Player: David Santos

Hometown: Klein, TX

School: Klein Collins HS

Position: OLB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 205

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arkansas, Colorado St., Kansas, Memphis, Nebraska, Tulane, Utah, Wyoming

Rivals: :star :star :star (#51)

Scout: :star :star :star (#45)

ESPN: :star :star :star (#31)

**NOTE: Click on ESPN link above to view highlights.**

Have not done much research on this kid but you have to imagine out of the three scholly offers that he has we look like we would be his best option.

New Rivals teaser suggesting that Santos will be visiting soon and if he likes it, then he'll likely commit soon afterwards. His profile also has Nebraska as the only school listed with "HIGH" interest.

Nexus, you pretty much said it. If he likes his visit he could pull the trigger. On his way up to Nebraska, he is going to stop by Arkansas and Kansas. He also likes Utah but Nebraska has a little lead.

HI must've felt generous today with that update. They gave it away in the teaser itself. :lol:

Nexus, you pretty much said it. If he likes his visit he could pull the trigger. On his way up to Nebraska, he is going to stop by Arkansas and Kansas. He also likes Utah but Nebraska has a little lead.

HI must've felt generous today with that update. They gave it away in the teaser itself. :lol:

his 40 time is supposedly a 4.6 and he weighs 193 but maxes out the bench at 310 hmmmm hes going to be a good olb

his 40 time is supposedly a 4.6 and he weighs 193 but maxes out the bench at 310 hmmmm idk

just saw a vid sign him up :)

6'1 205 is the size of LB we should be going after. Skerchicago, when is his trip?

6'1 205 is the size of LB we should be going after. Skerchicago, when is his trip?

I'm assuming camp weekend but all it says is early June.

He is at 193 lbs and this has been confirmed by rivals

I'm assuming camp weekend but all it says is early June.

Thanks for the update! :thumbs

Maybe Santos can talk his teammate CB Charles Jackson into visiting NU with him since we're also an early favorite with Jackson as well? If you read the link Chamrocck posted in post #2, Jackson also made the All-Camp team.

Maybe Santos can talk his teammate CB Charles Jackson into visiting NU with him since we're also an early favorite with Jackson as well? If you read the link Chamrocck posted in post #2, Jackson also made the All-Camp team.

That would be nice, Jackson's recruitment had blown up in the last month. Texas is evaluating him right now for an offer.

says he might commit on his visit

Which is when?

lol, sorry missed it in the story the first time.. 2 weeks

Haha... it's ok. Thanks :thumbs

If he commits on his visit that means that we have given up on getting Sarao. I wouldnt mind it. I love Sarao's game but I think Santos is a good prospect as well that will fit our system.

Would that also mean that there's no chance we offer Cole Fisher?

Not entirely. But I dont see us offering Cole. We are also in on a good one in Florida named Keith Lewis.

Would that also mean that there's no chance we offer Cole Fisher?

Not entirely. But I dont see us offering Cole. We are also in on a good one in Florida named Keith Lewis.

Thanks for the info EZ!

If he commits on his visit that means that we have given up on getting Sarao. I wouldnt mind it. I love Sarao's game but I think Santos is a good prospect as well that will fit our system.

it is my impression that we lost interest in sarao when he camped here.

I dont think we lost interest, but if his grades were good enough we was going to Stanford no question. If we let Santos commit then the coaches know something about Sarao.

Wrong from what I hear.

Supposedly if we could get him, we were done at LB. Sarao was #1 by far on their LB board. If his grades are good enough, he's at Stanford. If not, we were his backup. If we accept Santos, Sarao is admitted is the assumption as stated above.

I can't imagine them only taking one scholarship lb this year. They took one juco last year, two recruits in 09, but one has left the team, the other will be a sophomore this year. That leaves us without any scholarship freshman or redshirt freshman this year. I think we need to restock a little bit, get them in the system, even if we are going to more of a two backer set. Will the Peso be as effective in the Big10, or will we go back to more of a three backer look?

We will still use the Peso defense alot in the Big 10, there are some spread offenses. I could see us taking players like a harvey jackson and bulk them up, then move them down to a weak side linebacker. But we will still recruit true linebackers as well.

Wrong from what I hear.

Supposedly if we could get him, we were done at LB. Sarao was #1 by far on their LB board. If his grades are good enough, he's at Stanford. If not, we were his backup. If we accept Santos, Sarao is admitted is the assumption as stated above.

My understanding is we have moved on from Sarao due to percieved committment to Stanford, and his camp appearance, our #1 target is Keith Lewis at LB from what I know.

http://rivals.yahoo....th-Lewis-108628

Sarao was #1 by far on their LB board. If his grades are good enough, he's at Stanford. If not, we were his backup. If we accept Santos, Sarao is admitted is the assumption as stated above.

that seemed to be the case prior to camp. i don't think it is any more. supposedly he was smaller than expected and rose looked significantly better.

i don't know whether we could have pried him away from stanford if we wanted to, but i don't believe we're still trying.

Sarao was #1 by far on their LB board. If his grades are good enough, he's at Stanford. If not, we were his backup. If we accept Santos, Sarao is admitted is the assumption as stated above.

that seemed to be the case prior to camp. i don't think it is any more. supposedly he was smaller than expected and rose looked significantly better.

i don't know whether we could have pried him away from stanford if we wanted to, but i don't believe we're still trying.

What would anything about Rose have to do with Sarao? Rose is a 2012 commit.

agree, not sure Rose would affect their decision on Sarao in any way. the coaches wouldn't shy away from signing a quality LB this year on the chance that Rose survives 2 more years of being recruited. too many things can still happen w/ that.

This.

Santos and Lewis look like they could be our LBs this year. I think if Sarao would have committed we would have only taken one, but since we are not going to get him we will take Santos and Lewis.

This.

Santos and Lewis look like they could be our LBs this year. I think if Sarao would have committed we would have only taken one, but since we are not going to get him we will take Santos and Lewis.

I could see us taking three, if Moody decides to jump on board we could still take lewis or santos or maybe both. Moody would be imediate help, which would allow the younger LB's to learn the system and bulk up.

This.

I could see us taking three, if Moody decides to jump on board we could still take lewis or santos or maybe both. Moody would be imediate help, which would allow the younger LB's to learn the system and bulk up.

With our limited scholly's for next year, I don't see ANY way we take 3 LB's.

We only have 19 departing Seniors, so we only have 6 spots left. We lose 3 WR (if you count McNeill as a WR) this year, so we really need to take at least 2. Then we need 2 DE's, another DT, probably one more DB (or OL if we get Hobbi), a TE and of course a RB. The only way we take 3 LB's is if we have attrition at LB this year, we will obviously oversign, so expect some attrition as the year goes on. I could see a TE, QB and RB at a minimum leave the team this year.

2012 recruiting is going to be really interesting, we only have 12 juniors on scholarship currently so that will likely be an extremely small class.

i'm familiar with their classes. as stated, my understanding was that they were less than thrilled with sarao. i also thought the comparison to rose was interesting. sorry if you didn't.

With our limited scholly's for next year, I don't see ANY way we take 3 LB's.

We only have 19 departing Seniors, so we only have 6 spots left. We lose 3 WR (if you count McNeill as a WR) this year, so we really need to take at least 2. Then we need 2 DE's, another DT, probably one more DB (or OL if we get Hobbi), a TE and of course a RB. The only way we take 3 LB's is if we have attrition at LB this year, we will obviously oversign, so expect some attrition as the year goes on. I could see a TE, QB and RB at a minimum leave the team this year.

2012 recruiting is going to be really interesting, we only have 12 juniors on scholarship currently so that will likely be an extremely small class.

we took 4 receivers last year, so i don't expect us to take more than 2, unless we get a real stud late. pretty well aree with the rest of your numbers, and that there will be attrition. not sure which TE would leave though unless kerr calls it quits or someone gets hurt. also, with heard and harper's scholarships opening up, at least one will go to a walk-on, quite possibly cassidy, who would add to the junior class. hard to see too far into the future, but i'd bet we take at least 23 this year and at least 18-19 next

Will be visiting Nebraska on Thursday July 22 with some family. Apparantly we are his #1 choice and he could quite make a decision after his trip and he's been wanting to come up to Nebraska for quite some time.

His top 3 in this order are: Nebraska, Mizzou, and Arkansas

• Upvote 1

Will be visiting Nebraska on Thursday July 22 with some family. Apparantly we are his #1 choice and he could quite make a decision after his trip and he's been wanting to come up to Nebraska for quite some time.

His top 3 in this order are: Nebraska, Mizzou, and Arkansas

Thats my birthday, so I would like to think he will commit as a present to me and all of husker nation.

Not that it matters but I wish rivals would get off their butts and rate this guy. Scout gives Santos 3 stars and ESPN rates him a very solid 79 (3 star).

FWIW Tyler Moore is only a 78 on ESPN's rating system. Everyone says how great Moore is, well ESPN thinks even higher of Santos. I'm cool with that.

you know i really lilked AS (well not super super liked) but i think its lame how we are still crawling (to my knowledge) on AS jock... i thought we wanted kids who wanted to be here not kids who want to be here only if they dont have the grades for crapford...... David looks like a great guy and someone stoked to come here.. .lets make it happen already......

:koolaid2:

Any news on this kids visit?

Talman at HI stated that David, his father, and two brothers drove all night to Lincoln last night and didn't arrive until today. I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything today.

Talman at HI stated that David, his father, and two brothers drove all night to Lincoln last night and didn't arrive until today. I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything today.

He is staying until Sunday so we might have to wait until Sunday night/Monday morning for an update.

He is staying until Sunday so we might have to wait until Sunday night/Monday morning for an update.

That sounds like good news to me. After such a long visit I'd be surprised if we didn't get a commitment from him.

:bigredn:

That sounds like good news to me. After such a long visit I'd be surprised if we didn't get a commitment from him.

pretty sure the question is whether we want him or not.

pretty sure the question is whether we want him or not.

Well he has an offer, so I assume the coaches would accept his verbal if he gives it.

What are the coaches going to do, tell him not to commit so that they can continue to wait on Sarao? That doesn't seem like a very wise strategy to me.

I would accept santos commitment and tell Saro if you dont want to compete for a spot and have things given to you, then this isnt the right place for you. If you want to compete and earn it and become a great athlete then this is the place for you. Just my two cents. if it came down between saro or santos and maybe lewis and,or moody. I am gonna take the debth.