SIGNED OLB David Santos

Nexus

Apparently Mr. Santos had a great game last Friday night against crosstown rival Klein Oak. Good to see future Husker commits having success on the field.

Spring (Texas) Klein Collins linebacker David Santos received the highest grade from Rivals.com analyst Brian Perroni after he made 15 tackles, including two sacks, in a 24-9 win over Spring (Texas) Klein Oak. The Nebraska commitment should be a popular name in Lincoln for the next few years. Find out how other top defensive prospects graded out last weekend.

LINK

Does anyone realize that David has a little brother who will be graduating next year. He plays safety, but I think he fits the mold of a corner at 5-10 175. With as out spoken David is on the huskers, I'd say this kid is in the bag for next year.

Yes, his name is Ryan Santos. I'd like to think the kid has an inside track for an NU offer but then again, it's not a guarantee when you consider that NU hasn't offered three legacy prospects from the 2011 class; Jacob Welter, Dylan Wynn and Cole Fisher. I'm sure the staff has their reasons and that's their job, but it's just an example that nothing is a given with the way this staff recruits.

Does anyone realize that David has a little brother who will be graduating next year. He plays safety, but I think he fits the mold of a corner at 5-10 175. With as out spoken David is on the huskers, I'd say this kid is in the bag for next year.

Yes, his name is Ryan Santos. I'd like to think the kid has an inside track for an NU offer but then again, it's not a guarantee when you consider that NU hasn't offered three legacy prospects from the 2011 class; Jacob Welter, Dylan Wynn and Cole Fisher. I'm sure the staff has their reasons and that's their job, but it's just an example that nothing is a given with the way this staff recruits.

And don't forget Kyler Reed's little brother. Yes I know he has a scholarship, but by no means are we beating down his door to lock in that commitment.

And don't forget Kyler Reed's little brother. Yes I know he has a scholarship, but by no means are we beating down his door to lock in that commitment.

Not to topic-jack, but if I remember right at one point Dagan was a hell of a prospect. Things have been waaaaayyyy too quiet on his recruiting front, especially considering the fact he's a current players brother. Makes me wonder if the coaches have backed off.

Not to topic-jack, but if I remember right at one point Dagan was a hell of a prospect. Things have been waaaaayyyy too quiet on his recruiting front, especially considering the fact he's a current players brother. Makes me wonder if the coaches have backed off.

he wants to be play runningback unfortunatly, and we offered him as a safety.

Fairly sure I have heard Dagan is pretty dead set at playing RB in college and that ain't happening here with or without Aaron Green IMHO. Probably ends up at KU.

Anyhow back to Mr. Santos. Keep tearing it up on the field and chirping in Mr. Jackson's ear.... :bonesflag::bonesflag::bonesflag:

Congrats to Mr. Santos!

Klein (Texas) Klein Collins outside linebacker David Santos will be playing in the O-D All-American Bowl in South Carolina in December. Santos was selected to the team on Monday.

"When you watch David on tape it takes about two plays to locate him," said O-D's Artie Gigantino. "He is a great hitter and an outstanding football player. He will be joined in the Offense-Defense All-American game, sponsored by Offense-Defense Football Camps, by some of the nation's top players. Coach Pelini and the Nebraska staff are getting a future Blackshirt great."

Santos is a three-star, ranked 44th at outside linebacker by Scout.com.

He committed to Nebraska in July.

LINK

• Fire 1

Congrats to Mr. Santos!

Klein (Texas) Klein Collins outside linebacker David Santos will be playing in the O-D All-American Bowl in South Carolina in December. Santos was selected to the team on Monday.

"When you watch David on tape it takes about two plays to locate him," said O-D's Artie Gigantino. "He is a great hitter and an outstanding football player. He will be joined in the Offense-Defense All-American game, sponsored by Offense-Defense Football Camps, by some of the nation's top players. Coach Pelini and the Nebraska staff are getting a future Blackshirt great."

LINK

Can't really say I have ever heard of this All Star game, is it a newer one? :dunno

But Congrats non the less, I'm sure David will represent the Blackshirts well :bonez

Congrats to Mr. Santos!

LINK

Can't really say I have ever heard of this All Star game, is it a newer one? :dunno

But Congrats non the less, I'm sure David will represent the Blackshirts well :bonez

If I remember correctly, and that may be a pretty big if, but I believe that all-star game was the same one Corey Cooper played in.

Congrats to Mr. Santos!

LINK

If I remember correctly, and that may be a pretty big if, but I believe that all-star game was the same one Corey Cooper played in.

Did a little research for my own curiosity and I guess this game has been around since '07. It used to be played in the Orange Bowl and now resides in South Carolina. Yes EZ Cooper played in the game last year. He is not the only Husker alum. According to their website, Will Compton and Will Yancy played in this game. Not sure exactly how up to par the site actually is because another former alum of the game is Earnest Norman and for his current college it says Nebraska. Can't really recall Norman's recruitment other than he was from Euliss, committed I believe, had family issues, and then I don't know what happened to him.

Actually some decent players have played in this game like Dez Bryant, Ryan Broyles, Aaron Corp, Golden Tate, and Cam Newton. Was suprised with that.

• 3 weeks later...