Player: Stephone Anthony

Hometown: Wadesboro, NC

School: Anson HS

Position: OLB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 220

40 time: 4.52

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Clemson, Florida, Florida St., Georgia, Miami, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina St., Notre Dame, Oklahoma, South Carolina, UCLA, USC, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#6)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#3)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#1)

With Martin burning his shirt, Williams bolting, and David being a JUCO there is a considerable hole that needs to be filled at LB for the future. We really need a couple top-quality high schoolers this class. I have a hard time getting excited about a very highly-sought kid from North Carolina though. His current leaders are all nearby schools with Florida holding the early edge.

With Martin burning his shirt, Williams bolting, and David being a JUCO there is a considerable hole that needs to be filled at LB for the future. We really need a couple top-quality high schoolers this class. I have a hard time getting excited about a very highly-sought kid from North Carolina though. His current leaders are all nearby schools with Florida holding the early edge.

You always need to recruit for the future but to say there is a considerable hole in the linebacking corps just isn't true. It's probably our youngest and deepest spot on the roster right now.

You always need to recruit for the future but to say there is a considerable hole in the linebacking corps just isn't true. It's probably our youngest and deepest spot on the roster right now.

you're both right. our LB's are plenty deep for the next 2-3 years. however, we really do need at least two HS LB's in this class for 4-5 years down the road. i'd prefer three, assuming you include the "peso" with this group.

I think you missed the "for the future" piece. Doesn't equate to "right now". I'm with you though - I'm really excited to watch our LB play this year (and next year). Where we had holes last year, the DL was able to be disruptive enough to compesate. This year it looks as though we'll be a more complete defense, but still be able to maintain that disruption. Really exciting.

I think you missed the "for the future" piece. Doesn't equate to "right now". I'm with you though - I'm really excited to watch our LB play this year (and next year). Where we had holes last year, the DL was able to be disruptive enough to compesate. This year it looks as though we'll be a more complete defense, but still be able to maintain that disruption. Really exciting.

I really think for the future we need 2 quality LB's this year. I think our Peso guy comes in as a safety or large CB not as a fast LB. If we get 2 guys this year and they redshirt then they will be freshmen when Martin, Fisher, and Compton are Seniors which would be perfect. Of course if any of them step up big this year and next they could leave early and then this years guys would have to play. I say you take 2 this year and 1-2 next year.

If Cole Fisher's knee holds up and we offer we should get him (5.7-5.8 player). I also like Townsend and Shazier. I would take this kid, but I don't think we have as good of a shot to get him.

• 6 months later...

• 2 months later...