he was at.

You misunderstood. Without ever saying he won't make it as a position player, I've put him on the field for 3 or more years for a significant contribution. That is more than I've said about any other recruit while a member of this board. Actually, I should probably rein myself in a little. :cowbell:

I didnt see D1 talent cause they got killed by a team who got only had one legitimate d1 player. i mean how hard is that to understand? im only saying all this because unlike any of you i see who these guys play and know what type of players play here. nebraska offered him and thats why he's getting looked at..its the same old story. when lazarri got offered, all of the sudden every coach felt like a genius and looked at him but it was too late. My first impression is that our coaches didnt do their homework and didnt look at the fine print. they saw hard hitter from california...didnt see that this kid plays in a terrible division, finally played a team in a higher division and got smoked and got thrown all over. i mean cmon if you knew what i knew, how could you not have doubt? and about their conference in california....its a joke. to even downplay it by saying its not the top is a joke. sorry to break your heart on that one. the fact is, there are plenty of safeties who are worthy of a scholarship and have fewer question marks and this is what we get. kinda disapointed but then again im not on the coaching staff. most of you guys sound like you are or know so much cause none of you guys are asking questions or seem to care cause whatever the coaching staff does is correct. in my opinion thats very closed minded and ignorant. i cant speak for any kid in any other state because i dont live their but this guy is in my backyard and that gives me the edge. but if this kid gets offered then why not thatDaniel Davie kid in nebraska? hes way faster than this kid and has better measurables. but wait cause nebraska's perception is that they dont have legitimate d1 talent throughout the state and you cannot project those kids..well in division 5 and lower in california, its the same way..the talent level drops quickly and with that offer to be thrown out so quickly told me they didnt evaluate every aspect.

you are not evaluating the correct aspects of recruiting.

YOU DO NOT RECRUIT MANY PLAYERS THAT ARE GOING TO WALK ONTO CAMPUS AND START ON DEFENSE DURING THEIR FIRST PRACTICE!

i understand what you are saying about him not looking like a D1 safety to YOU but do you honestly think that you know more about playing the safety position than does the staff and The University of Nebraska? imma answer that one for you: no you do not. typically players are not at optimal size coming out of high school. players also do not usually even have all of the fundamentals down coming out of high school.

you cannot expect a 5 star recruit from every one of our 20 or so recruits each year and to do so is as you say "ignorant".

if you want all 4 and 5 star players then by all means start following Texas, USC, or Florida because im sure they will do it for ya!!

Ok Bo Pelini? how do you evaluate talent. cause i guess getting thrown on by a better team with less d1 talent is not apart of the process? yes he's only one guy but besides the hit, he did nothing. top dogs show up every game. and thank you for putting words in my mouth cause everything you said that you implied coming out of my mouth didnt. as far as the size goes, i didnt say he had no size, i mean he's no corey cooper but hes not off by a lot. and next time when you mention three teams to compare nebraska with, dont choose the teams that have won 5 out of the last ten national championships, you only made my point, so actually thanks :)

me thinks you need to work on your reading comprehension skills before i will continue to chat with you. (ie. didnt compare nebraska to anyone. re-read.)

haha read your last sentence.."if you want all 4 and 5 star players then by all means start following Texas, USC, or Florida because im sure they will do it for ya!!" Using three other teams in your argument, automatically makes you comparing them. You're referring Nebraska does not get the 4-5 star players those teams do. which is COMPARING. all your argument did was was strengthen mine, you brought up the last 5 national champions besides LSU.

ok fine. however i am not comparing them the way that you imply.

i see absolutely no way that i strengthened your argument. in fact i would contend that your argument is severely flawed.

the following is a diagram of how you think:

Troll%27s%20Brain%20and%20memory.gif

i didnt even take the time to even read what you posted up there cause its sad. but are you serious? i mean really? you have no idea how you have strengthened my argument?? well. you implied that nebraska doesnt need to recruit like Texas,Florida, or USC by saying to go follow them if you want 4-5 stars. well it turns out those teams have been the most dominant in this decade because of all that great recruiting. So even though you didnt realize it, you did, big time. thanks.

Vince you really think the only reason they do so well is because they recruit 4-5 star players? Do you really think Kiffin is going to go into USC and dominate the way Caroll did? No way. Yeah recruiting really helps a lot. Get good talent and its easier to be good, but look at Callahan. He had great recruiting and yet couldn't coach. Look at Kiffin at Tennessee. Obviously he didn't wait around long enough to use his recruits, but Tennessee didn't have bad players and yet he couldn't coach them worth a darn. Rick Nieuhisel (spell?) at UCLA. He has always been a great recruiter, but can't coach... want proof look at what he did to Colorado and what he is about to do to UCLA. A couple great classes for him so far, but I am willing to be he coaches those kids into losing seasons and probably NCAA sanctions because of how he recruited them there. My point being you don't have to have 4-5 star recruits all the time to win. It really helps, but in the end the coaching is what gets the job done.

Ok i think you're missing the point again. We havent won anything. We could use more 4-5 star players and now is the time to get them because we are on their radar, im not saying it has to be all filled up with all americans. Callahan couldnt do anything with the players but he sure as hell set up bo and staff nicely, if you really look at it, Bill brought in a lot of studs. Just couldnt do much with them. and the fact that Bo can do somehting with them, makes it more exciting and speeds up the process if he can get high caliber prospects

Scout placed a 2 star ranking on Aaryn. :ahhhhhhhh:sarcasm

As we know Scout doesn't know anything and this is an initial ranking so they don't look stupid for having a kid at a major university not ranked yet. He will be fully evaluated later and get his third star, but I would be surprised if he went higher than that without some great camp outings and senior year. Plus if other schools offer him despite his committment that would push him up, but if he is truly committed he will tell them he is not interested and those will never show.

Only bad thing about committing early is you don't build offers and you keep your stars lower. Meh, its scout so don't anyone meltdown!

P.S. we need a Scout Sux emoticon similar to the ESPN one :espnsucks: .

Im over the ranting, i welcome him N and im excited to see what he does, lets just all enjoy these kids making the choice to come play for us and ill be fine

Thank you Vince. That sounds great. I enjoy some inside information about what you have seen and hope you will keep it coming, but with a little less negativity. State you are not sure, but you will keep us posted or something like that. It is always nice having someone from the area to give us some reports.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...