S Aaryn Bouzos

Nexus

Vince, I have a question for you and I hope you answer it.

Why can't NU be the first team to offer a kid and why can't if be okay for them to be the first to offer?

Dont you think it is safe to assume that the staff looked at more then one 5 minute film and that they know where he plays and who he plays and that they talked to his coaches about him?

I didnt see D1 talent cause they got killed by a team who got only had one legitimate d1 player. i mean how hard is that to understand? im only saying all this because unlike any of you i see who these guys play and know what type of players play here. nebraska offered him and thats why he's getting looked at..its the same old story. when lazarri got offered, all of the sudden every coach felt like a genius and looked at him but it was too late. My first impression is that our coaches didnt do their homework and didnt look at the fine print. they saw hard hitter from california...didnt see that this kid plays in a terrible division, finally played a team in a higher division and got smoked and got thrown all over. i mean cmon if you knew what i knew, how could you not have doubt? and about their conference in california....its a joke. to even downplay it by saying its not the top is a joke. sorry to break your heart on that one. the fact is, there are plenty of safeties who are worthy of a scholarship and have fewer question marks and this is what we get. kinda disapointed but then again im not on the coaching staff. most of you guys sound like you are or know so much cause none of you guys are asking questions or seem to care cause whatever the coaching staff does is correct. in my opinion thats very closed minded and ignorant. i cant speak for any kid in any other state because i dont live their but this guy is in my backyard and that gives me the edge. but if this kid gets offered then why not thatDaniel Davie kid in nebraska? hes way faster than this kid and has better measurables. but wait cause nebraska's perception is that they dont have legitimate d1 talent throughout the state and you cannot project those kids..well in division 5 and lower in california, its the same way..the talent level drops quickly and with that offer to be thrown out so quickly told me they didnt evaluate every aspect.

Im going to end my rant with one more thing. if you guys dont want to take what i say into perspective then fine. i went on here to enlighten those who arent familiar with this area to let them know what kind of competition goes on here. yes im sure it all came off as me not liking this kid and thats not the case. hes apart of our class, im incredibly intrigued to see him play for us and its cool that someone from my neighborhood is going to Nebraska but i have to lay out all the facts. i know people's perceptions on california, i read it all the time and how its sooo rich with talent and thats not always the case, its not like every school has great players.not true at all. if all this makes me the bad guy of the blog, so be it, i just like saying whats real.

Why can't NU be the first team to offer a kid and why can't if be okay for them to be the first to offer?

Dont you think it is safe to assume that the staff looked at more then one 5 minute film and that they know where he plays and who he plays and that they talked to his coaches about him?

i believe Wyoming offered first but i could be wrong. Its not about them being the first, its about them being the first and only. if this kid was totally legit, dont you think one of the many d1 programs in CA wouldve offered him right away? Isnt it safe to say that any coach is gonna hype his kid up and never downplay his conference when asked? Isnt safe to say that any coach is gonna use any advantage possible like using the california card? Isnt it safe to say that a low division player has many question marks? i mean, at least i have some knowledge with my answers, everyone is giving me the safe card by saying trust the staff. besides that what else is out there? yeah he hits hard but he hits kids who will never sniff a d1 offer. i mean you heard unsportsmanlike conduct and even they saw how small those kids are. its comparable to freshman football in long beach and even then those freshman are already getting d1 offers. So what else needs to be said?

I didnt see D1 talent cause they got killed by a team who got only had one legitimate d1 player. i mean how hard is that to understand? im only saying all this because unlike any of you i see who these guys play and know what type of players play here. nebraska offered him and thats why he's getting looked at..its the same old story. when lazarri got offered, all of the sudden every coach felt like a genius and looked at him but it was too late. My first impression is that our coaches didnt do their homework and didnt look at the fine print. they saw hard hitter from california...didnt see that this kid plays in a terrible division, finally played a team in a higher division and got smoked and got thrown all over. i mean cmon if you knew what i knew, how could you not have doubt? and about their conference in california....its a joke. to even downplay it by saying its not the top is a joke. sorry to break your heart on that one. the fact is, there are plenty of safeties who are worthy of a scholarship and have fewer question marks and this is what we get. kinda disapointed but then again im not on the coaching staff. most of you guys sound like you are or know so much cause none of you guys are asking questions or seem to care cause whatever the coaching staff does is correct. in my opinion thats very closed minded and ignorant. i cant speak for any kid in any other state because i dont live their but this guy is in my backyard and that gives me the edge. but if this kid gets offered then why not thatDaniel Davie kid in nebraska? hes way faster than this kid and has better measurables. but wait cause nebraska's perception is that they dont have legitimate d1 talent throughout the state and you cannot project those kids..well in division 5 and lower in california, its the same way..the talent level drops quickly and with that offer to be thrown out so quickly told me they didnt evaluate every aspect.

you are not evaluating the correct aspects of recruiting.

YOU DO NOT RECRUIT MANY PLAYERS THAT ARE GOING TO WALK ONTO CAMPUS AND START ON DEFENSE DURING THEIR FIRST PRACTICE!

i understand what you are saying about him not looking like a D1 safety to YOU but do you honestly think that you know more about playing the safety position than does the staff and The University of Nebraska? imma answer that one for you: no you do not. typically players are not at optimal size coming out of high school. players also do not usually even have all of the fundamentals down coming out of high school.

you cannot expect a 5 star recruit from every one of our 20 or so recruits each year and to do so is as you say "ignorant".

if you want all 4 and 5 star players then by all means start following Texas, USC, or Florida because im sure they will do it for ya!!

• Fire 2

i believe Wyoming offered first but i could be wrong. Its not about them being the first, its about them being the first and only. if this kid was totally legit, dont you think one of the many d1 programs in CA wouldve offered him right away? Isnt it safe to say that any coach is gonna hype his kid up and never downplay his conference when asked? Isnt safe to say that any coach is gonna use any advantage possible like using the california card? Isnt it safe to say that a low division player has many question marks? i mean, at least i have some knowledge with my answers, everyone is giving me the safe card by saying trust the staff. besides that what else is out there? yeah he hits hard but he hits kids who will never sniff a d1 offer. i mean you heard unsportsmanlike conduct and even they saw how small those kids are. its comparable to freshman football in long beach and even then those freshman are already getting d1 offers. So what else needs to be said?

I dont think that CA schools would have offered him right away, why would they? NU doesnt have to offer Nebraska kids right away because you always have that hometown pull.

No, it is not safe to say that any/most high school coaches will hype up their kid and downplay their conferences "badness". I have been on 3 different staffs and helped send a few kids to D1 schools and its not really something that is done. High school coaches generally do not want to set up their kids for failure so most wont lie to convince a college coach anything.

I dont know what the california card is so I cant answer that.

Yeah, its safe to say that a lower division kid could have question marks. I think thats safe to say about any and all players.

Also, most high school guys are not playing vs and hitting other D1 guys while in high school. I mean there are about 2,500 scholarships for D1 players per year and well, there are about 40,000 public and private high schools in the US, you got to think that if each one has a varsity football team and that averages about 40 players per team, well do the math. Most high school players never play vs another D1 guy. I played in the largest class in IL, my school had close to 3000 kids, the schools we played all had 3000 or more and I played against zero future D1 guys that I know of and I played with three guys that went on to play D1 but at non BCS schools.

you are not evaluating the correct aspects of recruiting.

YOU DO NOT RECRUIT MANY PLAYERS THAT ARE GOING TO WALK ONTO CAMPUS AND START ON DEFENSE DURING THEIR FIRST PRACTICE!

i understand what you are saying about him not looking like a D1 safety to YOU but do you honestly think that you know more about playing the safety position than does the staff and The University of Nebraska? imma answer that one for you: no you do not. typically players are not at optimal size coming out of high school. players also do not usually even have all of the fundamentals down coming out of high school.

you cannot expect a 5 star recruit from every one of our 20 or so recruits each year and to do so is as you say "ignorant".

if you want all 4 and 5 star players then by all means start following Texas, USC, or Florida because im sure they will do it for ya!!

Ok Bo Pelini? how do you evaluate talent. cause i guess getting thrown on by a better team with less d1 talent is not apart of the process? yes he's only one guy but besides the hit, he did nothing. top dogs show up every game. and thank you for putting words in my mouth cause everything you said that you implied coming out of my mouth didnt. as far as the size goes, i didnt say he had no size, i mean he's no corey cooper but hes not off by a lot. and next time when you mention three teams to compare nebraska with, dont choose the teams that have won 5 out of the last ten national championships, you only made my point, so actually thanks :)

I dont think that CA schools would have offered him right away, why would they? NU doesnt have to offer Nebraska kids right away because you always have that hometown pull.

No, it is not safe to say that any/most high school coaches will hype up their kid and downplay their conferences "badness". I have been on 3 different staffs and helped send a few kids to D1 schools and its not really something that is done. High school coaches generally do not want to set up their kids for failure so most wont lie to convince a college coach anything.

I dont know what the california card is so I cant answer that.

Yeah, its safe to say that a lower division kid could have question marks. I think thats safe to say about any and all players.

Also, most high school guys are not playing vs and hitting other D1 guys while in high school. I mean there are about 2,500 scholarships for D1 players per year and well, there are about 40,000 public and private high schools in the US, you got to think that if each one has a varsity football team and that averages about 40 players per team, well do the math. Most high school players never play vs another D1 guy. I played in the largest class in IL, my school had close to 3000 kids, the schools we played all had 3000 or more and I played against zero future D1 guys that I know of and I played with three guys that went on to play D1 but at non BCS schools.

well if nebraska thinks hes great dont you think some of the other schools in california would too? thats like saying a player like niles paul gets offered by nebraska a month before signing day. if the kid is good, then the offer is on the table, simple to me. and the california card means the california excuse and perception. meaning well if hes from california then he has to be good. and i understand youre point 100 percent and agree. i just want to lay out all the facts about this kid. He's N, thats fine. lets see what the staff can do with him

1. last two years of so i was sorta WTF at some of the kids we were after and some of the kids we signed.. now i've seen a lot of potential they bo and co saying they had come to fruition via spring ball, practice and really making a difference

2. we have determined the staff has a nack for finding talent and getting on it early so i am trusting them so far

3. what people has said about his tape is true in many regards... but the staff offered so thats what matters

4. we always seem to remain one step ahead of the other guys in terms of recruiting and i like that

5. i hope this guy isn't this years antario sloan.....

This all reminds me of Mason Wald (anyone remember him?) He hits like a truck yet is relatively unknown...hopefully Bouzos stays on board!

:bonez :bonez :bonez

isn't wald not even on the team and bolted to some D-II school or something??

Stamford I believe. Said he was homesick

Just watching video and doing some research, I'm not going to say that I don't have concerns about this kid. That being said, I would guess that whatever division he plays in is more competitive than Nebraska class C-1. Crick didn't dominate each and every game and he is doing pretty well for himself in big-boy college football. From friends in the Sutton area, they say that Schoff is a bit soft and he will likely be the highest rated 2012 Nebraska kid. Andrew Rodriguez was called lazy and he was highly rated and heavily recruited (and held his own against the best players in the country in the Army all-American game).

As for offers, sometimes kids just fly under the radar. Zach Domicone had no big offers much later in the recruiting season than this. Nebraska offered, then Oklahoma, and he ended up at Ohio State. I don't think Sam Acho had a major offer until the end of the summer. Nebraska offered, then USC, and he is making quite the name for himself as a Longhorn.

As for Davie, I hope he gets an offer. I'm sure if Bouzos was from Nebraska, there would be a lot of gnashing of teeth by some of the local skeptics. Maybe it is just human nature to question the kids that you know best.

I also think Aaryn is being recruited specifically to play the peso, and not a traditional safety position. His 4.5 was actually electronically timed (I think it was a 4.53 or 4.57). People get tired of hearing "trust the coaches", but they see things in kids that those of us with untrained eyes do not. Only time will tell.

Just watching video and doing some research, I'm not going to say that I don't have concerns about this kid. That being said, I would guess that whatever division he plays in is more competitive than Nebraska class C-1. Crick didn't dominate each and every game and he is doing pretty well for himself in big-boy college football. From friends in the Sutton area, they say that Schoff is a bit soft and he will likely be the highest rated 2012 Nebraska kid. Andrew Rodriguez was called lazy and he was highly rated and heavily recruited (and held his own against the best players in the country in the Army all-American game).

As for offers, sometimes kids just fly under the radar. Zach Domicone had no big offers much later in the recruiting season than this. Nebraska offered, then Oklahoma, and he ended up at Ohio State. I don't think Sam Acho had a major offer until the end of the summer. Nebraska offered, then USC, and he is making quite the name for himself as a Longhorn.

As for Davie, I hope he gets an offer. I'm sure if Bouzos was from Nebraska, there would be a lot of gnashing of teeth by some of the local skeptics. Maybe it is just human nature to question the kids that you know best.

I also think Aaryn is being recruited specifically to play the peso, and not a traditional safety position. His 4.5 was actually electronically timed (I think it was a 4.53 or 4.57). People get tired of hearing "trust the coaches", but they see things in kids that those of us with untrained eyes do not. Only time will tell.

this is the kind of response i was looking for, reasonable, understanding, and logical. thank you