The only problem with these workouts is that they're so hard on your body. Especially the joints for you older folk ;)

The healthy way to lose weight is 2-3 pounds per week, don't these workouts have you lose like a pound a day?

If you've got sore joints/bones they give you alternate ways to workout. Instead of just saying "oh, I can't do this exercise...it's too hard" they teach you to modify it so that you CAN do it. The guy leading it all is 40+ years old and he's even got a guy with one leg doing the exercises with them! Makes me feel like a wuss when I try and come up with excuses on why I can't do it. ;)

I wouldn't say you're losing a ton of weight per week. I lost 15lbs fast, but I've always been like that when I change my diet around. You're burning about 600-800 calories per day...so as long as you're consuming enough good calories to keep your body functioning, you'll be fine. In fact, the hardest thing about the diet is they want you to eat MORE calories than you're used to. I was having trouble getting used to eating 5 meals a day with about 600 calories per meal. The diet is NOT a crash diet. They've set carb/fat/protein ratio limits each day for you that changes with each phase.

They also try and teach you to ignore the scale. Body weight is different than body fat. And when you concentrate on lowering your body fat % you start ignoring the numbers on a scale that just tend to frustrate you anyway.

Yes, of course if it's done right they work wonders, that's been shown. A lot of people though aren't ready/are doing it to the wrong degree and actually end up inhibiting results. There's a lot of personal factors that those workouts can't account for on a person to person, like metabolism, body type, and bone structure. That's why these things don't have 100% success rates. For every guy who loses 25 pounds and looks more cut there's a ectomorphic guy with fast metabolism and thin structure who just ends up burning up muscle and stays weak and soft.

Yes, of course if it's done right they work wonders, that's been shown. A lot of people though aren't ready/are doing it to the wrong degree and actually end up inhibiting results. There's a lot of personal factors that those workouts can't account for on a person to person, like metabolism, body type, and bone structure. That's why these things don't have 100% success rates. For every guy who loses 25 pounds and looks more cut there's a ectomorphic guy with fast metabolism and thin structure who just ends up burning up muscle and stays weak and soft.

A guy I work with was (still is) doing the Insanity workout when I was doing it. Problem with this guy though was he did the exercises half-assed. I was literally dripping sweat when I completed each workout but this sum-bitch barely broke a sweat and the had the cajones to walk around like he was mister bad-ass and brag about it because he was doing the workout. Used to piss me off to no end watching him lazily do the exercises, not really getting any benefit out the program, while I'm busting my balls doing as much as I can. Several times I wanted to push his face thru the wall :steam

That's why these things don't have 100% success rates. For every guy who loses 25 pounds and looks more cut there's a ectomorphic guy with fast metabolism and thin structure who just ends up burning up muscle and stays weak and soft.

I wouldn't say that's not a success though. I think it's just certain people not being realistic. I'm one of the skinny guys doing this...and I don't expect to be perfectly chisled and benching 300 by the end of 90 days. I just don't have the body type. Nor the discipline to work out twice a day and consume upwards of 7000 calories or however much.

But as long as I'm eating healthy, working out regularly to prevent injury and to keep in shape so that I feel better mentally and physically...then I'd say that's a success.

Just do your research on the programs and figure out what it takes to get the results you want before buying.

That's why these things don't have 100% success rates. For every guy who loses 25 pounds and looks more cut there's a ectomorphic guy with fast metabolism and thin structure who just ends up burning up muscle and stays weak and soft.

I wouldn't say that's not a success though. I think it's just certain people not being realistic. I'm one of the skinny guys doing this...and I don't expect to be perfectly chisled and benching 300 by the end of 90 days. I just don't have the body type. Nor the discipline to work out twice a day and consume upwards of 7000 calories or however much.

But as long as I'm eating healthy, working out regularly to prevent injury and to keep in shape so that I feel better mentally and physically...then I'd say that's a success.

Just do your research on the programs and figure out what it takes to get the results you want before buying.

That's exactly what I'm sayin. People see the commercial and expect to look like a bodybuilder after three months, even though a very small percentage of people have the body type to achieve that in a year, let alone 90 days.

That's exactly what I'm sayin. People see the commercial and expect to look like a bodybuilder after three months, even though a very small percentage of people have the body type to achieve that in a year, let alone 90 days.

sales tactics....show the most improved people and it will make the 35 year old with the beer gut start thinking that could be him ;)

Of course, I think the "sounds too good to be true" mentality that most exercise DVD's and gadgets that you see on late night TV can make a lot of new customers second guess buying P90X. That's why I did as much research as I could before deciding on this program. The worst review I could find was someone saying "well, yeah...if you do anything like that for 90 days you're going to see results." That pretty much sold me.

I'll be done with my first round this weekend!! :koolaid2:

Of course, after a week at the lake...I'm gonna be starting from scratch again here soon ;)

This workout looks crazy.

I bought a Wii Fit in February this year and I've lost about 45lbs. Of course, I've started watching my diet too. What's messed up is that the fit is saying a healthy weight for a 5'9' male is 155. That means I have to lose another 60lbs. :facepalm:

Great job!! I always wondered if the Wii Fit was just one of those fad devices or not.

I think they base that off of your BMI calculation. According to my calculations I'm just BARELY in the "normal weight" range. Which means I was in the overweight range before I started. BMI is understood to have some controversial shortcomings though.

sales tactics....show the most improved people and it will make the 35 year old with the beer gut start thinking that could be him ;)

Of course, I think the "sounds too good to be true" mentality that most exercise DVD's and gadgets that you see on late night TV can make a lot of new customers second guess buying P90X. That's why I did as much research as I could before deciding on this program. The worst review I could find was someone saying "well, yeah...if you do anything like that for 90 days you're going to see results." That pretty much sold me.

I'll be done with my first round this weekend!! :koolaid2:

Of course, after a week at the lake...I'm gonna be starting from scratch again here soon ;)

Alas, my 4th of July at the lake may set me back a few days as well. ;)

This workout looks crazy.

I bought a Wii Fit in February this year and I've lost about 45lbs. Of course, I've started watching my diet too. What's messed up is that the fit is saying a healthy weight for a 5'9' male is 155. That means I have to lose another 60lbs. :facepalm:

Congratulations first off for losing the weight! Keep up the work!

Like Benny said, that weight the Fit is telling you is most likely based on BMI. Personally, I don't even pay attention to BMI because it doesn't take into account water weight or muscle mass. I'm 5'8" and about 185lbs and look fit but according to the calculators they use, my BMI is 28.1 which makes me overweight, teetering on obese.