SIGNED OLB David Santos

Nexus

Any news on this kids visit?

Talman at HI stated that David, his father, and two brothers drove all night to Lincoln last night and didn't arrive until today. I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything today.

He is staying until Sunday so we might have to wait until Sunday night/Monday morning for an update.

That sounds like good news to me. After such a long visit I'd be surprised if we didn't get a commitment from him.

:bigredn:

Any news on this kids visit?

Talman at HI stated that David, his father, and two brothers drove all night to Lincoln last night and didn't arrive until today. I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything today.

He is staying until Sunday so we might have to wait until Sunday night/Monday morning for an update.

That sounds like good news to me. After such a long visit I'd be surprised if we didn't get a commitment from him.

pretty sure the question is whether we want him or not.

Well he has an offer, so I assume the coaches would accept his verbal if he gives it.

What are the coaches going to do, tell him not to commit so that they can continue to wait on Sarao? That doesn't seem like a very wise strategy to me.

I would accept santos commitment and tell Saro if you dont want to compete for a spot and have things given to you, then this isnt the right place for you. If you want to compete and earn it and become a great athlete then this is the place for you. Just my two cents. if it came down between saro or santos and maybe lewis and,or moody. I am gonna take the debth.

Well he has an offer, so I assume the coaches would accept his verbal if he gives it.

What are the coaches going to do, tell him not to commit so that they can continue to wait on Sarao? That doesn't seem like a very wise strategy to me.

It happens all of the time (and I do mean all the time) with every major program in the country.

It happens all of the time (and I do mean all the time) with every major program in the country.

true, but i'm betting we'll take his commitment if he gives one. can't imagine we'd have him and his family up without being willing to take the commit, particularly when sarao seems firm to stanford (whether or not we backed off on him, which i believe we did).

ive read alot reports and rumors tht santos will be commited by the end off the weekend coming from from a pretty good source...

That is no secret. He has been ready to commit for quite some time now, but was slow played for awhile.

ive read alot reports and rumors tht santos will be commited by the end off the weekend coming from from a pretty good source...

That is no secret. He has been ready to commit for quite some time now, but was slow played for awhile.

good news... i'm pretty stoked on Santos... he looked like he has a lot of heart drive and is the kind of player that will generate a lot of positive outcome for the team

If he committs will we still go after another LB ? A lot of talk we only take one in this class has that changed with the move to the big ten where the run game is more common attack.

That's a good point. And also, anyones guess???? I guess time will tell.

bigredn.png

true, but i'm betting we'll take his commitment if he gives one. can't imagine we'd have him and his family up without being willing to take the commit, particularly when sarao seems firm to stanford (whether or not we backed off on him, which i believe we did).

We brought Harold Mobley in last year from Cali, he had an offer, and even publicly announced he was going to NU, we didn't accept it, and now he's headed to CU. It happens.