How bad do you have to be?

GAWD

it's obvious that anderson doesn't give a crap anymore - he's got to go

Yep I waited to comment all year on Anderson and he has to go.

I wanted to give the guy time after the first month. The team has gotten worse. We can not blame injuries, because the bats are all intact at this point, and I know pitching has its problems, but the offense can't even score in Sunday games when teams are usually throwing their worst pitchers. They went at least 4-5 innings tonight without a hit and/or baserunner! It's reaching the point where the only "compelling" argument I find from Anderson's last supporters is that "Nebraska will never be consistently good in baseball." Well, sure, with that kind of defeatist attitude, you get coaches like this and your prophecy becomes true.

And that ignores the issue of how Anderson treats his assistant coaches and players. Somebody posted a comment on Channel 6's website about this, but said they weren't going to share any more info than that <_< I say why not? Hell, most of it is on display when you go to a game and see him shouting down players on the field for missing a sign.

I feel a little better now :rant

GAWD

I wanted to give the guy time after the first month. The team has gotten worse. We can not blame injuries, because the bats are all intact at this point, and I know pitching has its problems, but the offense can't even score in Sunday games when teams are usually throwing their worst pitchers. They went at least 4-5 innings tonight without a hit and/or baserunner! It's reaching the point where the only "compelling" argument I find from Anderson's last supporters is that "Nebraska will never be consistently good in baseball." Well, sure, with that kind of defeatist attitude, you get coaches like this and your prophecy becomes true.

And that ignores the issue of how Anderson treats his assistant coaches and players. Somebody posted a comment on Channel 6's website about this, but said they weren't going to share any more info than that <_< I say why not? Hell, most of it is on display when you go to a game and see him shouting down players on the field for missing a sign.

Where is havoc? Honestly, anyone heard from said poster in a while?

I was hoping I was wrong, but in hindsight, I don't think I was. Anderson's, "I'm going to play the percentages" b.s. has got to go.

These players don't deserve the rep that they're getting. It's all coaching. The f'n coaches don't even look like they give a s*** anymore.

I'll end with this: with our offense, we should be battling for AT LEAST the middle of the Big 12 right now. With our coaches, we now are distancing ourselves (in a freakin' downward spiral) from the second-to-worst team in the Big 12...

We are in the current of a flushing toilet - this is now our baseball program.

You have a 5-1 lead... and pitching can not win you a game with that lead! The bats shine every so often, but we can't expect to win, if pitching can't get the outs we need, let alone get the ball over the plate. If things don't change at the end of the season I don't see a bright future, but then again I could be wrong. I mean, honestly I didn't think we would be as good as we were in Bo's first years, but coaching changes the way players play.

GAWD

Where is havoc? Honestly, anyone heard from said poster in a while?

I was hoping I was wrong, but in hindsight, I don't think I was. Anderson's, "I'm going to play the percentages" b.s. has got to go.

These players don't deserve the rep that they're getting. It's all coaching. The f'n coaches don't even look like they give a s*** anymore.

I'll end with this: with our offense, we should be battling for AT LEAST the middle of the Big 12 right now. With our coaches, we now are distancing ourselves (in a freakin' downward spiral) from the second-to-worst team in the Big 12...

We are in the current of a flushing toilet - this is now our baseball program.

Congratulations. This post was Unsportsmanlike Conduct's message board posting of the day.

Congratulations. This post was Unsportsmanlike Conduct's message board posting of the day.

I hope you're being facetious. If not, I guess I've forgotten about the power and reach of the interwebz.

Nope, it's true. Listen to the podcast from April 21. It should be the opening to either the last or the second to last segment.